"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

2 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

And at Cavalry FC - which sounds even more like Calvary 

Yep, autocorrect sent me awry but thanks to the grace of the lord I'm back on path with the righteous 

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

I think that'll be a decent signing for you guys. Seemed to be the best talent in the Canadian Premier League a couple years ago and I was hoping County would actually sign him at the time we were raiding that market. Victor Loturi's best mate so that should help him settle in Inverness.

Goalkeepers

Mark Ridgers

Cammy Mackay

Defence

Cameron Harper

Lewis Nicholson (long term injured)

Wallace Duffy

Danny Devine

Morgan Boyes (loan)

Nikola Ujdur

James Carragher (loan)

Cammy Kerr (loan)

Remi Savage

Jeremiah Chilikoa-Mullen (loan)

Midfield

Roddy Macgregor

Aaron Doran

Charlie Gilmour

Max Anderson (loan)

Nathan Shaw

Luis Longstaff

Sean McAllister (loan)

Forwards

Austin Samuels

Billy Mckay

Harry Lodovica (long term injured)

Adam Brooks
Alex Samuel (loan)

Aribim Pepple (loan)

List of all the players still at the club (as far as we know) 

8 loanees must be a record for us 

it's very rare that you're able to sign players on permanent deals in January (I know we signed Savage but I haven't seen how long the deal is anywhere).  Far bigger clubs in Scotland than The Caley are getting loans in until the end of the season so that doesn't bother me.

What does bother me is the rebuild in the summer, regardless of what division we're going to be in.

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

it's very rare that you're able to sign players on permanent deals in January (I know we signed Savage but I haven't seen how long the deal is anywhere).  Far bigger clubs in Scotland than The Caley are getting loans in until the end of the season so that doesn't bother me.

What does bother me is the rebuild in the summer, regardless of what division we're going to be in.

Aye as much as I think there’s guys in the squad who should’ve been gone donkeys ago, I get uneasy thinking about a full squad rebuild. 

Best case scenario, you can end up with a Butcher-esque rebuild in 2012 or worst case a Paul Hartley, Falkirk 2018 type squad. 

That squad list lays bare the challenges in the summer. Who would you actually keep from that list assuming the loanees all return to their parent clubs? Ridgers, Harper, Gilmour and maybe Mckay?

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The only players we have under contract to 2025 are - Nikola Ujdur, Lewis Nicholson, Charlie Gilmour, Adam Brooks, Luis Longstaff and Billy Mckay.

I’m sure Mckays is only an option for an extra year as well so he could easily end up leaving too.

Massive massive job for Ferguson but it just shows what a complete horror show that Dodds left behind.

7 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I’m sure Mckays is only an option for an extra year as well so he could easily end up leaving too.

Massive massive job for Ferguson but it just shows what a complete horror show that Dodds left behind.

Aye McKay was a one year with another one year option.  I think he'll stay, he'll be 36 in October so will maybe do one more year with us then call it a day.

I think we're going to see a 2012 style Nigel-fest in the summer.  If they're half as good as the ones signed by Butcher, we'll be laughing.

Money is the problem as it is with all Championship clubs in attempting to attract talent.

However with Duncan Ferguson as it was with Butcher we have an asset in that Duncan has contacts south of the Border whereas with Dodds and Robbo their rep ended at the Border.

31 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Money is the problem as it is with all Championship clubs in attempting to attract talent.

However with Duncan Ferguson as it was with Butcher we have an asset in that Duncan has contacts south of the Border whereas with Dodds and Robbo their rep ended at the Border.

Difference is that Dodds is a havering idiot as shown by his appearances on sportsound and Sportscene.

19 hours ago, KingBeastie said:

Honestly, with the exception of Mckay, Shaw and Ridgers I really don't care who Ferguson gets rid of.  If he thinks that they are not good enough then fine - off they pop.  Most of the players that have been with us for a while have put us in the situation we are in.  Sentimentality is understandable but just because some have been around for ages doesn't make it a good thing.

Onwards...

This is exactly my feeling too.  Our league position has got gradually worse over the last 2 and a half seasons, and 3 or 4 of that side have now either left or have gone on loan and will clearly be away in the summer.

Edit - Welsh and Carson being the main ones.

Edited by TheScarf

2 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Aye as much as I think there’s guys in the squad who should’ve been gone donkeys ago, I get uneasy thinking about a full squad rebuild. 

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

In a way I think the manager will be pleased that so many will be out of contract and he can sign the players he wants to work with.  I don't really think it's a bad thing, a big clear out is perhaps needed.  It'll be the first real opportunity he'll have had to assemble a squad of players that he thinks can fit what he wants to do.
My only concern would be the lack of money he'll have available to spend.

There's no guarantee that he'll get it right of course, but that would be the same for any manager.

19 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

This is exactly my feeling too.  Our league position has got gradually worse over the last 2 and a half seasons, and 3 or 4 of that side have now either left or have gone on loan and will clearly be away in the summer.

You're absolutely right, we've been sliding down the league each season.  We need to stop that.  Releasing players that have been part of us getting a bit worse each season is not a bad thing.  We do need to replace them with something better of course, but head in the sand denial is not the answer.

1 hour ago, KingBeastie said:

In a way I think the manager will be pleased that so many will be out of contract and he can sign the players he wants to work with.  I don't really think it's a bad thing, a big clear out is perhaps needed.  It'll be the first real opportunity he'll have had to assemble a squad of players that he thinks can fit what he wants to do.
My only concern would be the lack of money he'll have available to spend.

There's no guarantee that he'll get it right of course, but that would be the same for any manager.

Yeah, I think you are right. He will be delighted that he gets pretty much a clean slate to do what he wants with. The biggest issue is trying to gel 10 or 11 brand new players over pre-season, it just isn’t going to happen so I wouldn’t be surprised if the start of next season isn’t the best, even if the players he brings in are good enough.

There isn’t many players I’ll be sorry to see leave but we should never have been in this position in the first place. If we had made decent signings in previous windows we would only have needed to add 4 or 5 over the summer which is obviously a much easier task.

Appointing Ferguson is clearly a way to try and revitalise the team.  He's someone from completely outside the world we've operated in for the last few years, really since we were relegated.  At the press conference to unveil him, the board (it was either Morrison or Gardiner who said it) made reference to a long term plan, presumably to give him a contract and let him build up the squad.  His signings so far have been a mix of experienced Scottish players (Sheridan, Wotherspoon, Kerr) and guys from England (everyone else).  On paper it seems a decent transfer strategy but we'll need to see how it pans out - the devil is in the delivery.

It's also worth remenbering we are in a relegation fight and need to focus on now.