The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

I Don't think its got anything to do with the budget I in all honesty think that anyone we have been interested in have looked at how bad we have been have said f**k that and went else where.

Edited by elvis

1 minute ago, Buddist Monk said:

What if they are the "rational anchor" that keeps us dreamers from getting carried away.. ;)

If you find yourself moaning to that level about your club given the level we operate, then he perhaps needs to find something else to occupy his time.

Looks like we also need another goalie in addition to our recruitment woes. Rodgers is injured for a considerable amount of time according to Stubbs. 

Add to the fact we won't be able to cast Eckersley or Mackenzie off because they both need achillies operations. 

We're still about 4 players away. 

10 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Probably worthwhile sending Rogers back to Aberdeen and bringing in another keeper. Would have thought we would have seen more movement this week. 

All eggs in in Kenny Miller basket.  strap in for a hell of hard few months before he get's the bullet before Xmas.  Hope i'm wrong but watching us in the last few weeks from betfred cup to now fills me with no confidence.  

Edited by paisleysaints

32 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Looks like we also need another goalie in addition to our recruitment woes. Rodgers is injured for a considerable amount of time according to Stubbs.

I spotted Muir on the bench against Aberdeen (for the obvious reason). I've never seen him play, while I wouldn't expect him to start is he good enough to be cover on the bench?

On 8/21/2018 at 13:03, sergie's no1 fan said:
On 8/21/2018 at 12:59, Demented Zebra said:
Three year deal pay off plus back room staff ?  Gordon Scott is an acute business man getting rid of Stubbs would put a huge dent in our budget. It won't happen. 

He is an acute business man. There will be get out clauses.p

Is there a clause for "signing too many loan players for the liking of some loony fans" or is it the "played pish away to Aberdeen and Rangers" clause we'll be invoking...

58 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Is there a clause for "signing too many loan players for the liking of some loony fans" or is it the "played pish away to Aberdeen and Rangers" clause we'll be invoking...

Mate I'm 100% behind the team and Alan Stubbs. Have never in my life booooed a St Mirren team or player. Rangers game we were not good. Aberdeen game we were shocking did not try. That's me being critical hope you don't mind. E-mail from the 1877 club suggesting a new player will be in for Saturday. 

14 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Mate I'm 100% behind the team and Alan Stubbs. Have never in my life booooed a St Mirren team or player. Rangers game we were not good. Aberdeen game we were shocking did not try. That's me being critical hope you don't mind. E-mail from the 1877 club suggesting a new player will be in for Saturday. 

New... or very old?

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Add to the fact we won't be able to cast Eckersley or Mackenzie off because they both need achillies operations. 

We're still about 4 players away. 

Must be Stubbs forcing them to get an operation to justify not picking them.

Hodson?  Hard to say but it would be his first game . I did think it was Miller. 
If Livi are appointing Holt it would appear they have ironed out the situation with Miller.

They may hold onto his registration documents until after Saturday right enough.

FWIW i don't understand Saints fans that are creaming themselves over Miller. He has been disruptive in the dressing room for a couple of years and Livingston asked him to retire as a player. Don't think he is the answer to our problems.