"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

Surprised at Oakley being signed so early as I would have thought positive judgement would have been preferable after a couple of more games, I forgot to mention earlier that I thought Foy did exceptionally well after coming on for Davidson, but trialists usually pull out all the stops in pre-season games so we will have a better take on them after these four HL friendlies are completed.  

Was Foy a trialist? I thought he was one of the youth lads.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• Highland Capital

29 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Was Foy a trialist? I thought he was one of the youth lads.

You're correct he is one of the youth squad and was given a try out in the first team where he did well for the time he was on, he may well get a start on Tuesday night.

AFC Wimbledon fan and season ticket holder here. Really suprised that you have signed George Oakley.  He's been at Wimbledon since he was 13 and was long touted as the next big breakthrough player. He has had some bad injuries (ankle break and hamstrings) and is a willing workhorse but not a natural finisher.

Be amazed if he sets the division alight but good luck to him. I hope he does well and proves me wrong. 

20 hours ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

AFC Wimbledon fan and season ticket holder here. Really suprised that you have signed George Oakley.  He's been at Wimbledon since he was 13 and was long touted as the next big breakthrough player. He has had some bad injuries (ankle break and hamstrings) and is a willing workhorse but not a natural finisher.

Be amazed if he sets the division alight but good luck to him. I hope he does well and proves me wrong. 

The Sean Kelly of strikers?

40 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

The Sean Kelly of strikers?

Not really. Kelly played plenty of times last season and improved without pulling up trees despite a shaky start. He probably wasn't quite strong and quick enough but certainly wasn't out of place in L1. 

Oakley hasn't really featured for AFC Wimbledon so is an unproven quantity at any level, even Scottish Championship. He must have a decent agent right enough. 

2 hours ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

Not really. Kelly played plenty of times last season and improved without pulling up trees despite a shaky start. He probably wasn't quite strong and quick enough but certainly wasn't out of place in L1. 

Oakley hasn't really featured for AFC Wimbledon so is an unproven quantity at any level, even Scottish Championship. He must have a decent agent right enough. 

I did say that I thought that during the Forres game his enthusiasm outweighed his skills but that's only one game, and to be fair to the lad we have had plenty of lower league English players at Caley who have thrived and developed into decent players so lets give the lad a chance.

Brora - All nine named trialists given a run out,(Oakley was down as a Trialist but I thought he signed?), at least four of them came on very late so difficult to rate their performance.

Baird was outstanding in box play and fully merited the hat trick, Oakley was  gifted a goal from Cooper but overall he didn't cut it for me, I'll see as the season progresses.

Our two experienced defenders were totally suckered for Brora's goal and signs of last season  showing, they steadied from then on.

Polworth of the stalwarts ghosted for the first half and then turned in a good game in the second.

Of the Trialists that played for the majority of the game Cooper absolutely stood out for me with Blake turning in a skilled professional job, Chalmers was solid for most of the game and deserves a place, Leitch wasn't at the races and was subbed.

Ricardo Calder is worth an extra mention as when he came on he impressed with his speed and ball play, however he is young and was at times easily dispossessed but he could well be one for the future provided he is handled well and allowed his obvious natural ability.

Elbouzedi MIA, has he moved on to better pastures, it wouldn't surprise me, anybody know?

MOM was Tokely who behaved throughout the game like a feckin frustrated raging bull with it's balls caught in a wringer, in one of his outbursts he very nearly took the head off of the linesman, St Mirren fans would have loved it, good old Ross.

Onto Nairn on Fri night, hopefully the manager will give the late starts last night a better run out.

8 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Collin Seedorf?

Even if he's a complete huddy, I'm so jealous of this signing. An actual Seedorf.

Just like you were jealous of us signing a Hasselbaink , complete huddy that he was ! :angel

Just now, billyg said:

Just like you were jealous of us signing a Hasselbaink , complete huddy that he was ! :angel

Sorry - Scottish Cup winner and destroyer of Rosenborg Nigel Hasselbaink, thank you very much 8)

That'a a brave signing considering he hasn't played with us as a trialist in a game.  Obviously Robbo has seen enough in training to warrant a contract.

I was at the game last night.  We started off pretty poorly, but improved as the game went on.  I was really impressed with John Baird, his finishing was good as was his movement and work rate.  Think he'll be a decent signing.  Not too sure about Oakley and Ridgers though.  Oakley doesn't seem to offer much despite his goal while Ridgers is horrid at crosses.  

I'd like to see Alex Cooper given another run out.  He had a quiet game on the whole, but he did seem to have skill and his passing was pretty good.  Joe Chalmers looked steady enough.  Another I'd like to see again.

Along with Seedorf, both the P&J and STV are saying that Riccardo Calder has signed yet nothing official from the club.  Calder looked pacey and direct.  Apparently, we've also agreed terms with Elbouzedi but again nothing official as of yet.

Edited by Highland Capital

He played at left back last night (with Robbo quoted in the P&J that he's primarily a defender).  I thought he was more a winger.  Got forward quite a bit and looked pretty enthusiastic.  I'd like to see him again.