The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

11 minutes ago, welldaft said:

The funny thing is that had one of our defenders done the same to Ryan Strain you guys would react NO differently. 100% certain of that. And instead of defending our player I would have had every bit of sympathy with St Mirren.  But I guess that is where we differ. 

McGinn tried to “do” Ryan Strain. His tackle looked a shocker. Dunne’s was at speed.

McGinn’s seemed to be over the ball and was a worse challenge. 

26 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Now you are just making things up.  I did say I would be quite happy when your team comes a cropper.  But will not gloat on your thread.  As tempting as that may be..

We are angry because we have just lost our great white hope.  We have next to no money and a threadbare squad as it is. 

The funny thing is that had one of our defenders done the same to Ryan Strain you guys would react NO differently. 100% certain of that. And instead of defending our player I would have had every bit of sympathy with St Mirren.  But I guess that is where we differ. 

Boo fucking hoo

Jonah Ayunga was injured after a challenge from a Motherwell player last season that put him out for the rest of the season

These things happen

And it’s a bit rich to complain about your club having no money when they fucked over so many local businesses in the past and didn’t pay their bills 😡

36 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Not sure what’s happened, but his career has dropped off the last couple of years. Don’t think he was getting much of a look in at Cove, although could be wrong.

Naismith was woeful for us sadly. His lack of pace is astounding, can barely jog nowadays. There won't be many in the whole SPFL that are slower than him. A real fall from grace and it was inevitable he would need to drop down the leagues even at a tender age of 29.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Pity. He's still a decent option at our level. Maybe Burgh have a Sugar Daddy with deep pockets but I would have thought that Jason could still be a decent backup signing for us, someone we could easily have afforded to tempt back to rejoin us rather than dropping down to non league level. 

Assume youre related to him?

Hes been nowhere near top flight level for a few years now, and last i saw of him looked completely done as a full time footballer.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Assume youre related to him?

Hes been nowhere near top flight level for a few years now, and last i saw of him looked completely done as a full time footballer.

No, I'm not related to Jason.

Thanks for your input, vlearly you have followed Jason's recent career more obsessively than I have. I remembered him as a highly competent player with us, and he appeared (IMO) to have been more than decent quite recently up in Dingwall.

If his form / fitness has indeed dipped as significantly as have recognised then he has maybe reached his level at Johnstone Burgh. Next stop St Johnstone ?? 😛

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I remembered him as a highly competent player with us, and he appeared (IMO) to have been more than decent quite recently up in Dingwall.

That was over 2yrs ago.

I always liked him, but i dont think he ever recovered from fucking his knee at Hibs and it just took one Summer of no training to see him lose his physicality (pace and agility). Seems to get worse every Summer too.

12 minutes ago, Mac28 said:

Nothing of malicious intent and could just as easily left Dunne with an injury. 

Football is a contact sport, some times players get injured.

Gone are the days when Gregor Stevens deliberately put players out of action and often got away with it.

Reading through that Motherwell thread is fucken hilarious, to a man they are a bunch of old firm type entitled gimps.

The child like seethe about a tackle on the boy who unfortunately got injured is absolutely mental.

What a shower of precious wee fuds. 

4 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

Just pop into the Well thread  😂

F knows what it will be like if we beat them again on the 16th Sep  😂

Almost as if they’ve turned against us because of one solid defensive tackle. As it happens, I’m kind of pleased Paul McGinn wasn’t sent off for his blatant assault on Ryan Strain.  He’s still a Buddie. 

If their buffoon of a manager hadn't inflamed the situation as a result of his meltdown after the game, then there might not have been such a reaction. Maybe a more measured approach would have been more appropriate. However, sometimes emotions are difficult to hold back in the immediate aftermath of a game that you lost and didn't play particularly well in. 

I can fully understand the upset at one of their potentially decent players getting crocked for a three month period, albeit as a result of a completely accidental collision.

It's not nice to see players getting injured at any time.

The rest of the stuff simply stems from not being able to cope with getting the post match piss ripped out of them. WTF were they expecting? A consoling cuddle?

As others have said - it would seem that they're great at dishing out the snide comments, which given our position prior to last season they were quite entitled to do, but not so good when the tables are turned.