"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

30 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Even on a dark day for our club, it's great to see so many fans from elsewhere taking time out from supporting their basket case irrelevant clubs to express views. While we may have a downward blip our big club status is secured in the minds of others by the far and wide interest.

Big club??? Hahahaha

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

9 hours ago, Buzz Killington said:

I see the supporters trust have put out a clownshoes statement saying 

Which we couldn't afford to do in the Championship but I'm sure it will be fine for league one whilst in admin. 

A very unserious organisation. 

I get the bit about full time being difficult but I believe that the youth set up is vital. We can’t compete and get players to come up here from the central belt - we have to develop our own. If things had been better handled we could have had three or four youngsters battling in that team sitting alongside the likes of Welsh and Carson. We would have had a team of boys who cared about the club and its future. Some say the guys who have gone on loan to other teams haven’t stood out and wouldn’t make it. However if they have the support of experience and skill Ive  mentioned above, then they learn quickly and we get team spirit which is everything. Ferguson’s arrogance was on show every week. He believed that the English u23 league and a bunch of loans from the south were better than what was here. He didn’t look about the club and try to work with what he had …..the bones of a squad that had got to the play offs and a Scottish cup final. He decimated the squad and the morale. 

50 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Even on a dark day for our club, it's great to see so many fans from elsewhere taking time out from supporting their basket case irrelevant clubs to express views. While we may have a downward blip our big club status is secured in the minds of others by the far and wide interest.

bruce-forsyth-tv-times(1).gif.5795b2ded99c0e268224a0bdfcdbf7b5.gif.122c99f1e0def51d26b1c7b1f8bd60c1.gif

I’ve defended Ferguson a lot but f**k me. The reality is he had 4 games against League 1 sides to keep us up and we were utterly dreadful in all 4 of them. He needs to go and it needs to be done now. That was one of the most pathetic performances I’ve ever seen. I know being 3 goals down at half time is a big ask but we carried on playing as those it was some meaningless end of season game. Nobody seemed to give a f**k.

Get all of the players released, sack the manager and Gardiner etc and start from scratch again, while dealing with Administration which is being announced in the next week or so too.

17 minutes ago, Ott said:

I get the bit about full time being difficult but I believe that the youth set up is vital. We can’t compete and get players to come up here from the central belt - we have to develop our own. If things had been better handled we could have had three or four youngsters battling in that team sitting alongside the likes of Welsh and Carson. We would have had a team of boys who cared about the club and its future. Some say the guys who have gone on loan to other teams haven’t stood out and wouldn’t make it. However if they have the support of experience and skill Ive  mentioned above, then they learn quickly and we get team spirit which is everything. Ferguson’s arrogance was on show every week. He believed that the English u23 league and a bunch of loans from the south were better than what was here. He didn’t look about the club and try to work with what he had …..the bones of a squad that had got to the play offs and a Scottish cup final. He decimated the squad and the morale. 

I know he's Scottish, but he's spent many many years in England, and maybe he made that classic foreign manager error of assuming that the Scottish league is shite, full of plumbers and sparkies, and that lower league kids from "big" countries would automatically be better.

2 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I know he's Scottish, but he's spent many many years in England, and maybe he made that classic foreign manager error of assuming that the Scottish league is shite, full of plumbers and sparkies, and that lower league kids from "big" countries would automatically be better.

He should stick to punting Cameo videos to Everton fans.

21 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

He seems to think it is kids football where the results don’t really matter, it’s fucking bizarre. 

22 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Well he brought in Gary Bollan to assist him. If anyone knows how competitive the lower leagues are it should be Bollan, he's struggled at every level in Scottish football.

25 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I’ve defended Ferguson a lot but f**k me. The reality is he had 4 games against League 1 sides to keep us up and we were utterly dreadful in all 4 of them. He needs to go and it needs to be done now. That was one of the most pathetic performances I’ve ever seen. I know being 3 goals down at half time is a big ask but we carried on playing as those it was some meaningless end of season game. Nobody seemed to give a f**k.

Get all of the players released, sack the manager and Gardiner etc and start from scratch again, while dealing with Administration which is being announced in the next week or so too.

You and I were fairly similar about Ferguson and have to agree. I didn’t see the Montrose games but the last 2 against Hamilton were nothing short of embarassing. 

