The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

14 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

They want more than that.

The issue is his club want a lot more as they have to give 40% to Hadjik Split. 

6 months time he's free to sign a pre contract I believe.

I think generally we're a pretty decent bunch when players leave us and they almost always go with our thanks and best wishes.

However, IF (and I mean if) all the speculation about Carson is true, then as far as I'm concerned he can go f**k himself. What an absolute manchild.

1 hour ago, Div said:

Utd have signed another keeper so as far as I can see St.Johnstone is the only possible destination for Carson in Scotland.

IMG_6982.jpeg

Hearts lost Zander Clark to injury yesterday but no word on whether it was serious.

44 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I think generally we're a pretty decent bunch when players leave us and they almost always go with our thanks and best wishes.

However, IF (and I mean if) all the speculation about Carson is true, then as far as I'm concerned he can go f**k himself. What an absolute manchild.

I wonder if the speculation about why he’s fallen out with the manager, had an impact on the performance of the boy Urminsky in that last game of the season.

Was he aware of the situation with Carson throwing his toys out of the pram? Allegedly I might add. 

Did this in any way contribute to the lad having a very nervous 90 mins. 
You also have to factor in that Urminsky spent the entire season on the bench, so I reckon it was unfair to judge him in one game.

On 09/07/2023 at 10:52, djchapsticks said:

The big difference I feel is that the situation was out of club's hands. Alnwick was gone, Carson was the replacement.

I think if Carson was gone or injured, folk would be a bit more accepting of Hemming but unfortunately a lot of fans feel that we shouldn't really even be in the situation where he's needed at the club.

Your point is well made, but it would appear to me at least, that Carsons problems are self-inflicted, if I  am honest, he is coming across as a billy big baws, who is not getting his own way, and from what little I  have read and heard about our manager, he appears not to be someone who entertains that type of attitude.  Now if I am wrong; then apologies and some series slices of humble pie will need to be consumed, (not for the first time either) but signing another goalie like Hemming would indicate to me there is a problem and if Carson wanted it sorted...............it would be.

You pays your money, etc. etc. According to some folk, we should have been in the market for two keepers after the last game of the season. I would be okay with TC paying a fine, such as buying everyone in Paisley a new Saints top.

1 hour ago, Div said:

Utd have signed another keeper so as far as I can see St.Johnstone is the only possible destination for Carson in Scotland.

It doesn't matter where he goes so long as it's not to a rival. I don't care if the farmers are willing to put up a "king's ransom" in potatoes and red diesel, we must not take it. If it pisses Carson off, I don't care. Let him train with the youth for the remainder of his contract as far as I am concerned. If he wants to go to another league, and there is no way to patch things up, then I wish him well and thank him for his service, but we cannot strengthen our rivals.

Loaning/selling Carson to the farmers then settling for Hemming as our #1, reeks of us trying to emulate the United/Birighitti situation of last season.

24 minutes ago, Ric said:

It doesn't matter where he goes so long as it's not to a rival. I don't care if the farmers are willing to put up a "king's ransom" in potatoes and red diesel, we must not take it. If it pisses Carson off, I don't care. Let him train with the youth for the remainder of his contract as far as I am concerned. If he wants to go to another league, and there is no way to patch things up, then I wish him well and thank him for his service, but we cannot strengthen our rivals.

Loaning/selling Carson to the farmers then settling for Hemming as our #1, reeks of us trying to emulate the United/Birighitti situation of last season.

The problem of letting him train with the youth for the remainder of his contract is that it would easily cost us best part of £150K.

If he’s not going to play for whatever reason then we need to shift him and replace him, preferably with Vaclav.

21 minutes ago, Div said:

The problem of letting him train with the youth for the remainder of his contract is that it would easily cost us best part of £150K.

If he’s not going to play for whatever reason then we need to shift him and replace him, preferably with Vaclav.

Agreed, Dundee Utd. would have been fine with me as they're not in our Division this season. Outside of our Division I'd be happy to see him go for free.

The real point though is at what stage does the Carson impasse become a breach of contract?

Edited by btb

4 minutes ago, btb said:

Agreed, Dundee Utd. would have been fine with me as they're not in our Division this season.

The real point though is at what stage does Carson's strop become a breach of contract?

He must be that all ready.

7 minutes ago, btb said:

Agreed, Dundee Utd. would have been fine with me as they're not in our Division this season. Outside of our Division I'd be happy to see him go for free.

The real point though is at what stage does the Carson impasse become a breach of contract?

That probably depends on whether he's staying away of his own volition or has been told to stay away until he apologises (or until the situation is sorted one way or another).

21 minutes ago, btb said:

If it’s Robinson telling him to stay away then he’s not breaching his contract

All the talk about the club holding all the cards and us wanting a transfer fee are for the birds

Carson is nearing the end of his football career, he’s got a guaranteed £150k over the next 2 years, it’s him holding all the cards.

IMO, if we want him off the books then we’ll let him go for for free to anyone who’ll have him

Indeed, I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t end up giving him a pay off in a mutual consenting! 

Edited by Captain_Sensible

12 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

If it’s Robinson telling him to stay away then he’s not breaching his contract

All the talk about the club holding all the cards and us wanting a transfer fee are for the birds

Carson is nearing the end of his football career, he’s got a guaranteed £150k over the next 2 years, it’s him holding all the cards.

IMO, if we want him off the books then we’ll let him go for for free to anyone who’ll have him

Indeed, I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t end up giving him a pay off in a mutual consenting! 

Don’t agree with that mate. Carson shows no sign of being at the end of his career. Keepers play until they’re about 40 these days. 

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Don’t agree with that mate. Carson shows no sign of being at the end of his career. Keepers play until they’re about 40 these days. 

You’re possibly right but the rest of my post is true.

If we want him off the books and want to free up his wages to sign someone else then we’ll either need to let him go to whoever wants him or give him a pay off IMO!