"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

1 minute ago, yoda said:

The impression I got was that the run-of-the-mill commercial stuff was ignored at the expense of harebrained "get rich quick... eventually" schemes. 

I think with what Savage has said in the media over the last day or so there is no doubt at all that this is true.

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

1 minute ago, yoda said:

The impression I got was that the run-of-the-mill commercial stuff was ignored at the expense of harebrained "get rich quick... eventually" schemes. 

Yes, combined with lack of community engagement and poor on field results its probably taken a hammering. But it's all declining for years, even the catering and hospitality is poorly run and crap quality.

Maybe the drop in quality of tea and pies is symbolic of the decline all round for supporters and efforts if the club to focus on sales of any kins.

I think the huge numbers bandied about for the car park and battery schemes were wholly reliant on the Caley Thistle name swaying the Council. When it turned out it didn't, after no doubt promising the investors leverage, there was no value in them.

17 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Any investors I expect will want some kind of return or output and not be just donating. 

Said nobody who’s ever invested in a football club ever…. You are as financially astute as Scott Gardiner if you believe people invest in football for a return.

Since news that negotiations with Seventy7 Ventures have been suspended, Savage said in a television interview they have been involved in talks with interested parties from China and Portugal about investing in the club.

However, Makwana says that he remains committed to investing into Inverness Caledonian Thistle and awaits to hear from the club if they wish to continue talks.

He said: “On receiving the official communication from the board about the suspension of our imminent deal, we at Seventy7 Ventures are disappointed as we believed we were closing in on concluding the business for the betterment of the club.

“I acknowledge the board’s decision to engage Mr Savage and respect that they are trying to achieve financial stability in the short-term.

“This news doesn’t change anything with respect to the future developments of Inverness that we have initiated as we firmly believe that our vision is a positive move for the city of Inverness.

“Our deal is currently suspended and we want to go on the record to say that we remain committed to the deal and should the club decide to reinstate the deal or if the club comes back on the market - then we are willing to engage and conclude the business.”

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/exclusive-ketan-makwana-still-determined-to-get-a-majority-358468/

1 hour ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Said nobody who’s ever invested in a football club ever…. You are as financially astute as Scott Gardiner if you believe people invest in football for a return.

Oh boy another one who fails to understand investment, sponsorship or donations. Savage stated investors not donators ......clearly County fans already worried at the risk of a sustainable highland club

13 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Oh boy another one who fails to understand investment, sponsorship or donations. Savage stated investors not donators ......clearly County fans already worried at the risk of a sustainable highland club

🤣🤣🤣

32 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

IMG_2219.jpeg.32e4951966545d00bc944d2a5a7e04cb.jpeg

As part of the Dunc/Bollan sacking deal, Remi Savage should be sent packing with them. To Cleethorpes Town or Celtic Nation or whatever his level is. He can take Longstaff and Cameron Ferguson with him too.

14 hours ago, welshbairn said:

You'd think after the car park scheme went down the swanee they could think about renting spaces for camper vans, maybe opening up the bar for them and a wee shop selling essentials. A few smaller ventures rather than putting all their eggs in a couple of magical money trees. If it got popular they might have to tell them to GTF on match days though.

That's what I'd originally thought they would be doing, selling eggs from the battery farm.

I still think it's worth a try.

5 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Remi Savage sounds like a name for o drill rapper

Wasn't he a founding member of Roll Deep?

11 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Do we reckon that Fergusons job is safe until new investors come in? Or would Savage give him the bullet if we lost the next 2/3 games? 

He’s definitely going to get the Montrose and Kelty games. Purely as Savage will want to fine out if the shareholders will write off the loans and have that meeting with the auditors.

I think he would, obviously, prefer not to sack him but with the comments in the courier or P and J about the squad being good enough for promotion and playing attacking football, along with trying to make the club attractive as possible for new owners/investors. A team sitting in the bottom 2 of league 1 doesn’t extant achieve that so I think he would get rid if he feels the need to.

I was told about Christie being CEO the other day before the P&J made it public and in the same text was told Ferguson is away in the next 10 days.  The first part came to pass so fingers crossed the second part does too.