The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Robinson dragged out of the crowd by Gogic at the end. Someone must have said something out of order as he was fully trying to get into the crowd after somebody.

That wasn’t the video I saw.

Where did you see him trying to get into the crowd? 

ETA - I did just realise that you were probably at the game and had a better view of the whole incident.

Edited by Sortmeout

6 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

That wasn’t the video I saw.

Where did you see him trying to get into the crowd? 

ETA - I did just realise that you were probably at the game and had a better view of the whole incident.

I was other side of the stand and from the angle I was at, I could see Gogic hauling him back. He looked a lot closer to the crowd from my angle to be fair and it did look like he was pulled our of a fracas but that wasn't the case as I see.

From about 20 seconds in the video below was what I saw it from at the game. Very animated. 

The boy absolutely shites himself though, didn't enjoy having such one on one time with Robinson after apparently offering up a very vocal opinion on 'lack of heart'.

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I was other side of the stand and from the angle I was at, I could see Gogic hauling him back. He looked a lot closer to the crowd from my angle to be fair and it did look like he was pulled our of a fracas but that wasn't the case as I see.

From about 20 seconds in the video below was what I saw it from at the game. Very animated. 

The boy absolutely shites himself though, didn't enjoy having such one on one time with Robinson after apparently offering up a very vocal opinion on 'lack of heart'.

We all get that feeling at the football when things aren’t going well that the players and/or manager don’t care as much as we do when the truth is a high percentage of them will care just as much if not more as it affects their livelihood.

Fair play to Robinson if you ask me. 

Edited by Sortmeout

It's this type of fan behaviour that we can do without. Best manager in years yet its still not good enough for some. We have lost when we should have won. Hopefully we will take our chances next week. 

12 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

We all get that feeling at the football when things aren’t going well that the players and/or manager don’t care as much as we do when the truth is a high percentage of them will care just as much if not more as it affects their livelihood.

Fair play to Robinson if you ask me. 

The thing is, and the highlights will attest...we didn't actually play poorly. Livi had two clear cut chances, one of which they scored and the other that was a sclaffed pass from Hemming who was in a hurry to move things on.

We just had one of those days where it didn't matter what we threw towards goal, we just weren't destined to score. If it had finished 3 or 4-1 there wouldn't have been many in the ground who didn't think we were good for the goals. A missed penalty, a rounded keeper then chance headed off the line and two absolute sitters somehow prodded wide at the far post. I understand frustration and anger, I was scunnered like everyone else at FT but having a go at a team who have been playing well but badly misfired today doesn't fix anything. There is no adjustment in the team's application or attitude required which is why its a strange thing for the guy to round on.

2 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Was that a Jack Ross moment ? I left with 10 minutes to go guy behind me constantly swearing at the top of his voice, don't think he has much time for Elvis ( the player ) who was getting it left right and centre. It reminds me when we moved to Greenhill Road why I  choose the main stand for my season ticket getting too old to listen to players getting abuse. 

The main stand is every bit as bad if not worse than where my ST seat is in the West. Sat in the main stand for a few non ST games and was pretty taken aback at some of the abuse dishes out. The cup tie last year v Dubdee being a particular low light.

58 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I had to move at HT, some old guy directly behind me who did nothing but abuse players from 30 seconds in. He was almost giddy at the goal for having been proven correct.

I had to shift as I was on verge of having words.

I get fans  frustrations and criticism. But a constant barrage at one of our own players ?  If the player hears that kind of shit it can knock confidence. Maybe I'm wrong but that's the way I see it no matter the age which really should not come into it. 

Huge game next week and an immediate chance to gain back some of this weeks losses with Hibs, Dundee, Killie and Aberdeen  all playing each other. It's pretty much getting to the must win territory with only 6 games to go after next Saturday.

4 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

The main stand is every bit as bad if not worse than where my ST seat is in the West. Sat in the main stand for a few non ST games and was pretty taken aback at some of the abuse dishes out. The cup tie last year v Dubdee being a particular low light.

Mate I'm sure there are twats in all stands. Where my seat is completely sound or I would moved again  have had the same seat from day one . Please don't think I'm accusing the majority absolutely not.  I have met many  great fellow fans who I regard some of the best people I have ever met but come on each one of us heard it when you think. Aye ok turn it down. 

Robinson will probably feel sheepish about the altercation tonight, but it makes me like him even more. Totally authentic and, in any walk of life, if your boss stands up for you like that then you'll want to run through a brick wall for them. That sets us up well for the run in.

I love having him as our manager!

1 minute ago, Buttocks Brown said:

Robinson will probably feel sheepish about the altercation tonight, but it makes me like him even more. Totally authentic and, in any walk of life, if your boss stands up for you like that then you'll want to run through a brick wall for them. That sets us up well for the run in.

I love having him as our manager!

We are so lucky to have such a great manager you can see the players buy into him and special mention to the back room staff. We all have ambition of Europe but if we make the top six for the ( SECOND ) year wow !. Makes for a healthy budget, healthy budget means challenging for Europe again. Well hopefully : - ) 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

The one thing that you absolutely cannot level at this side is lack of heart. Today was disappointing, possibly lacked a bit of quality and guile up front and missed loads of chances, but everyone always gives 100%. 

25 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Huge game next week and an immediate chance to gain back some of this weeks losses with Hibs, Dundee, Killie and Aberdeen  all playing each other. It's pretty much getting to the must win territory with only 6 games to go after next Saturday.

I think we're maybe only 2 wins away from virtually guaranteeing top 6 - if we do that it would mean either aberdeen or hibs needing to get at least 14 points from 8 games which will be tough. If our ambitions are higher, which they should be, we need to try and get an advantage on (probably) Killie and Dundee going into the post six games.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Regardless of how angry Robbo was, he did what he was telt by Goga 💪🏼😛

He certainly lost his cool. Wonder what the guy said, although I'm guessing it was constant, rather than just one remark he reacted to.

Yesterday was a poor result, but on another day we take something, so I'm not going to get too excited that we lost.

Aberdeen and Hibs don't look like going on a run any time soon, so I'm pretty confident that we'll make top 6. Fair play to Kilmarnock though, they're certainly in the driving seat for 4th spot.

1 hour ago, Torfason said:

Regardless of how angry Robbo was, he did what he was telt by Goga 💪🏼😛

Gogic has probably saved him from a fine or ban, the red mist had decended.

7 hours ago, Doonhame Buddie said:

Two games in a row Brown has come on for Bwomono. Both times Elvis was doing fine, not sure I understand the logic of that. 

I thought Elvis was poor in second half yesterday personally.

6 hours ago, houston_bud said:

He certainly lost his cool. Wonder what the guy said, although I'm guessing it was constant, rather than just one remark he reacted to.

This maybe a hint?