"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

6 minutes ago, Juanhourjoe said:

There was an enthusiasm at the start that it could be viable. Crowd growth has always been what we've needed, and it looked like that might be possible for a moment.

I think that opportunity has been missed, and very close to dead, unless something happens very soon.

I understand they were cautious at the start, with the uncertainty of everything. But in hindsight, that was very wrong. The views only getting muddier.

Yeah, the share scheme seems to have barely been mentioned since the whole thing was announced. I know these things take time to get everyone together but around the time the Kelty move was announced it was a perfect time to, essentially, slam it down peoples throats to try and give it some momentum. No idea how far they would have managed to take it but it was perfectly clear back then we needed someone new in charge to invest money so to put little to no effort behind it is poor to say the least.

I get that the board are volunteers and working full time jobs, I assume, so trying to do this on top of that is a tough ask but the main reason nobody took any notice of the Trust until a few months ago was that it was an utter amateur hour style job and due to this when we actually needed someone to step up we had a bunch of wet blankets at the helm. 

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

On 30/07/2024 at 11:50, Otis Blue said:

Nice of you to add your heartfelt concerns for the financial health of ICT ... no doubt in a private moment you'll also be surmising as to the ultimate future of the mighty Spiders once the Haughey lad gets bored of temporarily funding his southside plaything in favour of helping his wee pal Brendan seek an alternative to perennial Champions League irrelevance.  A wee touch of irony here perhaps?

Leaving the utter shitshow that is Lesser, Haughey is five years through what he said would be a ten year investment; he's put in well over seven figures without us losing any assets. We've gone from staring the prospect of Lowland League football as amateurs to a reasonable full time Championship side with an infrastructure as good as anything outside the Old Firm. I'll take another five years of being a plaything.

I wish ICT well and sincerely hope that you do better than a serial failure of a guy with ten bob to his name taking over.

33 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Championship side with an infrastructure as good as anything outside the Old Firm. 

Not being arsey or trying to derail this thread but that isn’t half a bold claim…

38 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

We've gone from staring the prospect of Lowland League football as amateurs to a reasonable full time Championship side with an infrastructure as good as anything outside the Old Firm.

Insofar as directors boxes go, you're probably right.

58 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Leaving the utter shitshow that is Lesser, Haughey is five years through what he said would be a ten year investment; he's put in well over seven figures without us losing any assets. We've gone from staring the prospect of Lowland League football as amateurs to a reasonable full time Championship side with an infrastructure as good as anything outside the Old Firm. I'll take another five years of being a plaything.

I wish ICT well and sincerely hope that you do better than a serial failure of a guy with ten bob to his name taking over.

You've built an actual evil lair instead of a stadium.

59 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Does the guy need money to take over? Maybe the shareholders are cutting their losses and giving them away.

I've got an image in my head of a Haribo sweets advert in the Caley boardroom with Makwana, Gardiner and Thomas doing baby talk about swapping phygital pennies and giggling a lot.

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

The club being wound up and us starting again in the North Caley actually looks appealing at the moment.

Two phoenix clubs, representing the Thistle- and Caledonian-minded portions of the town would sound even better?

13 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Two phoenix clubs, representing the Thistle- and Caledonian-minded portions of the town would sound even better?

There's a guy claiming that he's resurrecting Thistle but it seems digital only, Zoom meetings with no players or ground. If only there was someone who could help him make it phygital!

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

There's a guy claiming that he's resurrecting Thistle but it seems digital only, Zoom meetings with no players or ground. If only there was someone who could help him make it phygital!

Yeah I've been following that story.

Got to start somewhere!

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

with an infrastructure as good as anything outside the Old Firm

I mean this is just delusional. 

25 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yeah I've been following that story.

Got to start somewhere!

It wouldn't be a bad way for Seventy7 Ventures to start. Somebody turned a Gellions pub team into a club winning the North Caley that likely could have made the Highland League if they had the resources to find a qualifying ground, much of it through branding,  designer internet shirt sales and acquiring a global numpty fan base. It's Ketan Makwane's skills to the T!

3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Leaving the utter shitshow that is Lesser, Haughey is five years through what he said would be a ten year investment; he's put in well over seven figures without us losing any assets. We've gone from staring the prospect of Lowland League football as amateurs to a reasonable full time Championship side ...

So, in 5 years time when sugar daddy Haughey finally takes his stack back across the Clyde to "paradise" where do you go? Back from whence you came perhaps ...

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It wouldn't be a bad way for Seventy7 Ventures to start. Somebody turned a Gellions pub team into a club winning the North Caley that likely could have made the Highland League if they had the resources to find a qualifying ground, much of it through branding,  designer internet shirt sales and acquiring a global numpty fan base. It's Ketan Makwane's skills to the T!

You forgot entry to the pyramid, four years of building .  .  . Champions League .  . 

Obviously if this horrorshow goes through we expect the thread to change from ICT to NFCT

23 hours ago, Oats said:

This Ketan 7Seventy thing is an absolute joke , guy is like a failed Apprentice candidate

Maybe Gardiner confused candidate with boy?