• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• Highland Capital

22 hours ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

Apparently if this happens Callum Davidson is gonna be the man to replace him...

I'm not too sure what to think about that.  Towards the end of his time at St. J some saints fans were pointing out his record / stats and it was absolutely abysmal.
That's of course not to say that he wouldn't do a good job somewhere else, who knows.

9 hours ago, TheScarf said:

You do realise different people can have different opinions on a subject? 

Would you say you've ever shown intolerance of different opinions on here?

6 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

while we remain.

But Sandy you're already boycotting home games.

Anyway Morgan Boyes > Robbie Deas

8 minutes ago, KingBeastie said:

I'm not too sure what to think about that.  Towards the end of his time at St. J some saints fans were pointing out his record / stats and it was absolutely abysmal.
That's of course not to say that he wouldn't do a good job somewhere else, who knows.

There is a touch of the Yogi Hughes about him, you see fans of clubs they have came from saying he is shite but you also think, but he's won cups. 

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

There is a touch of the Yogi Hughes about him, you see fans of clubs they have came from saying he is shite but you also think, but he's won cups. 

I'm not against the idea of CD getting the job at all, I'm just pointing out that his record at St. J after the cup wins was really poor.

However I think managing Inverness in the 2nd tier against the likes of Morton, Ayr, Raith, Partick, Arbroath, etc is a very different prospect to managing St. J in the top flight v Rangers (RIP), Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, etc.  There's nothing to suggest he couldn't cope with the former easily, there's no guarantees is there.

I know something needs to change at ICT, however I fear Dodds is a small part of that, although I really think his position is almost untenable now.  We could go on a great run but most fans would be just waiting for the defeats, the majority very much want him gone now I feel.

2 minutes ago, KingBeastie said:

I'm not against the idea of CD getting the job at all, I'm just pointing out that his record at St. J after the cup wins was really poor.

However I think managing Inverness in the 2nd tier against the likes of Morton, Ayr, Raith, Partick, Arbroath, etc is a very different prospect to managing St. J in the top flight v Rangers (RIP), Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, etc.  There's nothing to suggest he couldn't cope with the former easily, there's no guarantees is there.

I know something needs to change at ICT, however I fear Dodds is a small part of that, although I really think his position is almost untenable now.  We could go on a great run but most fans would be just waiting for the defeats, the majority very much want him gone now I feel.

It may give him a gentler time to grow as a manager, it all went to shit very quickly at St Johnstone for him and he just didn't look like he was turning it round. 

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

He’s not got a neck though. I like my managers to have a neck. And not a brass one like Robertson or Gardiner.

I bet Gardiner and Dodds were wearing their silly orange Sevco tops on Wednesday night as they watched their favourite team humiliated and ripped a new arsehole.

47 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I bet Gardiner and Dodds were wearing their silly orange Sevco tops on Wednesday night as they watched their favourite team humiliated and ripped a new arsehole.

This is a recurring theme that may speak of something or nothing but the particular sexual violence that is imagined gives me cause for concern.

4 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

He virtually is Hughes.

Won a cup with someone elses squad. Systematically dismantled it and built a dogshit, massively expensive one in its place (rumoured ~£2m loss last season with a squad of almost 40 players) with poor players being handed huge wages and long contracts (Ali Crawford got a 2.5yr deal 😂). Flat out refused to change anything tactically and blamed the players every time we lost. Still going to the media and trying to gaslight everyone into believing things weren't as bad as they seemed and it wasn't anything he done wrong that got him sacked, just last weekend claimed he was treated harshly as St Johnstone "should be happy" to be sitting 9th in the table (after a run of 2 wins in 16 matches).

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

He virtually is Hughes.

Won a cup with someone elses squad. Systematically dismantled it and built a dogshit, massively expensive one in its place (rumoured ~£2m loss last season with a squad of almost 40 players) with poor players being handed huge wages and long contracts (Ali Crawford got a 2.5yr deal 😂). Flat out refused to change anything tactically and blamed the players every time we lost. Still going to the media and trying to gaslight everyone into believing things weren't as bad as they seemed and it wasn't anything he done wrong that got him sacked, just last weekend claimed he was treated harshly as St Johnstone "should be happy" to be sitting 9th in the table (after a run of 2 wins in 16 matches).

They always seem to get the backing of other teams fans as well. There are still some who can’t believe we sacked Yogi and think the reasoning was that we were expecting to be in the top 6 every year.

Ive seen a lot of that with Davidson already and it will never disappear. Generally the majority of fans who watch these guys every week aren’t wrong.

12 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

They always seem to get the backing of other teams fans as well. There are still some who can’t believe we sacked Yogi and think the reasoning was that we were expecting to be in the top 6 every year.

Ive seen a lot of that with Davidson already and it will never disappear. Generally the majority of fans who watch these guys every week aren’t wrong.

We'll get relegated this season partly due to his horrendous squad building fucking us both on the park and financially, and the majority of comments will be about how it was because we sacked our double cup winning manager and how we deserve relegation for "expecting too much".

7 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Both ourselves and Ayr signed guys from outside the UK and had to wait an age for visas to get put through. Both players turned out to be completely mediocre. 

We wish, by f**k do we wish that Bangala had been mediocre. Even half way to mediocre would have done