The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Reminds me of that chewin the fat sketch where the trainer (ford keirnan) copied everything that the manager did!

Or if you old enough Graham Taylor and Phil Neale as the England management team.

We looked set for a 4-2-3-1, but we don't really have a striker who can lead the line on his own, and one of our better midfielders is out, so it looks like a 4-4-2 is on the cards.
As things stand:
------------Samson
Irvine - Baird - Mckenzie - Stelios
Smith - McShane - McGinn - Morgan
-------------Sutton - Reilly

If everyone was fit and we signed a new striker:
------------Samson
Irvine - Davis - McKenzie - Eckersley
------McShane - McGinn
Magennis - Smith - Morgan
-------------Striker-------------

I am apprehensive about tomorrow however looking at the first team you have posted I have a bit more confidence.

13 minutes ago, kanyewestbank said:

Absolutely brilliant today,guts,determination and a total commitment to the cause.Sutton,Reilly,Stelios i could go on,lesser teams could have folded

after the rocky start.,Early days i know but it seems the 2017/18 vintage is made of sterner stuff .Well done and thank you for a fantastic afternoon

More faces than the Paisley town hall clock.

8 hours ago, kanyewestbank said:

Nope,but big enough to admit when the team deserves credit

There's a reason our supporters always say 'Keep the Faith'. 

Obviously lost on you after some of the rhetoric from the last few weeks. Can you now please drop the doom and gloom pish? 

Add in Jim Dick, Ken Eadie and (puts tin hat on) Jim Goodwin!
Out of interest are there any ton players that St.mirren fans have had a real dislike for recently? Don't think we've had a c**t in the Goodwin mould. 

Currently Quitongo has the potential to be hated.

Getting a right chance to watch Stelios go about his business yesterday and if he was an opposition player we would detest him. 

He's always in opponents ears, loves getting right close and handy with his marker and he's always up to something to gain that wee edge...  you can sometimes see other players getting agitated at him, even Loy did yesterday at one point. He's an absolute nightmare to be marking or to have marking you. 

I can fully get why other teams fans are going to hate the guy as he's always up to something. For our part though, he's got the nasty streak that we have been lacking for a few years and I'm delighted he plays for us rather that anyone else in this league as he'd be near the top of the list of guys we love to hate. 

Edited by djchapsticks

13 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Getting a right chance to watch Stelios go about his business yesterday and if he was an opposition player we would detest him. 

He's always in opponents ears, loves getting right close and handy with his marker and he's always up to something to gain that wee edge...  you can sometimes see other players getting agitated at him, even Loy did yesterday at one point. He's an absolute nightmare to be marking or to have marking you. 

I can fully get why other teams fans are going to hate the guy as he's always up to something. For our part though, he's got the nasty streak that we have been lacking for a few years and I'm delighted he plays for us rather that anyone else in this league as he'd be near the top of the list of guys we love to hate. 

I agree, I think he's very sneaky.