"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I guess the club's argument would be that central belt players will likely already have homes within commutable distances from Kelty.

As I mentioned yesterday Glasgow to Kelty and back is a 120 mile round trip, so that would incur travel expenses for players from that area which could be expensive on a 5 day a week basis at £60 per day given it's 50p per mile.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Yup, I even saw a flat just off Dingwall High Street going for £39 thousand, must have been a shithole mind...

Was probably my old digs, it wasn't THAT bad! 😂

7 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

As I mentioned yesterday Glasgow to Kelty and back is a 120 mile round trip, so that would incur travel expenses for players from that area which could be expensive on a 5 day a week basis at £60 per day given it's 50p per mile.

They could slum it and take Edinburgh players, only 20 miles away and most of Kelty probably commute there for work. I don't agree with this plan btw, just saying how Morrison would argue it.

Historically we have recruited, often successfully, in the lower English leagues and in Ireland. If we continue this at all, we will require to provide accommodation in Fife instead of Inverness.  Where's the saving?

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I think Morrison is more concerned with getting some of his money back than worrying over what he probably sees as "Background Noise" going on at the moment, so administration might suit him.

Ironic though when he described Gardiner as "Loyal".

It suggests that the words Staunch and Loyal are in every day use between them.

The wee rat c**t probably browns up the **** brouges every morning before work. 

A shite LC group again - Dundee, Arbroath, Annan and Bonnyrigg.

2 teams we play every season, another we're playing 4 times next season and a team we played at the same stage last season.

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

2 teams we play every season, another we're playing 4 times next season and a team we played at the same stage last season.

Aw f**k off, that thread will turn into utter nonsense with Sandy and the Dee fans going head to head (again) 

2 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

I notice that ICTFC have a Gordon Fyffe listed as a director on Companies House, and that he is a PR Consultant.  This is not uncommon for companies, but it begs the question what kind of PR advice did he give when they decided to move to Kelty?  "Aye, the fans will love that, just go for it without consultation!"

He used to be the top communications/PR guy at the Cooncil.

I don't think this is a good idea but if I was a PR person, here is how I would have done it.

1 - Announced it at the same time as announcing the signing of players.  If this is going to help us and attract good players to us, prove it by showing us the players who we've signed.  This has been in the works for some time, then deals for players based on it must have been discussed.  

2 - Have a proper discussion about the youth academy and first team pathways.  Morrison said in his interview that this exists and Scott Kellacher is all over it.  Well, if that's the case then show us what the plan is. If Orion are going to sponsor the Academy, then sort that out before the announcement.

3 - Give full details of the savings and what is required.  Instead of figures that change in the duration of the interview, tell us what the savings are against the costs of accomodation and tell us about the sustainability of the club.

We don't have any of that because they haven't lined any players up, there is no youth pathway for academy players and the savings / costs probably haven't been worked out, aside from the back of a post-it note.  They are winging it completely, as they always are.  All this stuff is being done now, after the announcement caused such outrage.   They haven't planned for relegation, despite us being ninth for most of the season.  

52 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Least with the exception of Annan the team can get to the other games quickly....

*sorry couldn't resist