"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

2 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

We can’t stay up under Duncan Ferguson let’s be honest. The current squad is good enough to be top. It would take some turnaround to stay up.

If you get rid of Dunc, who do you see taking over a club in administration? I hear that Ferguson hasn't been taking a salary and has been helping the team out off the park.

4 minutes ago, scottbamby said:

The league is piss poor, yourselves included. The main thing anchoring this team from fulfilling its potential is the manager, who should be first out of the door. It’s a bit if your auntie had balls she’d be your uncle, however anybody who’s watched us in this first round of fixtures will tell you we’ve looked superior to the sides we are playing in most aspects of play, we are just far too conservative under this manager which prevents us scoring the goals required. I’m confident if he goes and we keep the bulk of the squad, we’ll win plenty of matches between now and the end of the season and have a decent chance of staying up.

Charlie Christie seemed pretty positive at the weekend about our chances of keeping most of the squad together, following discussions with others who have been through the process. I could of course be totally wrong and the squad gets decimated, in which case we would likely be too far adrift.

Think Arbroath have a lot of good things going for us but at same time I don’t trust us at all - Jekyll and Hyde - most teams in same boat and it’s who’s the best on the day. 

Inverness have about 6 good/decent L1 players I think excluding Reilly who’s out for the season - if they were to lose them I think you’re doomed to L2.

25 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I don't think relegation is a given here, this sort of thing can create a siege mentality and really galvanise the core team/club that's left.

Didn't Dundee survive this sort of points deduction a few seasons back?

Plus, there's almost 3/4 of the season still to play, so a 15 point penalty isn't insurmountable.

Dundee got hit with 25 points in 2010/2011 I’m sure.

Think if you add the 25 points back onto their final total then they’d have finished just behind us that year.

27 minutes ago, philpy said:

Any rangers fans revelling in this news  - Just remember, ICT didn't cheat their way to any titles.

Is that not better? At least Rangers had something to show for their cheating.

3 minutes ago, Buzz Killington said:

Only team in the league with a better goal difference than points total, you'll never sing that.

Consectuive relegations with positive goal difference would be an incredible achievement.

29 minutes ago, philpy said:

Any rangers fans revelling in this news  - Just remember, ICT didn't cheat their way to any titles.

There's that Scottish Cup they mention occasionally. Should probably put an asterisk against it now.

1 minute ago, Forfinn said:

There's that Scottish Cup they mention occasionally. Should probably put an asterisk against it now.

Mr. Cameron achieved that after three consecutive annual profits. The administrators need to get him on board again forthwith.

7 hours ago, Ayrfix said:

When Airdrie went tits up, they basically bought Clydebank and renamed them. They (graciously) gave the name and badge to a fans group who restarted the club as a Junior team. They are doing very well and are through to the third round of the Scottish cup. Feck knows what would happen if they draw Airdrie. 

I'd imagine the Airdie fans will embarrass themselves, but that would be a pretty safe bet for any fixture

1 hour ago, Buzz Killington said:
31/05/1996 - Profit - £207, 608 - Sale of land (presumably old grounds)

From what I recall it was just the sale of Telford Street Park as Thistle didn’t own their ground.

We once caught and overtook Dundee from 15 points behind in only 19 games. When dunc goes we should be looking at staying in this league. Plenty time left.

Fans of our fellow seasides right now hoping dunc stays and our players leave.

Edited by bdu98196