Doesn’t help that Ridgers has arguably chucked in 3 goals but the persistence of the back 5, playing wingers in midfield, letting Welsh and Carson go I could go on and on.

Our last 2 relegations I was gutted, this time I’m barely even arsed. The disconnect between the fans and the club has never been so big and until utter charlatans like Gardiner are chased out the door it’s only going to get worse. 

10 hours ago, 101 said:

Whatever wages Ferguson was would have likely been enough to get in players that could have got Inverness out this mess, combined with Grainger running things behind the scenes seems to be the downfall of the board. Would be sad for the fans to see Inverness go bust and hopefully they can avoid it but need to reset.

I've every confidence that Scott Gardiner will lead ICT out of League 1.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

He seems to think it is kids football where the results don’t really matter, it’s fucking bizarre. 

@ICTChris said this recently to me, and possibly on here, but it does seem Ferguson acts like a youth coach where the style / approach is more important than the results. 

Edited by RiG

8 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

You and I were fairly similar about Ferguson and have to agree. I didn’t see the Montrose games but the last 2 against Hamilton were nothing short of embarassing. 

Doesn’t help that Ridgers has arguably chucked in 3 goals but the persistence of the back 5, playing wingers in midfield, letting Welsh and Carson go I could go on and on.

Our last 2 relegations I was gutted, this time I’m barely even arsed. The disconnect between the fans and the club has never been so big and until utter charlatans like Gardiner are chased out the door it’s only going to get worse. 

The Montrose games were nowhere near as bad as the 2 Hamilton ones but still awful to watch.

Aye, I’ve given him the benefit of the doubt for the first goal on Wednesday, can fully understand why people would blame him, but the second goal and then the first today are horrendous mistakes to be making. I was going to say I can’t believe that he went with 5 at the back again and started Longstaff but it didn’t surprise me at all. He refused to change anything.

We were 3 down, overall, after 12 minutes and it still took him until half time to change it. It needed to be done straight away, not that it made any difference. We still created f**k all chances.

The fact he finally gave Austin Samuels a shot shows how clueless he is. You’ve not given him a minute since you came into the club but he finally decide now is the time to get him on the park.

16 minutes ago, RiG said:

@ICTChris said this recently to me, and possibly on here, but it does seem Ferguson acts like a youth coach where the style / approach is more important than the results. 

Yeah it certainly seems that way.

4 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

The fact he finally gave Austin Samuels a shot shows how clueless he is. You’ve not given him a minute since you came into the club but he finally decide now is the time to get him on the park.

The Samuels sub and his mood at coming on summed up the farcical Ferguson reign. A manager woefully out of his depth having to turn to a player he's completely marginalised over the last few months in a desperate attempt to save his skin with said player completely demotivated. Another masterclass from Large Duncan. 

23 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've every confidence that Scott Gardiner will lead ICT out of League 1.

bart simpson drain GIF

22 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I will not be renewing my ST if Gardiner and Ferguson remain at the club, and from what I'm hearing there will be others doing the same.

I did the same, as did many others when we were relegated to League One to try and force change at boardroom level. It worked and we are now in a good place, fan owned with everything on the up retail, crowds etc and a board that understands and are very much at one with our support.

It’s been a long haul and there might be darker days before you get there but you have to stick with it. Good luck, I would hate to see ICT disappear as have had many good trips up to see the Bairns.

1 hour ago, Ott said:

He believed that the English u23 league and a bunch of loans from the south were better than what was here. He didn’t look about the club and try to work with what he had …..the bones of a squad that had got to the play offs and a Scottish cup final. He decimated the squad and the morale. 

This is a key point. From an outsider looking in, the squad was stacked with an incredible amount of loanees, who weren't of the standard needed. This was always going to end badly. 

The standard of the U23 is not very good and the majority of the players will be jobbing around at National League sides having played less than 30 proper games of football, or will be out the game entirely when they are too old for the development squad. The other issue is that they essentially have zero attachment to the club - they won't be the ones unemployed because the club can't afford them having been relegated. Put simply, they don't really care. They'll return to the parent club and collect their wages while they still can, quite happily. 

Not saying that U23 loanees don't have their place, but they supplement a squad and cannot realistically expected to be a major part of it because they aren't equipped to do so.