Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Mcmullan has looked very decent in the games ive saw up til now. Heres hoping his form continues like this rather than be a hit and miss type of player

Hate to break it you...

How many players do we still need?

I would say two. Another striker is a must plus another defender (probably Quinn). McKinnon said on ArabZone yesterday he is hopefully of another two or three.

I would say two. Another striker is a must plus another defender (probably Quinn). McKinnon said on ArabZone yesterday he is hopefully of another two or three.

Think we will bring in striker and another midfielder, then Quinn if Donaldson can be shifted

46 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Think we will bring in striker and another midfielder, then Quinn if Donaldson can be shifted

Be very surprised if we brought in another midfielder. We already have Briels, Allardice, Stanton and Flood to play in the centre. You could also stick Fraser, Toshney or Murdoch in there in the event of an injury crisis. Then there's the young chap Thomas who may be in McKinnon's plans. Another body would be overkill.

11 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Stanton is a bumper btw.

Play him through the middle and you have a top player on your hands. His driving runs from midfield are a joy to behold.

BBPF don't expect a reply,from these arrogant,Arabs.

We walk in their shadow mate:thumbsdown

20 hours ago, GrantB878 said:

On the up? you couldn't even tempt Jack Ross from a team that were in a relegation dog fight in the championship and your struggling to pay hartley his dues, maybe the yank owners will move the franchise to brechin?

Agreement has been reached with Hartley you silly billy.

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Be very surprised if we brought in another midfielder. We already have Briels, Allardice, Stanton and Flood to play in the centre. You could also stick Fraser, Toshney or Murdoch in there in the event of an injury crisis. Then there's the young chap Thomas who may be in McKinnon's plans. Another body would be overkill.

Toshney is awful. Murdoch is our only right back and was stinking in central midfield. Fraser is far too lightweight and too rubbish at tackling to be one of the sitting midfielders. Stanton sounds more of an attacking player. Thomas is one for the future.

Allardice can play there and I think he'll be a good player but if we have a couple of injuries or suspensions we could be looking at him being the most experienced player in there.

McKinnon has said he wants two or three more so I'd say another midfielder isn't the worst thing to ask for. Especially when you take into account Flood is getting on and had injury issues last season too.

I think a big target man and either a left back or a centre half would also be on the list too. Personally I'd rather see Scobbie at centre half and bring in a good left back but not overly fussed.

3 hours ago, Young gun said:

Aww, still sore from that cup final you all got so excited over last season, when we beat you despite not giving a shit? Time you moved on, I think :(

6 hours ago, Young gun said:

I'm not sure the chap was inviting a reply. If he is feeling unfairly ignored then, yes, Stanton does indeed look like a good player.

Was meaning more another winger option, wiv only really King and McMullan as wingers & Fraser as back up.

Thought we could do wiv one more

21 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Was meaning more another winger option, wiv only really King and McMullan as wingers & Fraser as back up.

Thought we could do wiv one more

Aye, I can see another winger perhaps. The more quality attacking options the better, within reason. Those are the options which are going to change games.

Stuart Armstrong rumoured to not be signing a new contract at Celtic.

Clubs in the BPL looking at him probably be worth between 5-8million. Do we have a sell on fee?

We have a sell on similar to Robertson. Hopefully with it being Celtic and not Hull they can hold out for a bit more but I would expect him to be at Celtic for at least another year before moving on.

Archived