The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

47 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Morning all!

Match day. 🤩 My favourite day of the week.

Pity we've sold so few tickets, I really cannot understand it. 

I think this one could go all the way to pens. I think there's very little between the sides. We're obviously handicapped by missing O'Hara. They will be full of confidence after a decent start in the league and that lad, Biereth's, debut last week. They have also almost sold out the away stand.

Still, with Strain and Baccus on form I think we will be alright. Am I correct in think Bolton may start today? I wasn't overly impressed with him last game.

Changing the subject, thank you to whoever it was who recommended Fitzy, but what a missed opportunity:

Screenshot2023-08-1500_57.27(1).png.cb08ec82fdcd1482db1d166d99cb33d9.png

Oh, what could have been! 

Not sure what sort of crowd folk were expecting for this stage of the league cup. History shows a home game v a non cheek top league side draws about 4500. I fully expect at least that today unless it's heavy persistent rain in the couple of hours before ko. There will be 3000+ home fans regardless of how folk are interpreting the ticket site which is absolutely normal for this sort of game given ST not valid. Anything above 4500 would be decent. 

Motherwell haven't lost any of there last 12 games. Record against us in last 5.... 3 wins for well and 1 draw so can't fathom how bookies have us as favourites. The conditions are usually a good leveler so fingers crossed.

Edited by elvis

Posted this on match thread but worth putting here too for any ST holders with the "app". Bought my seat for today and as well as the emailed ticket it instantly appeared in my app which I was impressed with. Looked today and it's no longer there. Someone else checked and said likewise. Be prepared or we might see slow queues at the turnstiles. 

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:

Posted this on match thread but worth putting here too for any ST holders with the "app". Bought my seat for today and as well as the emailed ticket it instantly appeared in my app which I was impressed with. Looked today and it's no longer there. Someone else checked and said likewise. Be prepared or we might see slow queues at the turnstiles. 

You have to go into the section <orders> to find todays ticket.

IMG_3630.thumb.jpeg.8752096203eae12726c3c83c658aa645.jpeg

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

Where you getting those stats, it's bollocks. 

I think you've misread/misunderstood @elvis post. A full stop would probably have helped after "Motherwell haven't lost any of their last 12 games."

Our (Motherwell) last defeat was against United at Fir Park on 15th April. Since then we've played 12 games in both league and league cup - our record is W 8 D 4 L 0. So as @elvis says we're undefeated in our last 12.

Our last 5 results against St Mirren are:

15/02/23 - Motherwell 2 - 1 St Mirren
28/01/23 - St Mirren 1 - 0 Motherwell
31/07/22 - St Mirren 0 - 1 Motherwell
02/04/22 - Motherwell 4 - 2 St Mirren
01/02/22 - St Mirren 1 - 1 Motherwell

So 3 wins for Motherwell, 1 draw and 1 win for St Mirren.

I mean, I wouldn't worry I imagine it'll be a comfortable home win for Saints today but either way the stats @elvis posted are quite correct.

Edited by capt_oats

23 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Again, I have no axe to grind in this particular debate. Thinking about it though, if I wander up to a food van or somesuch, I say ‘a roll ‘n’ square sausage please’. Or ‘a roll ‘n’ bacon please’. Aye, definitely comes out my mouth sounding like ‘n’ between the words roll and filling of choice.

Now, FFS, has the mystery striker been spotted in Asda yet?

naw, nae striker yet mon

2 minutes ago, Drooper said:

Wasn't at the game this afternoon.  I hear the goalkeeper did well? Perhaps @Ric can confirm....

Same as you, I wasn't at the game.

Listened to it on the radio and it certainly sounds like he had a good game, not too much to do, but did what was asked of him. I didn't fancy him for #1 but fair play, he seems to have grabbed the opportunity. It's still very early doors, mind.

That said, it's the same for Olusanya, who we'd all pretty much written off. I certainly had, but he's come back a changed player. Boyd-Munce should get a shout here, as well. He's got a great range in his passing, but I didn't realise he had that in his locker (not seen it yet, but it sounds a cracker).