Dundee United 2017/2018

24 minutes ago, GraemePaynesSocks said:

Don't mention it though or you will be "seething", "beelin" etc.

Just accept that there are a significant number of them who live their lives on this site. Its all they do.

^^^ Seething and beelin

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy that we've got a replacement for Bell when he leaves. If we can get a small fee for him and put it towards a striker I'm happy with that. Plus will free up wages cause Bell would of been one of the highest earners!

Robertson away to sign for Liverpool too £8 million!!!

Happy that we've got a replacement for Bell when he leaves. If we can get a small fee for him and put it towards a striker I'm happy with that. Plus will free up wages cause Bell would of been one of the highest earners!

Robertson away to sign for Liverpool too £8 million!!!

How much do we have in Robertson? 10%? 15%?

The most embarrassing thing in this thread is the number of posts by Funsters.  I think we all expect the odd jibe or two; particularly given this is our second season in the lower league, but the obsession of Dundee fans is quite incredible.
I suppose the level of attention we receive is the price we pay for being Dundee's big team.

I particularly liked the second Utd thread created in the Championship that every so often one of them bumps in the forlorn hope of getting a nibble. A tragic tale of wasted dreams.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

The most embarrassing thing in this thread is the number of posts by Funsters.  I think we all expect the odd jibe or two; particularly given this is our second season in the lower league, but the obsession of Dundee fans is quite incredible.

I suppose the level of attention we receive is the price we pay for being Dundee's big team.

No point in getting worked up enough to make comment on the matter Granny.  Football fans the world over will make comments when their neighbours / rivals are going through a bad patch.  If there is anything you should be getting worked up over it's the decisions made by Stephen, Jackie and Mixu which, in less than 3 / 4 seasons, have brought you from challenging Celtic to regular Championship football.

2 hours ago, GraemePaynesSocks said:

How much do we have in Robertson? 10%? 15%?

Chances are it'll be 10% of any profit, so take off some tax and you're looking at around £500k for United.

Great move for Robertson though. Hope he manages the step up.

16 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Chances are it'll be 10% of any profit, so take off some tax and you're looking at around £500k for United.

Great move for Robertson though. Hope he manages the step up.

I think we have trading losses carried forward and are likely to have a trading loss this year so that should offset any tax liability.

Maybe we will nett enough to avoid administration!  We can but dream...

I'm still not convinced about either fullback position. By all accounts Scobbie can do a job at LB, but he'd be a significant improvement over either Durnan or Edge at CB. Murdoch did ok at RB last season but I'd still rather have an actual RB there. It looks like we're starting the new season with the same soft centre and fullbacks playing outwith their natural positions.

43 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

I think Mehmet might be given the first two games in goal after a decent pre-season.

Probably right but you'd also think that Southampton wouldn't be sending a 19 year old laddie 500 miles away from home for a season just to play second fiddle. So you might find that Lewis will be the number 1 when the season starts. 

Probably right but you'd also think that Southampton wouldn't be sending a 19 year old laddie 500 miles away from home for a season just to play second fiddle. So you might find that Lewis will be the number 1 when the season starts. 

I definitely think Lewis will start the league season as number one. These next few games are still very much about squad rotation.

Archived