The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

Years since I have been to Ibrox, anyone know are Saints fans held back after the final whistle  ?  Have to get train and ferry so need to check times. 

Not been there in years, the only ground I won't visit. It's just not worth the aggro on the way in and out.

I would love Urminsky to step up, but I don't think it'll happen. He's been 2nd far too long, if he was genuinely a talent for the future you'd think he would have broken through and gotten more starts.  I also think Balcombe is a decent keeper but for whatever reason he seems to be suffering. His first appearances were really good (imo) but he's tailed off badly.

In terms of Robinson getting a new contract, absolutely no harm in it, if anything it gives us some needed cover considering his name is regularly touted with each new job that comes up.

3 minutes ago, Ric said:

I would love Urminsky to step up, but I don't think it'll happen. He's been 2nd far too long, if he was genuinely a talent for the future you'd think he would have broken through and gotten more starts.  

Didn’t the Brentford fans say pretty much this about Balcombe?

Just now, Doonhame Buddie said:

Didn’t the Brentford fans say pretty much this about Balcombe?

Perhaps.

Although you'd wager that trying to break into Brentford is a tougher gig than trying to break through with us, especially considering we "lost" Carson and Hemming was just a loan.

25 minutes ago, Div said:

Not been there in years, the only ground I won't visit. It's just not worth the aggro on the way in and out.

I just resent giving them - or Celtic - my money.

I suppose if I thought we could get a result there, I'd be more likely to go.

Ibrox is the worst away day in Scotland.

£28 to sit in a run down stadium, get spat at and shit thrown at you, stewards threaten to chuck you out if you stand at any point or celebrate a goal too much. You're not getting any decisions and wins are rare because refs bail them out so often.

It's not even worth going on the off chance you get a rare win now because Rangers are so shit that beating them doesn't feel like a big thing.

How is KVV looking so far? Has he had many starts/minutes and is his fitness looking ok?

I was desperate for the big man to do well for us I loved him at Motherwell but it just never happened. I know there was a lot of talk about an upper thigh/bum muscle problem with him but I always felt that was 50% true and 50% a nice excuse for why he wasn’t playing.