The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

9 hours ago, DumbartonBud said:

Controversial but maybe that is the way the kibble works…….. get you to buy but not tell you the cost. 
Ralston anyone?

Hopefully we will get full details tomorrow. 

Please don't infest this site with tinfoil hat anti kibble pish.

Drove past the stadium this morning. Those Kibble boys don’t hang about. The monorail station at the 1877 Club is complete already. Work continues at the other end of the main stand to complete the station there. Will cut hours off the journey from one end of the stand to the other. Up the Kibble. (This post is brought to you by ClumsyJoke Inc.)

D61574AD-1F07-453B-B117-9ECF8FD1E551.jpeg

21 hours ago, Buttocks Brown said:

I think the plights of 2 teams who qualified for Europe last season (Motherwell & Dundee Utd) should act as cautionary tales for us. It doesn't take much for everything to unravel.

For most teams that hover around top 6, the key issue is how you rebuild each season. You can't keep your players as the best move on and managers can do the same. 

Robinson signed well last season to replace some big players going, and will have to do the same this season. 

Still a big ask to win up at Pitoddrie again but I have a sneaking suspicion with the fixtures as they are, a win at Aberdeen might, just might be enough to see us leap Hibs as I can easily see them losing both remaining games. Got to go up there all guns blazing as they are bound to be feeling the pressure after Saturday. 

£35 for an U12 in West stand is just superb value.

My stepdaughter's wee girl is desperate for a ticket next season again after her first season going to games. Poor deluded bugger thinks it's always as good as losing only 3 games at home all season. :lol:

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

My stepdaughter's wee girl is desperate for a ticket next season again after her first season going to games. Poor deluded bugger thinks it's always as good as losing only 3 games at home all season. :lol:

Just renewed our Season Tickets and the message thanked us for buying our Season Tickets for 20/21 season..........i think if you could just nominate what Season you wanted to buy your tickets for I'd either choose this season or 76/77 season all over again.

17 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

All U12s should be free in Scottish football, IMO.

The most important take from the ST email...

Please note for all season ticket holders in the Tony Fitzpatrick Family Stand, your ticket now includes ALL Scottish Premiership home fixtures, and prices are reflective of this. 

The two cheeks getting just the one stand next season.

42 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We tried that a good few years ago now, giving a free child's season ticket with any adult one bought. The problem was that people took up the offer but that lots of kids ended up not going regularly (if at all) and a fair number of these seats sat empty. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

There should always be a nominal cost attached to a ticket

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

We tried that a good few years ago now, giving a free child's season ticket with any adult one bought. The problem was that people took up the offer but that lots of kids ended up not going regularly (if at all) and a fair number of these seats sat empty. 

For this exact reason. I don't think it's a good look to offer up every season ticket holder the option to hold a second season ticket for nothing on the off chance it may get used twice a season and sit empty for the others.

I paid £15 for the half child ST at Xmas and it was a tremendous purchase. She used it something like 7 of the 9 home games. 

I don't think you really can say fairer than less than 2 quid per home game. It's small enough to be affordable to everyone who has children who want to go regularly but priced just high enough that not many folk who'd have taken the freebie 'just in case' will part with £35 to do so.

Edited by djchapsticks

Weird ticketing. 

Both my ticket and the kid's ticket are associated with my email address. When I go to sign in, I can select her seat to renew but not my own.

End up just doing what I do every year, go down to the ground and renew it face to face.

13 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Weird ticketing. 

Both my ticket and the kid's ticket are associated with my email address. When I go to sign in, I can select her seat to renew but not my own.

End up just doing what I do every year, go down to the ground and renew it face to face.

All sorted, nice an clean from the ticketing team.

Because I bought the half ticket at Xmas, their system doesn't recognise bot tickets as the same purchase. All tied up and renewed now though!

29 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Watching a bit of the SMISA Q&A video. It's absolutely toe-curling stuff.

Alan Doak standing up screaming “I AM THE SOURCE” when Wardrop is on about the emails with the Council has to be my favourite part.