• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• Highland Capital

7 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Add to that our recent recruitment of wingers without pace or crossing ability, midfielders who can't pass forwards or stand their ground in a tackle coupled with strikers with all the physicality and ariel threat of a borrower ...

In our recently completed Bartley-led masterclass of FT deployment at third tier level QOS did in fact deploy the above mentioned strategy almost word for word ... and I am able to confirm your worst fears for you, (surprisingly) this does not work.

26 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I don't see why the next manager has to know the club or has to have played for us. 

Right now we need some sort of continuity with a manger that identifies with the fans not some jobber, plus the option of bringing in an ex player who still lives locally cuts out the likes of relocation and other expenses, in our present financial situation to bring in a central belt based manager whose family would not make the move up here would be costly with his agent cutting all sorts of deals for travel etc.

Right now we need money to attract players of some calibre in, we don't have much to offer other than a good wage.

13 hours ago, North West said:

Any you guys watching The Staggies tonight?

Biggest club of the North by a mile.

I watched it and County's arses collapsed after Raith scored, if Raith matches that last 20 minutes of the game and continues with it on Sunday I have serious doubts about County.

Plus I can see Dhanda being a hoofing target in the first 20 minutes.

3 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Right now we need some sort of continuity with a manger that identifies with the fans not some jobber, plus the option of bringing in an ex player who still lives locally cuts out the likes of relocation and other expenses, in our present financial situation to bring in a central belt based manager whose family would not make the move up here would be costly with his agent cutting all sorts of deals for travel etc.

Right now we need money to attract players of some calibre in, we don't have much to offer other than a good wage.

One of our board currently pays Duncan Ferguson, allegedly, £5,000 a week.  I don't think we need to worry about a relocation fee from a manager from the central belt, both currently managing or currently not.

On that note, said board member is supposed to be pulling his funding if Gardiner stays at the club.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

One of our board currently pays Duncan Ferguson, allegedly, £5,000 a week.  I don't think we need to worry about a relocation fee from a manager from the central belt, both currently managing or currently not.

On that note, said board member is supposed to be pulling his funding if Gardiner stays at the club.

We all know of the Ferguson £5000 weekly salary plus very comfortable lodgings, now that the generous donor sees that his money was totally wasted I very much doubt he would repeat the failure/total loss on a manager and hopefully direct that sort of funds towards players.

I have made it clear on earlier posts that I would like to see the likes of Tremarco in or why not Tokely etc on a rolling contract.

Why have a manager who after every home or away game shoots off to spend time with his family down south for a couple of days.

27 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

People say this sort of thing a lot, but I don't know what they really mean by it. If a manager does well and is generally a sound dude the fans will accept him.  That's all that's needed.  A hometown hero story is nice, but there are many, many managers who became club legends who didn't have any obvious identification with a club before they turned up. 

13 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I have made it clear on earlier posts that I would like to see the likes of Tremarco in or why not Tokely etc on a rolling contract..

Overall any changes need to focus on the requirement where we are looking to succeed in League One & future Championship, therefore has to align with experience in achieving lower levelsl through shrewd recruitment and playing style on limited budgets. Bollan I dont believe has the capability to support Dunc with that, combine that with the excessive costs of that structure a more viable and proven alternative would be welcome. Taking historical players for the sake of it who havent done that is not going to work IMO.

29 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

We all know of the Ferguson £5000 weekly salary plus very comfortable lodgings, now that the generous donor sees that his money was totally wasted I very much doubt he would repeat the failure/total loss on a manager and hopefully direct that sort of funds towards players.

I have made it clear on earlier posts that I would like to see the likes of Tremarco in or why not Tokely etc on a rolling contract.

Why have a manager who after every home or away game shoots off to spend time with his family down south for a couple of days.

Tokely :lol: He’s a big raging shite that lamped someone in game for celebrating a goal. If he’s the answer, f**k knows what questions are being asked 

11 minutes ago, Buzz Killington said:

Did any of our best managers have any link to the club before being appointed?  

Apart from Stevie Paterson with his HL background and Charlie as a player no.

You could argue that Butcher and Hughes were best but again they had no connections with the club.

Foran, an ex player was probably our worst.

What I'm saying is that from a financial point of view rather that hire some merry go round jobber it would be financially preferable to take in a local who has knowledge of the club and like Tremarco is aware of the managerial day to day running of a club.

14 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Tokely :lol: He’s a big raging shite that lamped someone in game for celebrating a goal. If he’s the answer, f**k knows what questions are being asked 

I hear what you're saying and though I mentioned Tokely in my post I would not prefer Tokely as I saw his actions when he managed Brora.

Having said that you know that we were managed by the king thug in his  career last season.

I note in a post a few pages back you state that we must have a manager in who understands the club, did you imply an ex player or ex manager?

37 minutes ago, A Diamond For Me said:

People say this sort of thing a lot, but I don't know what they really mean by it. If a manager does well and is generally a sound dude the fans will accept him.  That's all that's needed.  A hometown hero story is nice, but there are many, many managers who became club legends who didn't have any obvious identification with a club before they turned up. 

Jock Stein ex Captain of Celtic did Ok.

A wee btw, Stein was raised in a protestant rangers supporting  Burnbank in Lanarkshire, in his playing days with Celtic he stayed with his parents in the village, on a saturday his father would always 'Good Luck John' when he left the house but the day Celtic were playing Rangers his father wouldn't speak to him, and if Jock on any day took a walk up the village men gathered in groups on corners, as they did back then, would turn their backs on him. 

"Delighted to announce" we're moving a key part of the club 150 miles away and paying a direct competitor for the privilege. This board need fired into the sun.