The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

21 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

anyone know if the big lad who used to do the match day announcer still goes to the games?haven’t seen him since he hung his microphone up.

I heard at the game yesterday that Campbell has been unwell again !

4 minutes ago, GAD said:

I thought Taylor was really excellent again today and has absolutely nailed down that LCB starting slot. I'd love to know what led him to be playing in the second division in Ireland when we picked him up because he looks miles above that standard. Another fantastic signing from Robbo.

I think we saw in first couple of months plenty of ability but a mental rashness to his game that he could probably get away with at a lower level. That has seemingly been coached out of him though and what we have now is a player who looks composed, is strong in the tackle and has an absolute pinger of a left boot on him. 

He also appears to be an absolutely massive character and influence in the dressing room. Front and centre of everything that goes on with club media. Glad hes with us for two more years.

8 minutes ago, Div said:

Can’t see anything wrong with the Dunne challenge. Clearly got the ball.

McGinn’s looks far worse!

https://x.com/bawarmy/status/1693179669204353383?s=46&t=28P4PlJZyybstIHzCz6h5g

McGinns looks way worse - then he seems to say something to our player that’s down.

Obviously the runt of the McGinn litter

17 minutes ago, Div said:

https://x.com/bawarmy/status/1693179669204353383?s=46&t=28P4PlJZyybstIHzCz6h5g

It's not the best view to be fair. Certainly looks like he got the ball but might have a bit too much force and may have been two footed, though hard to tell, so possibly in the margins. What's not hard to tell is that the McGinn one is a clear red card.

37 minutes ago, Div said:

I thought at the time it was a good, strong challenge. I appreciate players flying into tackles are running the risk of a card, so yellow card - fair enough. Admittedly the video there is from a fair distance so I can't say, unequivocally, that is should or shouldn't be a red card.

I'll give Collum some credit here. He could've sent off two players in the dying minutes of a cup game, for what end? Book the two of them, and get on with the game.

I thought at the time yesterday that Dunne's challenge wasn't a bad one. Wins the ball but maybe slips a little just at contact which maybe made it look like it was 2 footed. A yellow at worst. 

Sour grapes from Kettlewell given that his team had just been given a lesson for the majority of the game.

46 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

McGinns looks way worse - then he seems to say something to our player that’s down.

Obviously the runt of the McGinn litter

It looks like he's apologising and/or seeing if Strain is alright. He puts his hand out, then after the booking goes back and squats down beside Strain.

He knows it was a poor tackle. It's difficult to see just how bad it was from that angle. Can't see if it is high or studs showing. 

Edited by houston_bud