The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

Kyle Lafferty released by Rangers would or could we bring him in? Is he outwith our budget. 
Depends who else is in for him. You'd think he will have a few offers up here and down South. Done a decent for Hearts and would probably score 10+ goals for us.

Guy is an arsehole though. Not quite in the Novo category but high enough.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Depends who else is in for him. You'd think he will have a few offers up here and down South. Done a decent for Hearts and would probably score 10+ goals for us.

Guy is an arsehole though. Not quite in the Novo category but high enough.

There is a reason why Rangers are letting him go he is carrying some baggage.  

6 hours ago, Malky3 said:

No I don't think so. Sanfranco played 33 games last season. Osman Sow had injury problems and had failed a medical at Hearts before signing for United. Nicky Clark had a number of injury issues throughout the season, but as far as I am aware Sanfranco was fit. 

Sow was preferred by Neilson despite having been arrested in Sweden for fraud and money laundering in April and despite player pressure calling for Sow to be dropped. I think Neilson may have been showing loyalty to a player who had been with him at Hearts and MK Dons. 

He definitely was struggling with a virus over the 2 playoff games against us. Nielsen said so himself.

Good news lads, you’ve got the best looking suavest manager in the league. Goodwin looking resplendent in Perthshire this evening. So well done on that front.

6 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Am I right in remembering that we unveiled these four signings on the same day? If correct, we need not one, but two, days like that - over the next fortnight or so. Sheesh.

Edit: .... and why can’t we have a sponsor logo treated in this way, to look a damn sight better on B&W stripes than the SkyView rectangle patch slapped on?

Aye, I know, I’m a moan, fcuk it though, why not?

99341619-A688-4210-8542-4350B2B0D3F1.jpeg

I liked Haining, never really took to the other 3.

What I want is a day like the 2005 deadline day when we signed John Sutton and Charlie Adam. League winning transaction that was.

48 minutes ago, Widge said:

Good news lads, you’ve got the best looking suavest manager in the league. Goodwin looking resplendent in Perthshire this evening. So well done on that front.

He really is, tbf.

That said, Falkirk fans were always overly concerned about the 'sexiness' of their team and a fat load of good that's done them.

3 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Callum Booth released by United. Seemed a decent enough player and is a left back. Crap at penalties though.

Worth a punt?

He’s signed for a team in England.

Either way, he’s shite. Although, an upgrade on our current abyss at left back.

9 hours ago, aldo_j said:

He’s signed for a team in England.

Either way, he’s shite. Although, an upgrade on our current abyss at left back.

Teenager not a left back but expected to play there you could not make it up.  League football kicks of next week players with injury's a bench the other night full of teenagers. A shambolic situation to be in. 

Posted 45 mins ago on the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48491696?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/scotland&link_location=live-reporting-story

It requires a lot of scrolling down, so if anyone wants to save time, it looks like this....

Not us.

Not us.

Not us....

It’s us.

Outs.

Ins.... oh fcuk.

Loan ended, loan ended, loan ended, loan ended, loan ended, loan ended, loan ended, loan ended, loan ended, loan ended, loan ended, loan ended, loan ended, loan ended, loan ended, loan ended, loan ended, loan ended, loan ended, loan ended, loan ended, loan ended, loan ended.

Edited by pozbaird