The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Just now, ZingaliMan said:

Ticket in box , buy now. Fill in details now my 6th time. Click terms and conditions. Page locks can't pay for the ticket. Been on the laptop since 10am  All I want to do is pay for the ticket. 

The tickets are completely sold out now. That's probably why it won't progress.

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Right, this is going to be unpopular with the W7 boys but hear me out.

If we reach the group stage (and that's an IF as big as the letters in the Hollywood sign), then, since STs aren't valid, any away allocation (the club only needs to give 390-ish) could be placed in W7 and a very small section of W6 which would allow the whole of the North Stand for the home support. Those STHs displaced should still be able to buy a ticket before any general sale.

That would mean around 7000 seats available compared to the current 5400.

Our 3 available stands have more than 5400 seats surely.

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Right, this is going to be unpopular with the W7 boys but hear me out.

If we reach the group stage (and that's an IF as big as the letters in the Hollywood sign), then, since STs aren't valid, any away allocation (the club only needs to give 390-ish) could be placed in W7 and a very small section of W6 which would allow the whole of the North Stand for the home support. Those STHs displaced should still be able to buy a ticket before any general sale.

That would mean around 7000 seats available compared to the current 5400.

Im going to sound daft here, but how is that any different from giving them two sections of the North Stand? 

2 minutes ago, zildjian said:

Im going to sound daft here, but how is that any different from giving them two sections of the North Stand? 

Separate toilets and catering

ETA...just as BJK has stated.

Edited by Arch Stanton

6 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Fixed phew !  I'm in the main stand Mrs in the family stand at least she will get to the game.  Down loading the ticketing app now. 

Thank f**k for that👍😇

Life was easier when we were shite and treating League Cup group games as pre-season friendlies and posting ‘gie’s a signing’ every ten minutes.

I miss the old days. 🙃

15 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

That won't happen. Too high a policing risk to half a stand with 400 or 500 away fans. We knew Valur were bringing less than 50

Could someone enlighten us/me as to why there were so many polis at the Valur game when we knew they had so few fans, yet they were nowhere to be seen for the Hibs game? Was this Euro rules or due to the fan march? Seemed daft to me.

1 minute ago, Buttocks Brown said:

3 stands = 6304 tickets sold in quick time. Could have done with Love Street's capacity for this game.

With more time could we have moved it to Hampden? Boot out the blue cheek?

1 minute ago, Kempes said:

Could someone enlighten us/me as to why there were so many polis at the Valur game when we knew they had so few fans, yet they were nowhere to be seen for the Hibs game? Was this Euro rules or due to the fan march? Seemed daft to me.

I overheard someone suggesting that with this being a European game, and Fitzy entertaining the UEFA reps’, the last thing the club wanted was any possible smoke bomb / dodgy banner / pitch invasion nonsense… which would incur a fine, unwanted UEFA attention, and whatever. No idea if any of that is true. 

I thought the clientele of the main stand behaved themselves. 😁

The issue with the North Stand isn't so much segregating the fans once they are in, or the catering or toilets, it's that there is only a single turnstile for entry.

They got round that for Valur by hand scanning the visiting fans and letting them access the stand through the exit.

I guess it would depend on the numbers Brann are bringing whether they could do that this time but there will be a higher security profile for this game than the previous one.

Will be a shame to have 1200 or whatever empty seats in the stadium though when demand is so high.

4 minutes ago, Div said:

The issue with the North Stand isn't so much segregating the fans once they are in, or the catering or toilets, it's that there is only a single turnstile for entry.

They got round that for Valur by hand scanning the visiting fans and letting them access the stand through the exit.

I guess it would depend on the numbers Brann are bringing whether they could do that this time but there will be a higher security profile for this game than the previous one.

Will be a shame to have 1200 or whatever empty seats in the stadium though when demand is so high.

Maybe we should invest in another turnstile?

12 minutes ago, Div said:

What about the Main stand, or as suggested, the West? The West was successfully segregated for many years, as there is a gate across the back passageway (ooh err Kenneth Williams gif). For the Brann game, house the visiting fans in W7, and have the ‘singing section’ temporarily housed in the North. Not trying to upset the W7 guys at all, but as you say, it means an entire stand on Thursday might have 300 in it.