The European football level St. Mirren FC 2024/25 thread

14 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Robbo should never have publically said anything about the ‘mystery striker’ in the way he initially did. Speculation amongst supporters was stoked purely on what he said. If the deal falls through, that’s not Robbo’s fault, but what is his fault is creating some sort of hope that a deal was happening that would be something of a coup for St Mirren.

Spot on. I'm sure deals must get quite far down the line all the time only to collapse.  The fans don't know about them so there's nothing for us to get upset about.

When the manager comes out and starts waxing away about this "exciting talent" that we've been "chasing for ages" then of course everyone gets excited.

Three weeks on we get told it's probably a dead duck.

That said, I don't really believe anything Robbo tells the media now. I fully expect the new striker and scarf shot later this afternoon 🤣

2 minutes ago, Div said:

Spot on. I'm sure deals must get quite far down the line all the time only to collapse.  The fans don't know about them so there's nothing for us to get upset about.

When the manager comes out and starts waxing away about this "exciting talent" that we've been "chasing for ages" then of course everyone gets excited.

Three weeks on we get told it's probably a dead duck.

That said, I don't really believe anything Robbo tells the media now. I fully expect the new striker and scarf shot later this afternoon 🤣

If the scarf and SMFC seats shot happens, then what if we are not excited at all by who is holding the scarf aloft?

Fcuking boooooo! 😛

34 minutes ago, Buddie Holly said:

mcavennie missed that penalty deliberately 

Macca likes to spin a yarn.

His story about missing that penalty deliberately is full of holes about Celtic having already won the league and saving us from relegation, when the league still had four months to run at the time.

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

Why bother?

It won't achieve anything.

The only time I've booed an ex-player simply for jumping ship was Junior Mendes when he left for Dunfermline. To be fair they guy was broken after about 20 minutes as "mass booing" occurred every time he got the ball. He was that badly affected that he had to be subbed at HT.:lol:

Yeah I booed Junior. I couldn't believe he left us when he did. 

Booed Alex Bone as well, both when he was playing for us or against us. 

1 hour ago, Captain_Sensible said:

I remember McAvennie missing a penalty for Celtic at love street and the saints fans were giving it “McAvennie’s still a saint “ and “macca, macca, give us a wave”

he never did give a wave though 😆

Campbell Money scored an OG (around the 6:20 mark) and yet it was one of his finest games for the Buddies. Kenny McDowall's goal (~12:25) was an outstanding move and volley and Macca's penalty is at 18:55.

14 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Campbell Money scored an OG (around the 6:20 mark) and yet it was one of his finest games for the Buddies. Kenny McDowall's goal (~12:25) was an outstanding move and volley and Macca's penalty is at 18:55.

Can you imagine the vilification on here if Zach Hemming were to throw one in his own net like Campbell Money did there?

I think VAR would have given Celtic’s first penalty claim just before they one they did get 😂

Good to see Paul “nobody wanted him / missed a penalty” McStay getting booked for moaning about it though 😂

Some quality of players on view there, Ian Ferguson looks outstanding, Lambert, Cameron, McWhirter, even McDowall and Brian Hamilton, all class 

56 minutes ago, Silvio said:

Yeah I booed Junior. I couldn't believe he left us when he did. 

Booed Alex Bone as well, both when he was playing for us or against us. 

I cannae remember though did Paul Fenwick get it as tight as he should have for leaving us and signing for Morton?

2 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

So sometimes it can achieve something 😀

Sometimes, but I can guarantee it won't affect Carson in any way whatsoever, other than giving him a good laugh at grown men and women foaming at the mouth.

Judas was a special case.:)

Edited by FTOF

1 hour ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Can you imagine the vilification on here if Zach Hemming were to throw one in his own net like Campbell Money did there?

I think VAR would have given Celtic’s first penalty claim just before they one they did get 😂

Good to see Paul “nobody wanted him / missed a penalty” McStay getting booked for moaning about it though 😂

Some quality of players on view there, Ian Ferguson looks outstanding, Lambert, Cameron, McWhirter, even McDowall and Brian Hamilton, all class 

That mistake by Campbell Money was made in horrendous weather conditions. He threw in a few towards the tail end of his career, but up until then his mistakes were a rarity, to say the least. Not to mention his ridiculous record of saving penalties. You used to expect a penalty save, which is a feeling I've never had with any other keeper.