The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

44 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

If we had to play tomorrow, we've got a full, no weaknesses, first-choice XI signed up. Absolutely unprecedented for us.

Congratulations on angering the footballing gods.

Unprecedented injury crisis now inbound. 

7 hours ago, Stu said:

Article in The Herald says he can also play right back or central defence, which sounds about right for one of our signings these days.

Herald also has an interview with Stelios: https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/24356891.stelios-demetrious-incredible-18-months-st-mirren-words/

Can't read as behind the paywall. If only it had been in The Times but they are obsessed with OF and no one else exists. 

58 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Can't read as behind the paywall. If only it had been in The Times but they are obsessed with OF and no one else exists. 

A couple of quotes.

"It was the wrong timing. Jack Ross just left, I was out of contract then the new manager came in - what was his name [Alan Stubbs] - and you know the history after that what happened, he tore the club a little bit to pieces. But you know what, that is football.

Stelios has time to laugh about the moment a Bounty bar was thrown at his head during a derby contest at Cappielow.

It's a memory that will never leave the defender - particularly not after picking up and eating the chocolate bar before taking a throw-in.

"Do you remember that one, did you like it?," he joked.

"You know how it is when we used to play against them - we don't play against them anymore because they are the league below.

"I am not a big sweet fan but whenever I see a Bounty that is the first thing that comes to my head - straight to my head!"

1 hour ago, jimmy boo said:

12ft.io should get you past the paywall

15 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

You can sign up for the Herald’s free (no paywall) weekly St Mirren newsletter. Some good stuff in these. Worth every penny 😉

Think Kwon will be back with us unless we get gazumped or he is sold. 

Still waiting on a CB and striker...

What else? Like a fast goalscoring winger?

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

A new 3 year deal for Mandron. 

Where you seeing this?

Does this mean St Etienne will have to up their offer? 😉

Edited by medals
2nd paragraph

2 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

Eh?

The website https://www.12ft.io/ lets you put in a link to a page behind a paywall and you can access it. Although, as Kempes says, sign up to the free newsletter and you get the article sent to you on a Thursday evening.

3 hours ago, medals said:

Still waiting on a CB and striker...

What else? Like a fast goalscoring winger?

Hope you are right about Kwon. 

We need a striker who knows the way to goal. 

5 hours ago, medals said:

That's quite the prediction. So unless a club pays more money than us - likely - or Celtic sell him - also likely - then you reckon he might come back? 😂

I reckon we might win the league next season, unless a different, better team does.

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

That's quite the prediction. So unless a club pays more money than us - likely - or Celtic sell him - also likely - then you reckon he might come back? 😂

I reckon we might win the league next season, unless a different, better team does.

Oh you are having fun. 🤣

Your likely's have at least as many IF's or buts as my claim and your league prediction is ridiculous - there is no chance we will win the league next season - there is a fair chance Kwon will be back.

Who else wants Kwon on loan then?

Who is making offers to buy him?

He has stated this week that he hopes to be back with us and SR has stated he wants him back.

Rumour is Rodgers wants him away...

Yes he may end up elsewhere but all I said is I think he will be back with us - so sorry I put in caveats.

Have a nice summer fellow bud.

2 hours ago, medals said:

Oh you are having fun. 🤣

Your likely's have at least as many IF's or buts as my claim and your league prediction is ridiculous - there is no chance we will win the league next season - there is a fair chance Kwon will be back.

Who else wants Kwon on loan then?

Stoke have been linked.

We're playing Cumnock on the 17th of July but reckon it'll be a fringe/youth team game with it being a week before the European game and the venue being the "St Mirren Complex".