The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

15 minutes ago, Munoz said:

With the depth in squad we now have, i wouldn't be surprised to see at least 2 or 3 changes to our starting lineup. 

Who do you think will drop out/start?

42 minutes ago, Buttocks Brown said:

CBM may also be available. Trained today according to SR.

Maybe not worth taking the risk with CBM tomorrow with so many important fixtures coming up thick and fast.

53 minutes ago, medals said:

Who do you think will drop out/start?

Will leave that up to the manager. 

He's got a juggling act for at least the next couple of weeks with Thursday/Sunday games to try and navigate. 

Would make sense to me to freshen up the team.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Possibilities could be Iacovitti for Taylor, Tanser for Brown, Smyth for Adrenian, Mandron for Ayunga etc.

Yes but - Tanser has no match fitness, so more likely he'll get 20 minutes at the end.

Adeniran looks a lot better than Smyth so far, so again late sub.

Lacovitti perhaps if Taylor is being saved for Thursday.

Jonah was fab on Thursday so I guess he'd be well miffed if he's dropped. Also giving M more recovery time too.

40 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Would make sense to me to freshen up the team.

It does in some ways but the juggle is if its not broken verses getting others match fit.

So opening league game, we want to start really well, so unless folk have knocks or strains it's more likely we'll make few changes. If we're comfortable we can switch player in late on.

Edited by medals

I expect changes tomorrow. The manager said he needed everyone to get game time and cannot push players at the moment as they will pick up injuries.  The good thing is we have great cover.

And for me Thu is more important.

We really bullied Valur and I think we won't be shy and deliver more of the same to Hibs . Potential changes , maybe Mandron for Olusanya with Olusanya coming on for the last 20 minutes.  Other than that I don't see many changes and Saints keeping it tight. 

Be interesting to see if Scott gets a run out. The chat was the classic "he needs a pre-season", be nice to see if that is the case.

3 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Anyone having problems trying to buy tickets online ? Anyone know how long seats will be held for season ticket holders for Thursday. 

It's open until 8pm Monday for season ticket holders then general sale.

Looks promising atmosphere wise in Bergen. They have sold 7000 the first 24 hours to season ticket holders (10 000 season tickets) and their 3000 capacity "supporter/singing stand") is more or less sold out.

Its going to be a sold out night as long as you dont beat them 4-0 in the 1st leg.

Brann play Strømsgodset away today and its a wide open game with all the injuries Brann got now. They lost 0-3 there last year.

Edited by RagaRocker

3 minutes ago, Marko van Haddock said:

No O’Hara today 😳 he was outstanding Thursday. 

Must have a knock as he was top notch on Thursday. 

So that's a forced change - in goes CBM

Tanser for Brown the only other change. Tanser must be fit, bar match time. Let's see how long he stays on.

On 03/08/2024 at 20:11, Munoz said:

jealous

adjective

feeling or showing an envious resentment of someone or their achievements, possessions, or perceived advantages.

You do realise my post was just a wee leg pull, don't you? No need to take things so seriously. 

Smyth and Smyth

Assisted by Scott and Scott

Who said they were worried we wouldn't score goals, lack width etc.

Who cares? Since our nil nil in Iceland it's looking great 

Edited by medals