"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Discussing this topic earlier today funnily enough. I'm maybe in a minority but I don't see any issue with that. If you have a contract and your contract expires then surely you have to have the common sense to realise the club aren't interested in you? If players are allowed to sign elsewhere before their contract ends then why do they expect to be hand held if the shoe's on the other foot? 

Basic courtesy? 

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

Just now, Raith Against The Machine said:

Basic courtesy? 

Perhaps. But as I say, where's the basic courtesy from players when they're signing pre-contracts? 

35 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Discussing this topic earlier today funnily enough. I'm maybe in a minority but I don't see any issue with that. If you have a contract and your contract expires then surely you have to have the common sense to realise the club aren't interested in you? If players are allowed to sign elsewhere before their contract ends then why do they expect to be hand held if the shoe's on the other foot? 

“I have not had one message or phone call from the club, but I am not sure if my agent has spoke to them

and you would think he would know what his agent is up to though ?

35 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Perhaps. But as I say, where's the basic courtesy from players when they're signing pre-contracts? 

Where was the basic courtesy from the club to let the players know they will be training in Fife from then on instead of ending up reading it in the papers or on social media?

Mark Ridgers -

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/6497344/mark-ridgers-ive-waited-long-enough-for-caley-thistle-contract-offer/

51 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I’m pretty certain that players have to tell their current club before they sign a pre-contract 

We have form for not announcing anything but the fact that Ridgers confirmed that we hadn’t even told the players about the Kelty plan is damning. Looking at the information that’s come out the club has been run by a couple of people humming and hawing about various mad ideas and then putting out a press release.  Whatever happens this week and in the future, if the club continues we need a complete change of people running the organisation.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

You would expect, at least, a conversation with a manager about any fixed term contract expiry.

Duffy may be pretty rotten but he, like Ridgers, deserves to at least be told what's going on. That the club never told the senior players about the Kelty move is shocking and at the same not surprising. I fear for what this week brings. The rumour mill is starting to go into overdrive already with massive rumours about big news coming on Wednesday.

You'd have thought existing contracts for players would be voided if they were suddenly told they were going to be based in Fife rather than Inverness, but maybe nobody considered the need for such a clause.

It surprises me that some are surprised that players were not contacted re certain activities and contracts when you consider that the club would not even communicate with the supporters trusts or ordinary fans, to me it has been more than obvious that the two running the club ran it as a personal fiefdom and considered any requests as an intrusion better ignored.

45 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Unless I missed it, the club didn’t actually announce that Gary Bollan was Fergusons assistant. Communications been dreadful for years at the club but this season it dropped of a cliff 

The club definitely didn’t announce it. He just appeared in the dugout one day before a game.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

We have form for not announcing anything but the fact that Ridgers confirmed that we hadn’t even told the players about the Kelty plan is damning. Looking at the information that’s come out the club has been run by a couple of people humming and hawing about various mad ideas and then putting out a press release.  Whatever happens this week and in the future, if the club continues we need a complete change of people running the organisation.

Please don't tempt fate by using phrases like 'if the club continues...'

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

The club definitely didn’t announce it. He just appeared in the dugout one day before a game.

He obviously takes his job seriously.if he is in the dug out the day before the game.

3 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Unless I missed it, the club didn’t actually announce that Gary Bollan was Fergusons assistant. Communications been dreadful for years at the club but this season it dropped of a cliff 

The club still haven't officially announced that the Chairman has resigned or that the CEO has resigned.  We're an absolute shambles.