The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

On 07/07/2023 at 19:14, RandomGuy. said:

It was?

Hes signed Mandron because he likes his size rather than because he actually fulfills a need.

To me thats just scattergunning at a target with no real idea of where hes going to fit in.

Comparing him to Main is just odd to me.

tenor (6).gif

1 hour ago, medals said:

Think we went to defend our lead and invited the comeback. Why not keep going for the 3rd. I know we did in a way, but we did sit in more.

Similar patterns to last season. Go gung ho for the first goal, try and kill the game. Once we get ahead we are a tough team to play against but when it gets to the 60 minute mark fatigue starts to show.

Baccus, Strain, McMenamin were all done long before the end. Tried to conserve a bit of energy. 

Perfect situation for Olusanya to come on and cause havoc, which he did. Drew a couple of good fouls ect. Grieve got stuck in.

After the first half it would have been daylight robbery for Dundee to get anything from the game but they kept at it and nearly did get a point.

8 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Similar patterns to last season. Go gung ho for the first goal, try and kill the game. Once we get ahead we are a tough team to play against but when it gets to the 60 minute mark fatigue starts to show.

Baccus, Strain, McMenamin were all done long before the end. Tried to conserve a bit of energy. 

Perfect situation for Olusanya to come on and cause havoc, which he did. Drew a couple of good fouls ect. Grieve got stuck in.

After the first half it would have been daylight robbery for Dundee to get anything from the game but they kept at it and nearly did get a point.

I thought we ran out of steam big time, we definitely do need a couple of more players. I know Robbo is saying we don't, but if we'd had another fullback and a central midfielder to bring on at 60-70 mins today that could have been a lot more comfortable.

9 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Hemming won us that match today. A good goalie is the difference between 3 points and dropped points.👏

Robinson was saying he was by far our best player, which I took as a nod to Trevor Carson.

I thought Hemming was good, seemed a bit hesitant at the goal, then there was a bit of a communication issue with Bolton at one point. But other than that he did well. He took a few tricky crosses in a crowded box and had a good stop with his feet. I didn't feel that Dundee tested him much though. 

Thought we were superb first half and should've been more than 2 up. I was a little bit disappointed it ended up being nervy at the end when we should've won it more comfortably however the 3 points is the most important thing.

McMenamin was great and my MOTM but also so happy for Mandron and Hemming - two players that Robinson was heavily criticised for signing and both were very good today.

25 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Robinson was saying he was by far our best player, which I took as a nod to Trevor Carson.

I thought Hemming was good, seemed a bit hesitant at the goal, then there was a bit of a communication issue with Bolton at one point. But other than that he did well. He took a few tricky crosses in a crowded box and had a good stop with his feet. I didn't feel that Dundee tested him much though. 

Probably said that to get at Carson. Good penalty save, made easier due to the fact it was a badly taken penalty but the goalkeeper still has to keep it out.

McMenamin looked streets ahead of everyone today imo. 

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Fuxake, out for a month.

How does an injury like that happen in training?

On the plus side, the transfer window will be shut by then. I can't see any club coming in for an injured player. 

Hopefully he makes a speedy recovery. 

I thought our best player over the course today was Marcus Fraser.

McMenamin was brilliant in the first half, but faded in the second half.

Hemming did really well and hopefully his confidence grows and grows.

Hopefully Bolton will be fit enough to start at CH next week, and I'd rather have Dunne in instead of Taylor.

O'Hara came out of the tunnel before the game then went to sit behind the dugout. Looked to be walking normally: no crutches or anything. 3 games then an international break so hopefully it's just those 3 he misses.

Chance for CBM or does he go with Gogic in there?

Thought it was an interesting point Robinson made about CBM after the game in that, despite his age, he's playing his first games in professional football. Was all U23 level until he came to us. Taylor also very inexperienced and that was just McMenamin's 2nd game in a professional league. All should improve.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Hopefully Bolton will be fit enough to start at CH next week, and I'd rather have Dunne in instead of Taylor.

I thought Taylor had a pretty good game today. 

26 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Bolton looks some way short of fitness