Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well another week and another majestic performance for those of you who love football played at a snails pace with no movement off the ball.

Nobody apart from N'Koyi came out the game with any credit apart from maybe McMullan but even then it was a case of him being slightly less shit than everyone else. Willo Flood turned in a performance so bad that I've now fallen out of love with football.

17 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Well another week and another majestic performance for those of you who love football played at a snails pace with no movement off the ball.

Nobody apart from N'Koyi came out the game with any credit apart from maybe McMullan but even then it was a case of him being slightly less shit than everyone else. Willo Flood turned in a performance so bad that I've now fallen out of love with football.

Can't agree with you about McMullan, I thought he was awful.  Flood has become a truely terrible player, how McKinnon cannot see this defies logic.  I'm beginning to think N'Koyi can make a contribution this season, impressed by his play and his attitude.

Can't agree with you about McMullan, I thought he was awful.  Flood has become a truely terrible player, how McKinnon cannot see this defies logic.  I'm beginning to think N'Koyi can make a contribution this season, impressed by his play and his attitude.

Don't get me wrong I thought McMullan was well below his normal level but he was one of only two players (N'Koyi the other) willing to at least move forward with the ball and play the game with some kind of tempo.

Just now, stumigoo said:

Don't get me wrong I thought McMullan was well below his normal level but he was one of only two players (N'Koyi the other) willing to at least move forward with the ball and play the game with some kind of tempo.

Maybe so but the amount of slack passes from him was criminal.  I won't judge Piggott too harshly either, he was totally starved of service and we didn't seem to be playing him as a target man in any conventional sense.

Sad to say I thought the young players were terrible; I'm not looking for world class performances but this was at the other end of the scale.  

Maybe so but the amount of slack passes from him was criminal.  I won't judge Piggott too harshly either, he was totally starved of service and we didn't seem to be playing him as a target man in any conventional sense.
Sad to say I thought the young players were terrible; I'm not looking for world class performances but this was at the other end of the scale.  

What's this Piggot like? Obviously I'm not asking for a judgement after a single game but
is he a target man type we need or similar profile to what we already have in N'goyi? I know he's signed as a development squad player.

12 hours ago, dregs 83 said:

U guys ever won it? Or anything in fact?

Yes m8, we've won it a couple of times thank you very much. We also won a game commonly referred to as the Doon Derby. See if you can guess what's in the spoiler without looking. No cheating.

Spoiler

59ab877ae53e4_images(70).jpg.42da13f61630b8f478938b151218e8d9.jpg

3 hours ago, GrantB878 said:

What's this Piggot like? Obviously I'm not asking for a judgement after a single game but
is he a target man type we need or similar profile to what we already have in N'goyi? I know he's signed as a development squad player.

He is much taller and broader than any of the other youngsters we have. For some reason both the goalie and the defenders seemed to aim all of their long balls at N'Koyi yesterday so it is hard to judge how good he is in the air (and we crossed the ball about twice yesterday). He didn't really do very much with the ball so it is difficult to say if he is any good or not.

7 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Yes m8, we've won it a couple of times thank you very much. We also won a game commonly referred to as the Doon Derby. See if you can guess what's in the spoiler without looking. No cheating.

Reveal hidden contents

59ab877ae53e4_images(70).jpg.42da13f61630b8f478938b151218e8d9.jpg

Is it that ugly skinny crock that looks like Gareth oot the Office?

33 minutes ago, Dirty Arab 83 said:

Hey Dee man........have you no got bairns tae frighten some place else

59abf1f2a6e2a_unnamed(43).gif.2e8891502407cf07d92c78416e8f9c48.gif

7 minutes ago, Beardy23 said:

Is it that ugly skinny crock that looks like Gareth oot the Office?

No, m8.

My 'International Weekend' boredom has led me to look at the last few Championship seasons. Obviously for a few years it was heavily influenced by the presence of Rangers, Hearts and Hibs but it has been the case that 72/73 points should see you win the title. That means picking up an average of 18 points per quarter (out of a maximum of 27). If we can, realistically, get 6 wins and a draw for every 9 games it should just about see us or anyone else win the league. 

Sounds pretty straight forward.....

My 'International Weekend' boredom has led me to look at the last few Championship seasons. Obviously for a few years it was heavily influenced by the presence of Rangers, Hearts and Hibs but it has been the case that 72/73 points should see you win the title. That means picking up an average of 18 points per quarter (out of a maximum of 27). If we can, realistically, get 6 wins and a draw for every 9 games it should just about see us or anyone else win the league. 
Sounds pretty straight forward.....

I can't help feeling more points than that will be needed this season. I can even see 80 points being needed, given the form of St Mirren and Dunfermline.

I can't help feeling more points than that will be needed this season. I can even see 80 points being needed, given the form of St Mirren and Dunfermline.

It could also end up being that less points win it, I think this title race will see everyone take a few points off each other. You might end up with three or four teams all on the 60-70 points mark.

3 hours ago, stumigoo said:

It could also end up being that less points win it, I think this title race will see everyone take a few points off each other. You might end up with three or four teams all on the 60-70 points mark.

Yep, non stop excitement all the way.

moz.jpg.3ae551b0ccd7c4312d13394f43b18abc.jpg

Archived