The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

5 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Henderson and Jamieson have knocked back their contract offers according to Robinson.

I personally don’t think they are in the managers plans moving forward. The offers were probably to protect the development fee.

26 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I personally don’t think they are in the managers plans moving forward. The offers were probably to protect the development fee.

Good business by the club. Protects our investment. Both players would not feature going forward. 

Henderson definitely has something to offer and will be a shame if he goes. Not fitted our system at all this year which is unfortunate for all parties and I can understand him fancying a move for game time.

Jamieson has shown very little any time I have seen him get game time and he moves on with my blessing.

32 minutes ago, scam75 said:

Henderson definitely has something to offer and will be a shame if he goes. Not fitted our system at all this year which is unfortunate for all parties and I can understand him fancying a move for game time.

Jamieson has shown very little any time I have seen him get game time and he moves on with my blessing.

If the club wanted Henderson he would have got a bigger salary than what can be earned in the championship same as Jamieson. Both will end up in the championship while Saints devolpment fee is protected. 

Henderson, there's definitely something there. However as a club we only have to offer him the same terms that he's currently on in order to protect our development fee. I'd imagine that if we aren't arsed either way about keeping him, we'll definitely have done that and retain the rights to a development fee that might be well into six figures.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Henderson, there's definitely something there. However as a club we only have to offer him the same terms that he's currently on in order to protect our development fee. I'd imagine that if we aren't arsed either way about keeping him, we'll definitely have done that and retain the rights to a development fee that might be well into six figures.

£1000.00 is that 6 figures?

Funny the breadth of opinions on him. Over the years it's been the same for others like MacPherson, Baird etc.

He's certainly not good enough for us right now. Whether he develops into a better player, time will tell. 

Who can afford him? Can ICT? Will they pay?

Space for someone better for next season.

46 minutes ago, medals said:

Funny the breadth of opinions on him. Over the years it's been the same for others like MacPherson, Baird etc.

He's certainly not good enough for us right now. Whether he develops into a better player, time will tell. 

He is still raw.

I remember Ross Stewart taking an absolute power from folk and a small handful of us saying that he was very raw but there was definitely something there. I also remember thinking that Stubbs would loan him out because he wasn't ready for Premiership football - at the start of that season, it's debatable whether he was even championship level though he proved by middle to end of that season he was. But then Stubbs went and actually sold him instead.

Jay is in that mould just now that he's definitely good enough for the championship but might not yet be top league ready. Shame as he's definitely of a higher calibre than Baird or MacPherson on my opinion.

7 hours ago, medals said:

I like him and think he could do a job at this level, in the right formation. I could see a promoted club taking a punt.  Dundee, QOS or ICT.

I reckon we'd waive the dev fee for 10k and a sell-on clause.

16 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I like him and think he could do a job at this level, in the right formation. I could see a promoted club taking a punt.  Dundee, QOS or ICT.

I reckon we'd waive the dev fee for 10k and a sell-on clause.

I was thinking along similar lines , but with a relegated club or a promoted making the offer . Either way I think Henderson would benefit hugely from another season in the championship. 

Edited by MenstrieSaint
Spelling

5 hours ago, madmitch said:

Just watched this. What an amazing effort. It looks immense. Much better than the plain breeze block. Well done to all that took part. 

Totally agree. I sit in the main stand and although I’d heard about it, I had no idea how much work had been done. It all looks amazing and along with the W7 guys has really improved the experience on match days. Well done to everyone involved and who knows, I might even join in with the singing 👍

1 hour ago, RiG said:

I would love Henderson at ICT but there is zero chance we can afford to pay anything for him so that rules us out. 

So if you got promoted, who will be kept and how many new free signings you going to need.

Best of luck today.

13 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Hmmm. Cannae help but feel like all of this is a bit previous and it’s giving me the fear. 😬

Jesus, apparently Danny Lennon is being interviewed on the pitch before kick off as well. I'm getting cup semi-final vibes...