The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

3 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I would doubt there will be 750 season ticket holders taking up their tickets so would imagine there will be a general sale after. 

I'd love to go to Brann but a combination of Iceland costing over 3 grand, schools starting back, lack of holidays and impending divorce if I go rules me out. 

I think anyone that wants a ticket for this will get one.

what happened after getting stuck in paris?

For the Valur home game, when I bought the tickets I was able to buy both mine and my brother in laws as both our season tickets are linked to my email address. 
Do folk think it will be the same for this one? 

ETA - to be clear I’m talking about the Brann away game tickets. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

3 hours ago, DumbartonBud said:

Possibly on the same flight as you from Düsseldorf, 

We are Newcastle to Dusselldorf on Wednesday. Then early flight to Bergen Thursday. Back to Newcastle via Warsaw on Friday. 
Just need to get accommodation and car parking booked now. 

Just a head's up. I was down in Newcastle just there. There are ongoing major roadworks on the road to Newcastle airport, so if you're driving down give yourself plenty of time. The metro line to the airport was abus replacement service yesterday, so might be worth checking that out too.

17 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

Cheers, driving was plan A will check that stuff out, got a pal that stays nearby so may head down the night before now. 

Think you should be O.K.

Work is at the weekend.

Sunday to Friday, between 8 pm and 6 am.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Just a head's up. I was down in Newcastle just there. There are ongoing major roadworks on the road to Newcastle airport, so if you're driving down give yourself plenty of time. The metro line to the airport was abus replacement service yesterday, so might be worth checking that out too.

Transport of all kinds is a clusterf**k in Tyneside at the moment. I'd probably allow and extra day or so to travel 😂

On 04/08/2024 at 19:02, geo87 said:

I’ve only seen us for the 3rd time this season, but can’t help but feel that we are allot stronger vs lab go last season, and that’s with Kiltie and McMenamin out.

Genuine competition all over the park, with Taylor a great example today of stepping up the completion that apparently has been brought in to replace him. 

interesting who, if anyone, we bring in now, still think we could do with a striker but having Mandron, Jonah, Olasanya and Scott to choose from isn’t the worst choice of forwards! Agree with the above Scott looked b sharp today and his two assists were really composed when many players would have panicked (probably including him last season) 

it was nice to see Scott provide those assists with aplomb, I freely admit, he is the one newcomer that I saw no potential in, to me he showed nothing, other than being too slow and too late, both mentally and physically, but that is why Mr Robinson is in charge and not I.................so it looks like well done again; gaffer.

On 04/08/2024 at 19:44, zildjian said:

Great start to the season. Didnt expect a win by that margin. I thought first half was so-so, maybe Hibs with the better chances imo. I think taking putting brown on for tanser stopped their movement down that side of the pitch. Could tell aderinan was tyring to not get sent off so kind of scuppered his game a wee bit when he got the yellow. 

Second half we were much much better. Our season is going to rely on subs, and to be fair to Smyth and Scott, cant argue with a double each goals/assists.

Rooney looking like a big upgrade on Strain imo.

Idawu - do we have an option to buy?!      if we do, we need to get the pennies out......................rapidly, his style reminds me of the way basher played, but he is quicker, I like him............a lot.

Just now, jaybeee said:

it was nice to see Scott provide those assists with aplomb, I freely admit, he is the one newcomer that I saw no potential in, to me he showed nothing, other than being too slow and too late, both mentally and physically, but that is why Mr Robinson is in charge and not I.................so it looks like well done again; gaffer.

I said from the start, January - May wasn't the time to judge him. He was horrendously unfit and short of yards.

His chasing of lost causes was constant yesterday and it was that chasing that got him into position for the second goal.

Players don't pull in £1.5m fees up here too often so that wasn't by mistake. There's definitely a player there and Robinson more than anyone knew that. I've been saying all pre-season that he's going to prove a lot of folk wrong this season.

8 hours ago, callum-g said:

I thought the thinking behind it is if the keeper just blasts the ball up from a kick out, the opposition basically have two banks of Defence / midfield to win the ball.  If they pass the ball about or play out from the back , the opposition midfield will creep forward and split from the defence leaving gaps.

I could be wrong , I often am ! 

yes...........me too

41 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I said from the start, January - May wasn't the time to judge him. He was horrendously unfit and short of yards.

His chasing of lost causes was constant yesterday and it was that chasing that got him into position for the second goal.

Players don't pull in £1.5m fees up here too often so that wasn't by mistake. There's definitely a player there and Robinson more than anyone knew that. I've been saying all pre-season that he's going to prove a lot of folk wrong this season.

Working hard, assists and being fit is truly great, but I hope he too hits the net with a good few goals as well.

He scored some crackers in the past and I was delighted he got one at the end of the season and also another in preseason - they all count -neither amazing, but strikers need goals.

Here's hoping 

⚽ 🥅 x8 +

Edited by medals

3 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Ahead of the ‘ST holders exclusivity period’ for Brann home tickets ending at 8pm tonight, has there been any announcement of how many North Stand tickets Brann supporters have been allocated, or how many Brann requested?

I think about 270-300 brannfans have sent a ticket request to the club. 

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I'm desperate to see us away in Europe. Are the club planning to return any of the 750 that go unsold rather than sell to saints fans who aren't season ticket holders? That seems strange. 

19 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I see the Romanian team are from Transylvania. I expect they’ll have bit of bite about them and they’ll probably just go for the jugular…….

Sorry 🤦‍♂️

Fangs for that.

19 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I see the Romanian team are from Transylvania. I expect they’ll have bit of bite about them and they’ll probably just go for the jugular…….

Sorry 🤦‍♂️

If we do get through we'll need to make sure we open the scoring.

I mean, we wouldn't want them to draw first blood.