The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

17 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I believe it’s still down to the fact that the referee can still control exactly when he blows the final whistle. 

Although the additional time may be given as 6mins the ref can play longer if he believes it warrants it. Perhaps a goal or an injury takes place in additional time.

Yeah, I guess that's right. Still seems odd to me, the announcement always says 'a minimum of X minutes added on'. And it's not as if supporters don't have watches that they can check.

22 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Yeah, I guess that's right. Still seems odd to me, the announcement always says 'a minimum of X minutes added on'. And it's not as if supporters don't have watches that they can check.

But you are allowed the added time to be displayed on TV broadcasts, seems total nonsense.

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

That's not allowed.

Never knew that. Load of old shite if you ask me. The announcer always says ‘the fourth official has indicated a minimum of X minutes added time, X minutes’. Every single game. Surely if the referee has two watches on his wrists, all we’re asking is for the stadium clock to indicate where we are in the process of the added time. We’re not asking him to abide by anything other than his own watches. Am I missing something bleedin’ obvious? It’s not as if the stadium announcer says ‘a minimum of five minutes added time, five minutes’… then if the scoreboard ticks past five minutes, the referee is administered an electric shock to his haw-maws. Although, as an innovative addition to modern fitba’ technology, gets my vote.

3 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Allocation sold out for tonight, no tickets left at ticket office

Scandalous. (Joking - see below)

8 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I'm beginning to think opposing fans are right and there's literally nothing too insignificant for St. Mirren fans to moan about. 🤣

Yup. See above. 😂 

12 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I'm beginning to think opposing fans are right and there's literally nothing too insignificant for St. Mirren fans to moan about. 🤣

Correct. As it should be. Tradition needs to be kept up. 😀

Mind you, where are the complaints about the team, signings, results, management, the new strips, or the job Lasley is doing? Just added this for balance. 😎

39 minutes ago, Doakes said:

All 1,300 of us can moan about the weather/referee/the goal that woulda counted if VAR was switched on

No VAR tonight?

Given what’s happened so far this season I we should be happy about this.

Having said that Hibs now bound to score despite being 5 yards offside.

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

No VAR tonight?

Given what’s happened so far this season I we should be happy about this.

Having said that Hibs now bound to score despite being 5 yards offside.

Munro was the ref who turned down our valid claims for a pen at Tynecastle  last season in a 1-0 defeat , even with VAR !

Crap weather and the bubble burst. What happened after 1/2 time?

Poor marking for their 2nd, we get back in it and again argĥhhh.

4 of the top 5 in the semi's

Need to get over this and get a good result at the weekend.  Killie also had midweek disappointment.