"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

Yes. Board members and / or the Chairman have been vocal about the need for this damn battery farm to get approved to safeguard our future. It was rejected skylight the club are appealing the decision it could take a while to be resolved. And this was all based on us continuing as a second tier club. 

I don't understand, how have things got so bad. I don't recall you recruiting expensive players and living beyond your means. Also surely last year's cup run netted a significant amount of cash ?

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

2 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

1 point after 6 games we had, Dodds got sacked after 5 games and John Robertson and Charlie Christie were in the dugout for the 6th game inbetween Dodds getting punted and Ferguson coming in. His first game was end of September i think 

I think at the time we were bottom and 4 points behind Morton in 9th

Then 41 points from 27 games was not too bad and fell just short of what was needed. 

10 minutes ago, mcjameos said:

I don't understand, how have things got so bad. I don't recall you recruiting expensive players and living beyond your means. Also surely last year's cup run netted a significant amount of cash ?

I don't have the energy to go into the details but the short version is we've been a basket case off the pitch for years. We've frequently made losses which good cup runs or directors covered. In an effort to diversify income Gardiner et al looked at having concerts at the ground and battery farms. None of these have been handled well and the club has pissed off local businesses and lost more money. Meanwhile, results on the pitch have been honking and (some? most?) fans have felt like the club have forgotten about them as many stories have been told of poor communication between supporters and the club leaving some alienated. It's been a cluster f'ck for a long time and arguably this moment has been coming. 

1 minute ago, RiG said:

I don't have the energy to go into the details but the short version is we've been a basket case off the pitch for years. We've frequently made losses which good cup runs or directors covered. In an effort to diversify income Gardiner et al looked at having concerts at the ground and battery farms. None of these have been handled well and the club has pissed off local businesses and lost more money. Meanwhile, results on the pitch have been honking and (some? most?) fans have felt like the club have forgotten about them as many stories have been told of poor communication between supporters and the club leaving some alienated. It's been a cluster f'ck for a long time and arguably this moment has been coming. 

Well said as much as it pains me to say I'm sorry about the state of affairs but it's been coming and it's well and truly come to rest with a squad of clowns a manager who is is clearly at different levels from his players and a boss who is someone who should be pilloried at the mercat cross for being Scott Gardiner.

8 minutes ago, RiG said:

Dearie me, sounds like you need shot of those responsible. Probably not that simple but hopefully one positive from today will be seeing the back of that fraud of a manager you've been lumbered with.

Whatever wages Ferguson was would have likely been enough to get in players that could have got Inverness out this mess, combined with Grainger running things behind the scenes seems to be the downfall of the board. Would be sad for the fans to see Inverness go bust and hopefully they can avoid it but need to reset.

16 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

If the rumours are true and its administration, does that automatically mean you'll be starting next season with a 10 point deduction?  

Believe Hearts got 15, but may have changed since then. 

I see the supporters trust have put out a clownshoes statement saying 

The club’s planned restructure must prioritise spend on the first team and the club’s youth infrastructure over everything else to ensure that we have a full-time first team squad for the League One campaign and that the future of the Football Academy is protected.

Which we couldn't afford to do in the Championship but I'm sure it will be fine for league one whilst in admin. 

A very unserious organisation. 

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Whatever wages Ferguson was would have likely been enough to get in players that could have got Inverness out this mess, combined with Grainger running things behind the scenes seems to be the downfall of the board. Would be sad for the fans to see Inverness go bust and hopefully they can avoid it but need to reset.

I have seen a few post  speculating the wage Ferguson has been on this evening on twitter and the figures seen have been between £5-7k a week.

I seriously doubt that can be true as that is crazy money for ICT to be paying a manager in the top flight never mind in the Championship, let alone League 1.

I suspect Ferguson won't be cheap but those figures seem a bit ridiculous if true.

2 hours ago, mcjameos said:

They've been living beyond their means each and every season - to the tune of fully £800,000 per year before Scot Gardiner even slithered into the premises.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle is the Potemkin village of Scottish football. 

2 minutes ago, CaspianChris said:

I have seen a few post  speculating the wage Ferguson has been on this evening on twitter and the figures seen have been between £5-7k a week.

I seriously doubt that can be true as that is crazy money for ICT to be paying a manager in the top flight never mind in the Championship, let alone League 1.

I suspect Ferguson won't be cheap but those figures seem a bit ridiculous if true.

It seems to be quite widely accepted that he is getting paid that kind of astronomical sum, but is being paid directly by one of the club’s benefactors/directors rather than out of the club’s budget.

Not that this makes it any less of a nonsense to be paying a rubbish manager that amount of cash, but aye.

As someone earlier said, them's the rules. A situation like this is a P&B pile on, but is sad to see. Inverness a great away day, and we need a strong football base in the Highlands for the sake of the game.  Inverness did look awful tonight (two dozen centre halves and Boyes starts?), and still annoyed at how close it was (beaten twice at Hampden). The precarious situation of the running of the club, albeit from a not very well informed onlooker, doesn't look dissimilar to that at Hamilton. I'm not sure Hamilton fans agree with me, but a decent manager steers them out of trouble, and Rankine seems a safer pair of hands than Ferguson.

Caley have been a significant part of Scottish football history for the past 20 years. It killed me watching them winning the Scottish cup! 

From what I’ve seen their crowds have dwindled over the past few years, and I don’t quite understand why. I understand that it wasn’t a popular decision to amalgamate the two clubs, but 30 years on with the success that they have achieved, I would have thought that they would have built up a decent enough fan base. Maybe there are too many busses down to the central belt every other weekend.

In any case, i wish caley a speedy and quick recovery back to the championship. 

I'm a bit sorry to see Inverness go down. I love Inverness as a place, it's a great away day so I was always hopeful they'd come back into the top flight eventually (or are still in the Championship should St Mirren get relegated at some point).

There seems to be a lot of doom and gloom about the future of the club, but I'm sure there was the same over Falkirk/Hamilton/Livingston/Morton when they dropped down to the third tier.

Maybe this gives them a chance to bleed a few more youngsters.

Even on a dark day for our club, it's great to see so many fans from elsewhere taking time out from supporting their basket case irrelevant clubs to express views. While we may have a downward blip our big club status is secured in the minds of others by the far and wide interest.

9 hours ago, RiG said:

Correct, total club administration mismanagement, the main culprit being Gardiner, he and the Chairman must do the decent thing and resign forthwith, a board in any other business facing a financial loss would have fired them immediately.

The fans and shareholders carry no blame in this fiasco.