"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

11 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Thing is, naebody really knows where that money is going. Certainly not on players.

It could also be not getting regular money in as well. Not just the outgoings. The wage bill, for the most part, could have been under control but not bothering to concentrate on basic income streams for a football club could be accounting for a fairly big part of the shortfall.

We stopped Player Sponsorship, Man of the Match sponsorship etc. God knows when the last time the sponsors around the pitch, back of the stands etc paid as there were some that had gone years without making payment and the boards were still up. No idea if that was still ongoing but we haven't been paying attention to the basic ways to bring money into the club. When was the last time we had hospitality for example.

I could also be talking complete shite but there you go.

Edited by PB1994

3 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I've not really posted all that much, they're evidently just more memorable to you.

FFS, stop digging. You're just coming over as a bit of a fanny. You might think you're very funny, but you're not. Just tiresome.

3 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

We stopped Player Sponsorship, Man of the Match sponsorship etc.

What? That’s f**king mental. Surely these are essentially free money for a club - At Thistle it’s £300 quid or something for them to sign a top and let you come along an event they’d be putting on anyway, which is at the stadium so presumably costs aren’t exactly huge.

Just now, oneteaminglasgow said:

What? That’s f**king mental. Surely these are essentially free money for a club - At Thistle it’s £300 quid or something for them to sign a top and let you come along an event they’d be putting on anyway, which is at the stadium so presumably costs aren’t exactly huge.

Who needs that when you've got

Star filled concerts at the stadium

Multi million pound battery farm

Park and ride for Norwegian hydro engineers

Er, hang on.

Losing Brooks is a bit of a blow cause he seemed to be coming into his own a bit he was definitely showing signs that with more confidence & time he could be more prolific in front of goal & would be a good asset for us 

Wallace Duffy is decent enough at this level the only regular starter to get let go but he won't be a huge miss. 

Flynn Duffy was OK certainly not a huge lose & he hasn't played since that game against QOS in late August when he got injured. 

Newman was demoted to back up keeper after Diabaga shown he is a better keeper so again he won't be a huge lose I imagine Rybellas our youth keeper will be back up..

Cammy Ferguson well..... I can't say I'm gutted to see him go quite the opposite one of the worst players I've ever seen play for ICT. 

Could've been a LOT worse 

Edited by Connor Macleod

2 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I might be wrong about the player sponsorship one, someone else one here will know for sure but certainly the man of the match sponsors had not been done in ages.

Edited by PB1994

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Who needs that when you've got

Star filled concerts at the stadium

Multi million pound battery farm

Park and ride for Norwegian hydro engineers

Er, hang on.

And these directors were all, ahem, 'businessmen'.

I hope they're better at recovering pallets or whatever their day job is.

I feel bad for Wallace Duffy - he was messed around over the summer being released and then re-signed and now he's been binned again.  Hopefully he finds a new club.

19 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

It could also be not getting regular money in as well. Not just the outgoings. The wage bill, for the most part, could have been under control but not bothering to concentrate on basic income streams for a football club could be accounting for a fairly big part of the shortfall.

We stopped Player Sponsorship, Man of the Match sponsorship etc. God knows when the last time the sponsors around the pitch, back of the stands etc paid as there were some that had gone years without making payment and the boards were still up. No idea if that was still ongoing but we haven't been paying attention to the basic ways to bring money into the club. When was the last time we had hospitality for example.

It's mad that any club in Scotland above pub league level wasn't doing any of those things.

I was at a Loch Ness FC (RIP) game in Fortrose last season and even they had a 50/50 raffle and a couple of sponsor boards up. Not that it did them much good in the end tbf.

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I feel bad for Wallace Duffy - he was messed around over the summer being released and then re-signed and now he's been binned again.  Hopefully he finds a new club.

Aye I was thinking about that today as well. Re signed on a 2 year deal in the Summer after being messed about by the club & now he's being let go again in the middle of Autumn. 

That's brutal. Wishing him all the best for the future 

19 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I’ve had a wee look on the club website and some of the players have sponsors, some don’t. How up to date it is, I’ve no idea. Dunno why any business would bother sponsoring a player because it’s not exactly made clear on any social media. 

It was noticeable when Savage first arrived on the scene we had match sponsorship, very very basic things that aren’t going to make anyone a millionaire but they are a consistent revenue stream for a club of our size. 

Hate to keep repeating what everyone else has said but the previous regime completely disregarded this stuff and was going for, effectively, get rich quick schemes. 

One thing about this as well is the character of the people at the club.  Scott Gardiner is an arrogant man, he wouldn't want to lower himself to phoning back a garage or a pub or restaurant about who's going to sponsor Charlie Gilmour this season.  He's got far bigger fish to fry.

Sadly for us he didn't fry the fish, he f**ked it.

Like others have said, Brooks is the only real surprise there. Didn't get enough game time in the Championship and was finally getting a run this season. His finishing left a lot to be desired but that's probably a symptom of Ferguson playing him and Mckay the wrong way round. Probably isn't ready for the step up to Championship but would be a good signing for another League 1 side. 

After looking at the squad earlier, I expected a right back to go and probably another defender so the two Duffy's aren't unexpected but it's a shame for Wallace after getting messed around over the summer. 

The less said about Ferguson Jr the better but no chance he shows up anywhere above Lowland League without his Dad. 

Pretty much all players from positions we have cover in and, purely speculatively, players that are having accommodation or travel expenses paid for. 

35 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

There should be no fans of any other clubs in any way gloating or rejoicing at any of this. We are all just a few bad seasons and/or a bad owner away from this.

Hopefully the news that so few players are being released and expressions of interest already coming in, means that there is a brighter future to come.

And yet, despite these very sensible, well made points, it’s absolutely delicious.

Just now, Central Belt Caley said:

Just seen someone on twitter alleging Brooks was on 900 a week, surely not? :lol:

i heard yesterday it was slightly more than that 

shared the same agents as Dodds who signed him 

1 minute ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Just seen someone on twitter alleging Brooks was on 900 a week, surely not? :lol:

Surely not has been said daily recently with things we're finding out in the club so i wouldn't be surprised if he was on that