Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he isnt sacked now then f**k knows what it will take.

I LOL'd at team selection before the game and laughed even harder watching them at times.

Edgenguele is not a football player. His two best clearances were for Queens at the edge of their box...and the less said about the first goal, the better. People forgot how bad he is as he's not played for so long. I dont want to see him play again and have said this for months.

Why is Murdoch anywhere near midfield? Hes got Flood and Gillespie who could easily play there. Even Slater. 

To play 451 after watching Saturdays attempt at football, then watching how much better it was at 442 second half on Saturday, is utterly mind blowing. And he didnt change it till he threw Durnan up front 3 minuites to go or something.  Well, i think so anyway because f**k knows what was going on. 

Taking McMullan off, our only pacey player, and leaving King on... 

Fraser on at right midfield?

Wasting a substitution in putting Smith on...

Wasting a substitution putting Flood on so late?

Id give Ralston pass marks for not throwing up out of sheer panic at watching what hes go himself involved with.

Durnan was OK taking into account who was next to him.

McMullan looked OK at times.

McDonald was average, good free kick and looked interested.

Stanton played well and tried to get forward though nothing much 

Other than that, pfft. Im almost at the point of caring as much as the players do. 

I’ve stayed quiet on the calls for Laszlo’s head until now as I am sick of the constant stream of duds we seem to bring in, and was praying that the (few) excellent performances we had under him at the beginning were the norm, as opposed to what we now discover was just either sheer fluke, or else the other team being utter horseshit.

Enough is enough. For whatever reason, a squad full of (supposedly) decent players are not responding, and something needs to be done. Whether we can afford to do the necessary or not is pretty doubtful.

This season is now about damage limitation. I do not think that we are out of the payoffs, (a point ahead of Morton with 3 games in hand as well as further ahead of the other 2 with 2 in hand, should be enough to see us  scrape in), but that is all immaterial as unless Laszlo can find a way to get these Shitehawks motivated, our chances in the playoffs are nil in any case.

I can actually see us somehow managing to reach the playoff final, where the Dees will gleefully accept and take advantage of (yet another) opportunity to enforce Championship football upon us, and we will have another year (on here) of having to listen to their utter pish, which will be pretty unbearable. (Oh and we won’t get promoted either which is pretty bad).

I do prefer to err on the side of hope until all hope is actually gone, so will cling onto the last straw and hope that something clicks into place before the end of the season and we can salvage at least some pride from this omnishambles of a clusterfuck of a season.

In Shabba we (sadly) no longer trust. :wacko:

5 minutes ago, MacArab said:

I’ve stayed quiet on the calls for Laszlo’s head until now as I am sick of the constant stream of duds we seem to bring in, and was praying that the (few) excellent performances we had under him at the beginning were the norm, as opposed to what we now discover was just either sheer fluke, or else the other team being utter horseshit.

Enough is enough. For whatever reason, a squad full of (supposedly) decent players are not responding, and something needs to be done. Whether we can afford to do the necessary or not is pretty doubtful.

This season is now about damage limitation. I do not think that we are out of the payoffs, (a point ahead of Morton with 3 games in hand as well as further ahead of the other 2 with 2 in hand, should be enough to see us  scrape in), but that is all immaterial as unless Laszlo can find a way to get these Shitehawks motivated, our chances in the playoffs are nil in any case.

I can actually see us somehow managing to reach the playoff final, where the Dees will gleefully accept and take advantage of (yet another) opportunity to enforce Championship football upon us, and we will have another year (on here) of having to listen to their utter pish, which will be pretty unbearable. (Oh and we won’t get promoted either which is pretty bad).

I do prefer to err on the side of hope until all hope is actually gone, so will cling onto the last straw and hope that something clicks into place before the end of the season and we can salvage at least some pride from this omnishambles of a clusterfuck of a season.

In Shabba we (sadly) no longer trust. :wacko:

Your issue is the timing here. Is any manager worth having available right now? I agree that a well-timed kick up the behind might yet see you do something in the playoffs, but I honestly can't think who you'd get in to achieve that.

Edge is fucking stinking! So Durnan is putting pressure on the queens striker while there other attack is just along from him but instead of edge tracking the other man he decided to go to the same man as Durnan and leave the other boy clear, clown

I think the powers that be at DUFC will be quite relieved to read that we are picking up on poor individual team performances rather than shouting from the rooftops that there are bigger and potentially more devastating problems at Tannadice ......................

11 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Serious question, how long is Csaba’s contract, and can you afford to terminate it?

It seemed like a mad gamble at the time and, well, it still seems like a mad gamble.

May 19, although heavily rumoured at the time of signing to include an earlier break clause. I'm sure nobody at Tannadice wants to shell out on another severance package but they'll just have to. No chance that he'll be kept on when we don't get promoted.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Your issue is the timing here. Is any manager worth having available right now? I agree that a well-timed kick up the behind might yet see you do something in the playoffs, but I honestly can't think who you'd get in to achieve that.

Ellis turned the team around immediately after McKinnon got the bullet. If there's no one decent out there then I think every United fan would be happy to give it to Ellis until the end of the season.

Crowd last night 4088, assuming 88 away fans = lowest home support for a league game in many years.  The board have got to understand and acknowledge the reason.

I normally go for the early bird ST deal but will not be renewing until I know that Laszlo is out.

Honestly never thought I’d be seriously considering not going to games but enough is enough.

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Using only a gif, sum up Dundee United's title challenge. I'll go first:

What title challenge? They might not even make a playoff spot. In 2018 the only thing I thought I’d see that was completely shite and orange was Donald Trump. 

Archived