"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

47 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I agree, on reflection don’t think it’s that crazy either.

As others have pointed out, many clubs don’t train in their home town anymore and will only see their home ground on match days.

Berwick and Cowdenbeath are two examples that spring to mind, both train in Edinburgh. Montrose train in Perth or Dundee I think.

I get that these examples are far less geographically extreme than Inverness to Kelty, and it would take some getting my head round if I was a fan, but it might just help you attract better players.

Worst thing is how it affects any non playing staff on the football side, as I would imagine office staff would be unaffected.

I think the key difference is that none of these other clubs are full time (apart from QoTS), none of them are based in a city, and none of them spent a great deal of money on a nearby football academy!

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

1 minute ago, GNU_Linux said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the Gardener tried to re-brand as Inverness Rangers

I’m sure he would have tried to hire Murray Park first.

12 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

With speculation that finances are a bit fucked is it possible that they are trying to raise funds/reduce spend by getting rid of any club houses and that's the actual motivator to move?

I would say that trying to reduce spend by agreeing to give Kelty Hearts a six figure sum is too ridiculous to be plausible, but then I remembered it’s Scot Gardiner in charge so you might be on to it. 

6 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Crazy and only demonstrates detachment from Inverness.

So the team and team management personnel are going to bus up here every second Saturday morning for a home game?

Club paying for accommodation for both home and away games. Signings I feel only joining because of connivence of training who will have no real passion for the club or the badge and getting the team as only going to be in Inverness for a few hours every few weeks. Take it will be no open days and events within the club now for the kids to me there Hero’s 

6 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

We’re moving our whole base of operations so the plethora of EPL loanees we’re going to sign don’t have as long a trip home to see mum and dad. Wtf is going on 

Suits the manager to get back down the road to have a few games of snooker with his brother in law. 
Has a feel of Clydebank to it. Feel sorry for you guys as a fan base 

5 minutes ago, Moorie said:

Take it will be no open days and events within the club now for the kids to me there Hero’s 

This is actually quite a big thing that a lot of people don’t think is a big deal but it really is.

The community trust does a lot of excellent work and the players all get involved in it. The wee man went to the week long hot shots over the Easter holidays and on one of the last days 5 or 6 of the players turned up signed autographs, pictures etc and even played some games with the kids. The kids absolutely loved it and it can really help getting younger kids becoming fans of the team. That is going to be totally lost now though.

1 minute ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Have you actually been at a home game when they announce the attendance? Doubt it if you think we're getting anything near that. 

No I haven't but if thats what's being put out officially surely its there or thereabouts. I know that clubs may count all tickets/season tickets sold even if the ticket holder dosen't turn up but surely there isn't a significant about of people doing that?

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Scott Gardiner is incompetent and should be gone but the whole board has backed these plans, including Grassa and Alex Chisholm who were going to reconnect the club with the business and wider community in the city.  I'm sure that'll go well.

Apparently he didn't know anything about this until it was announced. Which is a good sign obviously. 

4 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

This is actually quite a big thing that a lot of people don’t think is a big deal but it really is.

The community trust does a lot of excellent work and the players all get involved in it. The wee man went to the week long hot shots over the Easter holidays and on one of the last days 5 or 6 of the players turned up signed autographs, pictures etc and even played some games with the kids. The kids absolutely loved it and it can really help getting younger kids becoming fans of the team. That is going to be totally lost now though.

Well ... Queens still do a lot in the local community and players visit the primary schools etc.  Having the players train at Hamilton Palace doesn't preclude them from occasional mid-week visits to the town to support community work.  I'm sure it would be the same for ICT.

I do think there is a bit of an (albeit understandable) over-reaction here.  Is this the end of the club?  Or is it just some much needed financial pragmatism kicking in at long last to acknowledge a situation that needs addressing (to save the club)?

As I've said earlier, the only odd thing here is giving funding to a rival instead of using other available facilities - eg the place in Perth that Arbroath used previously, and I'm sure there are others.

I don’t think Alec Chisholm is a director so probably wouldn’t have been told in advance anyway.

2 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Well ... Queens still do a lot in the local community and players visit the primary schools etc.  Having the players train at Hamilton Palace doesn't preclude them from occasional mid-week visits to the town to support community work.  I'm sure it would be the same for ICT.

I do think there is a bit of an (albeit understandable) over-reaction here.  Is this the end of the club?  Or is it just some much needed financial pragmatism kicking in at long last to acknowledge a situation that needs addressing (to save the club)?

As I've said earlier, the only odd thing here is giving funding to a rival instead of using other available facilities - eg the place in Perth that Arbroath used previously, and I'm sure there are others.

I may well be proved wrong but I’m not seeing these players, who don’t want to be up here in the first place, finishing training and jumping in a car for 2 and a half hours to spend and hour or so in a primary school etc to then head straight back down the road.

I'm concerned that moving the playing side of the club away from Inverness might impact on our ability to take advantage of the free port area.