"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

Away home now. Will go back and tidy up stuff when home. I think I've been referring to both the club board and trust board as the board. 

Some people couldn't even get in the room. 

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

3 minutes ago, Buzz Killington said:

Away home now. Will go back and tidy up stuff when home. I think I've been referring to both the club board and trust board as the board. 

Some people couldn't even get in the room. 

Cheers, it was clear to me..

I just joined the Supporters Trust - is the membership number you get a count of the number of members?  Because if so, they've grown ten times from a few years ago.

5 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Wait until Gardiner slaps a 35% uplift on season tickets.  Sadly, there are not many options available to force them out.

As an outsider looking in, is there anyone else who could/would takeover??

1 minute ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

There are other people involved in the club who are apparently interested.

7 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Based on rumours alone yes there is. However they don’t want to pay off the debts to the current board so essentially I don’t see anything happening with that.

There seemed to be quite a lot of support for going down the Administration route by the end of that meeting. I personally don’t see it.

The guy who first brought it up spoke very well and clearly knows what he’s talking about. The accounts of the club are due out on Friday and he thinks we have been running the business while insolvent. Think this is why he was so keen for Administration and getting it done as soon as possible. Seems to think there is a very real possibility we can go bust.

I don’t really know what I was expecting to come out of that meeting but the reality is f**k all is happening. The trust can’t, for legal reasons, endorse a boycott but pretty much the whole room agreed they wouldn’t be giving the club another penny until Gardiner was gone. A fair media presence in the room too so while it won’t be an official boycott from the supporters trust the message will get out into the wider public.

The decision to move to Kelty was the work of Morrison and Gardiner and none of the other board members were aware of the decision being made. Some of the correspondence between the supporters trust and the board really just confirms that the guys running the club ie Gardiner (possibly Morrison too) are complete and utter shitebags.

When the supporters trust first asked for a seat on the board they were told they needed to have a membership numbers of at least 25% of season ticket holders. When they reached this target the goalposts were moved to needing to pay £75k per annum. This was based on the Morton supporter trust raising £750k over the last 5 years. So the board wanted half of what the Morton supporters put in each year. I know it means the trust would have a voice at the table and could feedback to fans on board meetings but I’m not seeing the real benefit of this if Morrison and Gardiner could still come up with the Kelty training idea without anybody else knowing.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

The message I'm getting is that the Trust can't call for a boycott but the board will know that they won't be selling many season tickets if they move their offices and training to Fife.

Yeah i think i said a few times that the Trust board wouldnt support a boycott, this was incorrect.  They say they can't legally endorse a boycott.

Ive gone back and clarified this in the relevant posts.

Edited by Buzz Killington

6 minutes ago, Buzz Killington said:

Yeah i think i said a few times that the Trust board wouldnt support a boycott, this was incorrect.  They say they can't legally endorse a boycott.

Thanks for the updates / live reporting tonight.

Much appreciated.👍

Posted (edited)

I predict a stall on Fife tomorrow, blaming the Trust and talk about going part time. And maybe sackings and/or resignations. They'll obviously have to delay early bird season ticket sales.

Edited by welshbairn

Feels like Caley are at an impasse where folk would like to take over but don't want to pay off the current directors' debts, Morrison puts his money into the club but trusts Gardiner who is a complete arsehole and the fans can't get rid of the current board without causing harm to the club.

It's a shite situation for fans of Caley. Boycotting the club in this scenario is what I would personally do however I wonder if the trust can approach Savage and MacGillivray (spelling probably crap here, sorry) to come up with an overarching strategy to get rid of the current board.

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

When the supporters trust first asked for a seat on the board they were told they needed to have a membership numbers of at least 25% of season ticket holders. When they reached this target the goalposts were moved to needing to pay £75k per annum. This was based on the Morton supporter trust raising £750k over the last 5 years. So the board wanted half of what the Morton supporters put in each year. I know it means the trust would have a voice at the table and could feedback to fans on board meetings but I’m not seeing the real benefit of this if Morrison and Gardiner could still come up with the Kelty training idea without anybody else knowing.

Morton fans make that contribution as owners of about 90% of the club with MCT holding a majority of seats on the board, it includes money that was handed over before we became owners to facilitate share transfers, and the ongoing contribution of over 1000 members at a minimum of £10 a month is money we put in knowing we own the club and that can help with running costs, build up reserves, supplement the playing budget etc because there's no private owner to dip into their pocket when any unforeseen costs arise.

The idea that fans of any club should just hand sums of money like that over for the sake of one seat on the board with nothing else tangible in return while literal millionaires are complaining about how hard a time they have covering losses is absolutely mad. Especially so in the case of Inverness when that money would just be a contribution towards Gardiner's wage, not even covering it all, to continue making more f**k ups and running the club into the ground.

Thanks @Buzz Killington

I'm not a Caley fan myself but my missus has been watching everything closely and is absolutely gutted. I actually didn't realise how much she cared but it's her hometown team and she's watching it go to shit. I can't help but to feel terrible for you all up there just now, but fair play the people there that showed up and got their point across. Maybe there's life in the old dog yet, part time is NOT a death sentence if it means the club survives within it's means.

Hope you guys get things sorted, having been through fans meetings like the one tonight, boycotts, administration etc its not something I ever like to see another clubs fans go through, all the best for getting back on a good footing again.