The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Obviously the 8-8-8 plan was ridiculous and the important thing was that it was voted down, so we should all be thankful to Gilmour and McGregor regardless of their reasons for doing so. From memory though, did Gilmour not oppose it because he preferred something even more insane along the lines of the mess that Belgium calls a league?

7 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

All the new signings have to complete their initiation challenge. Wading through the wall of pampers currently blocking the entrance to the Ralston training complex. 

The meltdowns on Twitter are shocking. The sun get hold of that it will really drag the club down the gutter. 

1 hour ago, GAD said:

Wait, are you honestly trying to claim you don't remember the 8/8/8 fiasco and Gilmour's part in killing it? You don't remember the abuse he took from people like Richard Gordon, Stewart Milne and even Neil Lennon? It was a pretty big story mate.

I genuinely don't. Coventry Saints link to tthat article is completely new to me. What I do remember vividly was Gilmojr trying desperately to sell 8-8-8 as nirvana and the group I was with telling how pish it was. 

7 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Obviously the 8-8-8 plan was ridiculous and the important thing was that it was voted down, so we should all be thankful to Gilmour and McGregor regardless of their reasons for doing so. From memory though, did Gilmour not oppose it because he preferred something even more insane along the lines of the mess that Belgium calls a league?

He wanted a 14 team league and to go away from the 11-1 voting structure.  

Officials at Celtic, Aberdeen and Dundee heavily criticised and pumped pressure onto him and Macgregor at County in the media to back down and cow to their 12-12-18 set up and the 9-3 voting structure, but the 9-3 structure would only be in place for league reconstruction and everything else would remain 11-1.

37 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

I genuinely don't. Coventry Saints link to tthat article is completely new to me. What I do remember vividly was Gilmojr trying desperately to sell 8-8-8 as nirvana and the group I was with telling how pish it was. 

Well, I'm sure you won't mind if the rest of us just stick with the fully documented and widely reported facts instead.

Just now, GAD said:

Well, I'm sure you won't mind if the rest of us just stick with the fully documented and widely reported facts instead.

The Daily Record article says that Gilmour was on the steering group that came up with the plan in the fitst place. I'm not arguing with the evidence though. I genuinely don't remember it. 

He wanted a 14 team league and to go away from the 11-1 voting structure.  
Officials at Celtic, Aberdeen and Dundee heavily criticised and pumped pressure onto him and Macgregor at County in the media to back down and cow to their 12-12-18 set up and the 9-3 voting structure, but the 9-3 structure would only be in place for league reconstruction and everything else would remain 11-1.

Was this when they made the Aberdeen chairman cry?

5 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I remember Milne torpedoed the supposedly once in a million year opportunity to change the voting structure.  SG was in the right by leading the charge to change the voting rights duopoly from the Glasgow tinks and the zombie clubs. 

Milne voted with the dark side, i imagine thinking that his Aberdeen side would replace SEVCO as one of the big two. 

What a fucking walloper.

Haven't been so upset with someone's voting intentions since i found out my Dad voted No in the Scottish referendum.  

Anyway, Milne is a p***k that has blocked a genuine opportunity to envoke change in a stagnant Scottish Football setup due to parochial short-sighted self interest. He's a fucking trumpet and I'm proud that SG should be remembered on the right side of history (On this occasion).  

Posted from a dank damp tent in the pishing rain in Ardentinny.  

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

One was signed and completed yesterday - not sure why it wasn't announced.

Probably waiting for a big old fucking mega reveal. :lol: 

A familiar face returning also and it’s not Popescu.