"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

48 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

I noticed this on the summary of the meeting last night.

There has been a lot of misinformation about the cost of the Academy. The cost to the club is between £25k and £40k per year. Taken over time, this has been more than covered by transfer fees. The Academy realistically can produce 3 or 4 players each year for the first team squad’

Those figures seem remarkably low for an academy (unless there is funding is from elsewhere).   If it can genuinely produce 3 or 4 first team squad players each year, pound for pound it must be the best academy in the country by a mile.

I don't think those figures are particularly low if the coaches are volunteers and presuming they largely use the Caley pitch for training and playing. If anything they're a bit high but depends how many teams and there may be some paid staff. To be fair I'd imagine Inverness' Academy travel costs are significant.

On 20/10/2024 at 15:15, Shodwall cat said:

Certainly different to yours as we always pay ours back. 

3 hours ago, Mulder12 said:

For clarity on the shodwall cat situation he was done for fraudulently obtaining money from some of those who you would class as the most vulnerable in society. A throughly unpleasant person and the last person who can take the moral high ground in any situation.

Hello Shodwall are you there??👋 👋

24 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I prefer ill informed, vindictive speculation. Although the implication from @Mulder12 post is it was pretty bad.

Shadwell Pussy seems to have flown the nest. Not sure if I'm keen on first time posters digging up dirt from years ago, the way it's going there will be nobody left.

3 hours ago, Ayrfix said:

When Airdrie went tits up, they basically bought Clydebank and renamed them. They (graciously) gave the name and badge to a fans group who restarted the club as a Junior team. They are doing very well and are through to the third round of the Scottish cup. Feck knows what would happen if they draw Airdrie. 

It would be interesting…… 

33 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Shadwell Pussy seems to have flown the nest. Not sure if I'm keen on first time posters digging up dirt from years ago, the way it's going there will be nobody left.

I'm sure they'll be back soon enough under a less obvious pseudonym.

8 minutes ago, Buzz Killington said:

BBC reporting that administrators have been appointed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cm24gr1rrnpo