The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Between complaining about only beating a team of trialists 3-2 in what appeared to be an afternoon training session after pulling double duty in the morning, folk moaning about Kwon not being good enough level of a signing before he's kicked a ball and a full blown debate elsewhere on a fan forum as to why Baccus actually isn't that good, I genuinely wonder what goes through the heads of some of our supporters at times.

7 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Meanwhile, Luke Kenny is still at Cliftonville but has hardly been involved. Think he may have been injured for a spell.

I heard he was heading back, but nothing from the club yet.

Not really Saints related but it's the winter break and not much is going on.

I'm running the Manchester Marathon in April, partly to raise money for Accord. If anyone wants to chuck me/them a few quid, I'd be grateful https://www.justgiving.com/page/stuartisturning40

If nothing else, you can have a laugh at a 30+ year old picture of me wearing a Saints tracksuit.

7 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Paul McGowan for me is one of St Mirrens best ever players especially in first three seasons . Should have played at a much higher level .

He did...

image.png.be91bd29a64e06015665f5142268c70f.png

17 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Between complaining about only beating a team of trialists 3-2 in what appeared to be an afternoon training session after pulling double duty in the morning, folk moaning about Kwon not being good enough level of a signing before he's kicked a ball and a full blown debate elsewhere on a fan forum as to why Baccus actually isn't that good, I genuinely wonder what goes through the heads of some of our supporters at times.

It's almost like the Facebook 'fans' group page Karen's have taken a day trip over to P&B to spout absolute nonsense for a day or two. Really really embarassing stuff.

18 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

folk moaning about “player X” not being good enough level of a signing before he's kicked a ball.

This will never end. In recent seasons we have heard the same about Baccus, Strain, Gogic, O’Hara, Tanser, Hemmings. The list goes on and on.
Sometimes that criticism comes via other fans who they played for.

Hemmings in particular received extremely harsh criticism which was completely unwarranted. 

Back when I was a lad the same was heard about three signings we made from juniors (Johnstone Burgh & Beith Juniors) or lower leagues transfers (Clyde). 

McAvennie, Clarke and Ferguson went on to earn our club an absolute fortune on the original investment. 

Not every signing is going to work but please give the new guys a chance to play and develop into a new dressing room and playing system.