"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

I note the American connection that was touted is the third shareholder in Seventy7 James Duy Nguyen a Vietnamese American Immigrant who was called to the Californian Bar, from what I can gather on him his involvement prior to 77 is in digital media.

Jacobsen the other shareholder in 77 resigned last year

Excellent, congratulations on your American investor coming good.

• Replies 16.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

The best case scenario is that this guy has made money in the past that isn't reflected in his current businesses and has decided that he wants to get involved in football.  Either that or he has backers and partners who are providing financing.

That seems less likely than the reality of him doing a Lyle Lanley on our board who are clearly all desperate to get out and would probably sell to anyone.

Does the SFA/SPFL have fit and proper persons tests? Not that they seem to do much good down south but surely this needs to go through at least some checking with the governing bodies.

1 hour ago, bpdon said:

Guessing this is the same mob that tried and failed to buy Southend a few years ago? From what I see, Seventy7 Ventures were basically brokering that deal for anonymous foreign investors.... which suggests they have hee-ho capital of their own.

They also pretty much admitted their primary interest was in the property development associated with Southend at the time.

So, which assets do ICT have left to strip?

Here's the references for the failed Southend attempt too: https://www.shrimperzone.com/forums/threads/carl-reader-seventy7-ventures-want-to-acquire-the-club.111822/

The local lad who seemed to be fronting that deal for Seventy7 Ventures, Carl Reader, had an online Q&A here: https://www.shrimperzone.com/forums/threads/q-a-with-carl-reader.111823/

Some Linkedin waffle tagging Ketan and co: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/carlreader_at-the-age-of-14-i-wrote-to-the-then-southend-activity-6959904727530676224-3l9U/

Edited by bpdon

3 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Does the SFA/SPFL have fit and proper persons tests? Not that they seem to do much good down south but surely this needs to go through at least some checking with the governing bodies.

I think they do, but as far as I can tell the SFA don't seem to do any due diligence so if you just lie on your form you'll probably be fine.

This is about what I can find on the Fit & Proper Test from the SFA Handbook. Skip to page 81 in the PDF, Section 10, which states that anyone playing in the SPFL, Highland or Lowland League has to send a return to the SFA each June, laying out "all officials, office-bearers, secretary, directors or members of the board of management or committee of such member" and "The Board must be satisfied that any such person is fit and proper to hold such position within Association Football. The Board hereby reserves its discretion as to whether or not such a person is fit and proper" & then goes & lists what is exclusionary which are too many to list here.

So theoretically yes, but would they enforce it if the alternative was the club going into administration? It's the SFA, who knows?

25 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

25 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

IMG-20240726-WA0027.thumb.jpg.2ba695fbc3ad152903c0f321d1a2185d.jpg

Yer man previously announced he was buying Hayes & Yeading, subject to this fairly significant caveat. 

Surprisingly, there's no evidence to suggest that takeover was ever completed. 

Ted Lasso was filmed at their ground which I'd imagine was what brought his interest. He seems to have deleted his Linkedin page where most Google results connecting him with the club lead to, but it looks like he or the club bottled out.

Edited by welshbairn

19 minutes ago, bpdon said:

Here's the references for the failed Southend attempt too: https://www.shrimperzone.com/forums/threads/carl-reader-seventy7-ventures-want-to-acquire-the-club.111822/

The local lad who seemed to be fronting that deal for Seventy7 Ventures, Carl Reader, had an online Q&A here: https://www.shrimperzone.com/forums/threads/q-a-with-carl-reader.111823/

Some Linkedin waffle tagging Ketan and co: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/carlreader_at-the-age-of-14-i-wrote-to-the-then-southend-activity-6959904727530676224-3l9U/

I just have to point out that Michael Jacobson linked on that Linkedin page is listed on his own page as an "Entertainment Impresario International Business Leader & Advisor Media | Entertainment | Arts | Culture | Board & Government Advisory" which even by the standards of LinkedIn comes off as particularly wanky.

Anyway, I've looked at too much LinkedIn for one day & now have to go outside & touch grass to remember that most of the world isn't like that.

With the combination of all those buzzwords of the day like Blockchain & AI/ML & Crypto, if that didn't set off alarm bells on the Caley board then they either aren't paying attention or don't particularly care anymore.

Edited by forkboy

28 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

IMG-20240726-WA0027.thumb.jpg.2ba695fbc3ad152903c0f321d1a2185d.jpg

Yer man previously announced he was buying Hayes & Yeading, subject to this fairly significant caveat. 

Surprisingly, there's no evidence to suggest that takeover was ever completed. 

Hold on, he’s bald as well?

Shut The Caley down now.

Panos Thomas is the biggest gangster going.

He should have been banned from football after his dealings with Laurence Bassini at Watford.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Ted Lasso was filmed at their ground 

That seems like ideal experience to run a club. I set up my explosives factory after watching Roadrunner and Wile E Coyote.