"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I get the impression they're more like Panini WC cards now than get rich quick scams. I see Jack Grealish is available for $0.15.

Panini are the original rug pullers by never putting the sticker you need in any packs tbf.

Just read an article about Arsenal being censured assumedly in connection with fan tokens - after mentioning a couple clubs who had exponential increases in value. There's certainly a undercurrent of greed to these things that encourage people to 'invest' because it'll make them money - even if that is a digital sports card and has no real world value.

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

We got a recommendation from a poster on the Ayr thread to read this one for a soap opera style storyline(s). It didn't disappoint. Would "recommend" if this was Netflix 🤣

Seriously though lads, what an absolute basket case of a year you've had. Scottish Cup final in 2023 to League 1 and a myriad of problems. As an outsider hiring Ferguson has been one big disaster. Big ego and on big wages. No idea where you go from here

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

No idea where you go from here

Their CEO has worked for Rangers, Hearts, and Dundee before Inverness.  All three clubs have one thing in common.  No, not that, the other thing.  They've all been visited by the administration fairy at some point...

8 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Panini are the original rug pullers by never putting the sticker you need in any packs tbf.

Just read an article about Arsenal being censured assumedly in connection with fan tokens - after mentioning a couple clubs who had exponential increases in value. There's certainly an undercurrent of greed to these things that encourage people to 'invest' because it'll make them money - even if that is a digital sports card and has no real world value.

I’m sure I heard the other year that the average price to complete a panini book without doing any swaps with someone is over £1000. Total scam.

I have just read the article in your local newspaper about the guy that is in to buy your club. It reeks of the guy that bought us back in the in the lat 90's Hugh Scott. This charlatan promised us that he was going to do this and that. Instead he asset stripped the club until we were down to the bare bones thereafter trying to sell Cappielow putting the club into administration.....I can see similarities so be very aware he may be a wolf in sheep clothing.

1 minute ago, gmfc said:

I have just read the article in your local newspaper about the guy that is in to buy your club. It reeks of the guy that bought us back in the in the lat 90's Hugh Scott. This charlatan promised us that he was going to do this and that. Instead he asset stripped the club until we were down to the bare bones thereafter trying to sell Cappielow putting the club into administration.....I can see similarities so be very aware he may be a wolf in sheep clothing.

He's a wolf in wolf's clothing!

A bilnd man running for his life could see that.

Been away for a few days up in Inverness so not really caught up on it all until this morning 

We are dead and buried i reckon and this is a final "f**k You" from Gardiner 

This Ketan 7Seventy thing is an absolute joke , guy is like a failed Apprentice candidate

Someone up the road, please go and find Gardiner and boot him square in the balls 

Out of all the gangsters and incompetents on our board he is at least the most experienced in these sorts of shenanigans. An absolute gang of frauds.

Screenshot-2024-07-31-141132.png

Also, the statement we have put out doesn't suggest that any proper due diligence on this deal will be happening anytime soon.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

3 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

This is hilarious, we deserve everything we fucking get

No, no you don't.

Fans of all clubs (well apart from 2 clubs obviously) are emotionally invested in their "local" club for all the right reasons. Directors are the custodians of our clubs and should have a duty of care to look after the best interests of our clubs, particularly given their key roles in the local communities. The loyal fans don't deserve a sh*tshow like this.

The first step on any Due Diligence for any football takeover should be "Does the potential new owner deal in crypto" If they answer no they can move onto the next stage. If the answer is yes then they should be fired into the sea and in this case directly from the Kessock Bridge.

The club being wound up and us starting again in the North Caley actually looks appealing at the moment.

2 hours ago, Oats said:

Been away for a few days up in Inverness so not really caught up on it all until this morning 

We are dead and buried i reckon and this is a final "f**k You" from Gardiner 

This Ketan 7Seventy thing is an absolute joke , guy is like a failed Apprentice candidate

Someone up the road, please go and find Gardiner and boot him square in the balls 

You've nailed it with this comment.

