The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

The thing with McAllister is that he is following the same story as other players with chronic injuries.

Needing a rest / Identified the problem / Operation will help / Needs a proper pre-season / Now injury free / Recurrence of injury, should be fine if managed / Can be a world beater if only gets a proper run in the team

Now, I'm not saying that is McAllister specifically, but these sorts of quotes run in cycles and we've seen it with other players. Don't get me wrong I genuinely hope that he can at least enjoy playing football at a decent level without either being in pain or causing him problems in later life. I do worry though.

40 minutes ago, Ric said:

Don't get me wrong I genuinely hope that he can at least enjoy playing football at a decent level without either being in pain or causing him problems in later life. I do worry though.

As a 41-year-old former sprinter who now has to stand up in instalments, that bit rings very true 😂

2 hours ago, ulysses said:

Had a wee look on B&W Army and a poster is claiming we're after Bayo from Celtic on loan. I remember reports floating around in January that we were after him then as well.

Don't think he played a single minute in either of Celtic's games in France. 

Goodwin in the PDE saying he is on the hunt for another striker saying thus far he has not found what he is looking for. 

Considering Goodwin is now saying he is off on the look out for a striking option, and we are stocked to the gunnels with midfielders, I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest these will be two defensive players.

I know, that sort of deduction would make an Agathe Christie novel.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

Considering Goodwin is now saying he is off on the look out for a striking option, and we are stocked to the gunnels with midfielders, I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest these will be two defensive players.

I know, that sort of deduction would make an Agathe Christie novel.

I believe the two today are defenders but there is a third player kicking about who is close...a right midfielder who I suppose could be one of the signings today and the 2nd defender later on in the week.