The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

46 minutes ago, RagaRocker said:

Todays Brann Europa shirt.

The ship is the pride of Bergen, Statsraad Lehmkuhl.

IMG_20240815_104133.jpg

I assume there’s good hot dogs to be had in Bergen then? Gets my vote. 👍

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

I assume there’s good hot dogs to be had in Bergen then? Gets my vote. 👍

The last time I was in Bergen 15 years ago got one after a night out from a vendor. It's was delicious and so it should be at £12 . Wonder how much it will be today. 

On 13/08/2024 at 17:00, Jacksgranda said:

It's a dilemma allright.

Worst case - it could break you.

Best case - you become established top 6, with regular europen football.

However, Hearts, ourselves and Hibs have proved how hard it is to become "established top 6" this last 10 years or so, never mind the 2 Dundee outfits.

f uck off you sensible cut n

20 minutes ago, medals said:

What are the odds we win two nil and they get a man sent off tonight?

We can but dream.

Can our players rise above expectations? 

Name your odds on that my friend. Given we got 6 booked, mostly for nothing much, and they got, what 1 or none, can't remember. If any reds are brandished it will be for us. We will need to take the standard of refereeing into account unfortunately.

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

The last time I was in Bergen 15 years ago got one after a night out from a vendor. It's was delicious and so it should be at £12 . Wonder how much it will be today. 

15 years ago and you can still remember the price of a hot dog. You can take the man out of Paisley.......

I'm taking deep breaths from my copium tank in hope that the Gogic thing is more Robinson playing mind games.

As for the Phillips rumour, do we have room for another midfielder or does that signal that Boyd-Munce is on the way out? With Idowu, Smith, Adeniran, O'Hara, Boyd-Munce and (Fraser) Taylor do we need more bodies in that midfield?

2 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Could it have been our famous staple Trekroneren? I think prices are 85 kr, about £6.18.

5eecf336-ec08-4e90-8019-7cf7bc81cad0.webp

2 minutes ago, brannfakkel said:

Could it have been our famous staple Trekroneren? I think prices are 85 kr, about £6.18.

5eecf336-ec08-4e90-8019-7cf7bc81cad0.webp

So about £6, not £12. Aye, he’s been found out… pished in Bergen fifteen years ago, staggers up to the van.. ‘Gie’s a Trekroneren… fcuk it, gie’s TWO Trekronerens’.

It all fits.

34 minutes ago, Ric said:

As for the Phillips rumour, do we have room for another midfielder or does that signal that Boyd-Munce is on the way out? With Idowu, Smith, Adeniran, O'Hara, Boyd-Munce and (Fraser) Taylor do we need more bodies in that midfield?

Robinson won't have liked the way we've been dominated/bypassed in the middle in our last couple of games. We weren't great first half Vs Hibs, either.

Smyth isn't quite there yet (despite Hibs goals), CBM has been hot and cold as well. I wonder if he's after an option to play a physically stronger midfield with new guy, O'Hara and Adeniran.

You could then play either Idowu or Scott off a striker (albeit that wasn't great on Sunday).

14 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Robinson won't have liked the way we've been dominated/bypassed in the middle in our last couple of games. We weren't great first half Vs Hibs, either.

Smyth isn't quite there yet (despite Hibs goals), CBM has been hot and cold as well. I wonder if he's after an option to play a physically stronger midfield with new guy, O'Hara and Adeniran.

You could then play either Idowu or Scott off a striker (albeit that wasn't great on Sunday).

Is there any chat around Kwon didn't/couldn't rejoin for another loan? It would seem like the ideal person considering his displays last season.

Money perhaps? Hibs are in a position where they are desperate, and Gray is known to be an admirer.

2 hours ago, saintbg said:

15 years ago and you can still remember the price of a hot dog. You can take the man out of Paisley.......

I can remember what I paid for my 1st pint in Newquay in 1974, 25p when it was 18p in my local on Paisley. Also 33p in London the following yr 😂