I can't see the deal going through to be honest, I'm not convinced this joker has any money. 

Either way, things look fairly ominous. 

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

He's a wolf in wolf's clothing!

A bilnd man running for his life could see that.

To me he just seems like a grade A plonker. Not sharp enough to be a wolf. The type of clown who in school was always trying to top what other people had done. Your dad got a new car? This clown's dad just bought a boat. We all know the type.

Our former money men are never going to see a penny from this guy. They'd have more hope of getting something back, if they'd hand over this 30% over to the ST instead.

It also conflicts with STs stronger together campaign, so should be doing everything in their power to block this instead of sitting on the fence again. Really hope both wise up and realise it's all a con very soon. I think this really is the end of the club if neither do.

1 minute ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Our former money men are never going to see a penny from this guy. They'd have more hope of getting something back, if they'd hand over this 30% over to the ST instead.

It also conflicts with STs stronger together campaign, so should be doing everything in their power to block this instead of sitting on the fence again. Really hope both wise up and realise it's all a con very soon. I think this really is the end of the club if neither do.

This is exactly why I find the stance of the Supporters Trust absolutely remarkable. A few months ago they were moaning about how much money they had to pay just to get a seat on the board and yet they are seemingly happy to welcome this dodgy looking character who is getting a 30% share of the club for bugger all.

I don't actually think we could work, or maybe progress is the better word, as a fan owned club but I am 100% sure the fans would be able to provide a hell of a lot more cash than this charlatan ever will.

Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose.

Baron Ashcroft, the Conservative peer, is selling his Watford shares to Laurence Bassini, the owner of Watford FC Limited, a recently formed shell company. WFCL will take control of the Championship club through a 53.95% stake after Ashcroft, Graham Simpson and Yianna Simpson agreed to sell their shares for about £450,000 last week. Yet Bassini is not a registered shareholder of WFCL. Instead the Highgate-based knee surgeon Panos Thomas, who is, will hold the shares on trust for Bassini. Why, how and where those shares will be held for Bassini are not explained.

Much about Bassini's business past has been inscrutable. He has admitted to the Watford Observer to having been declared bankrupt "for about a year" from 2007, and temporarily claimed benefits. This led to him changing his name from Laurence, or Lawrence (which he had also used), Bazini. "Businessmen have their highs and lows," he said. It is hard to discover Bassini's highs.

Digger has found 12 companies where he has served as a director. One, which he founded alongside others in 1995, still trades but he left its board in 1996. Another was struck off in 2000, four years after its incorporation, having shown a deficit of £19,372 in the only accounts it ever filed. The other 10, apparently mostly retail and restaurant companies ("Dancing Divas", anyone?), were struck off without ever filing accounts.

Bassini has suggested he has previously received financial help from his "very wealthy" family, which includes a barrister brother. Digger contacted this brother, who refused to corroborate or deny this claim. Digger also called Thomas to ask about his new business partner and why there was a need for WFCL's convoluted share structures. He also refused to comment.

So Watford will receive a "£3.5m working capital facility" (or loan) from a man whose wherewithal is impossible to gauge. But the money is not his own. WFCL's spokesman told Digger "he has access to sufficient funds" but "has no obligation to disclose his backers". That is not good enough.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2011/mar/18/digger-watford-owner

33 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

This is exactly why I find the stance of the Supporters Trust absolutely remarkable. A few months ago they were moaning about how much money they had to pay just to get a seat on the board and yet they are seemingly happy to welcome this dodgy looking character who is getting a 30% share of the club for bugger all.

I don't actually think we could work, or maybe progress is the better word, as a fan owned club but I am 100% sure the fans would be able to provide a hell of a lot more cash than this charlatan ever will.

There was an enthusiasm at the start that it could be viable. Crowd growth has always been what we've needed, and it looked like that might be possible for a moment.

I think that opportunity has been missed, and very close to dead, unless something happens very soon.

I understand they were cautious at the start, with the uncertainty of everything. But in hindsight, that was very wrong. The views only getting muddier.