"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Meekings has an interview with the local Dundee paper and he's saying that he reads comments from your fans and has great memories. Usual birthday caird pish. He's asked if he'd be interested in a return - says he'd ideally like to be back with his family down South but is open to anywhere. He says that he has a daughter that's 2 so he wants his next move to be a joint family decision on a place they can settle.

As soon as he was released a lot of fans were clamouring for his return. I would't say no. After all it would potentially keep Brad Mckay out of the team but I'd be surprised if we can afford to sign him. He'll almost certainly end up playing somewhere closer to home down south.

I know it's a bit of a cliche, but if he hadn't been so injury prone following our 2015 season he'd have played at a higher level.  When he was with us, he was scouted by Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen and had he stayed fit and continuing to improve from where he was he could've played or a lower English Championship side.  

Edited by Highland Capital

Screenshot_20200710-135509_Chrome.jpg.9036cfe4bee354a115d083c9d628ce4a.jpg
Is that Tom Walsh on the right?
And if it is, would he be up to the top flight?
No
Depends on how good your treatment table is

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

I don't think so.  Walsh's hair is much curlier than that.

19 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Walsh isn't as tall as that guy either.

2 minutes ago, weirdcal said:

No
Depends on how good your treatment table is

Seems to have been confirmed its one of the raft of youth players we're mixing with the senior squad this pre-season.

I think Walsh could maybe do a job at a club in the top flight but he does seem to have a lot of problems with keeping fit. He's not the quickest wide man but he does quite well to dig a cross out of seemingly nothing although it doesn't always find a team mate. He was (one of) our leading assist maker(s) during his time with us and I'd far rather see him on the flanks than someone like Storey. Disappointed he left us after turning down a new deal.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20200710-135509_Chrome.jpg.9036cfe4bee354a115d083c9d628ce4a.jpg

Is that Tom Walsh on the right?

And if it is, would he be up to the top flight?

St Johnstone a top flight team? Gie yer heed a fuckin shake, top flight football is in other world above where your team are, we live in a Scottish footballing world where the ,manager of our winning PL team is managed by a man that wasn't good enough for Bolton, a bottom english championship team and was fired after 17 games without a win, thats where we're at like it or not

And as a wee btw, St Johnstone played Neil Lennon's  Celtic twice in the PL last season ,with  Celtic scoring 7 in the Aug game and 3 in the Jan game with your team failing to score in both.

So with that which flight do you see yer team in?

Edited by SandyCromarty

St Johnstone a top flight team? Gie yer heed a fuckin shake, top flight football is in other world above where your team are, we live in a Scottish footballing world where the ,manager of our winning PL team is managed by a man that wasn't good enough for Bolton, a bottom english championship team and was fired after 17 games without a win, thats where we're at like it or not
And as a wee btw, St Johnstone played Neil Lennon's  Celtic twice in the PL last season ,with  Celtic scoring 7 in the Aug game and 3 in the Jan game with your team failing to score in both.

At least you can say you didn’t let RG rattle your cage.

10 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

So with that which flight do you see yer team in?

3c939c1d1f3ab50a7ef00967bba99ea0.gif

14 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Come on Sandy, calm doon. You're no in 'Nam now. 

I know, but it angers me when a fan comes on here mentioning his team is 'top flight' indicating we're of a lesser standard, in my book it's way out of order especially considering how his struggled badly for most of the season.

And truth be told, with Tommy gone and and first time manager Callum Davidson, (who I admired as a player), appointed it may well be that St Johnstone will struggle to stay in RG's 'top flight'.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

I know, but it angers me when a fan comes on here mentioning his team is 'top flight' indicating we're of a lesser standard.

I mean, it literally does mean that.

I was asking if Walsh could transfer second tier form, against part time sides and dross like Morton, to the top tier, in games away to Pittodrie, Ibrox and Celtic Park.

I'm not sure why that offended you.

I mean, it literally does mean that.
I was asking if Walsh could transfer second tier form, against part time sides and dross like Morton, to the top tier, in games away to Pittodrie, Ibrox and Celtic Park.
I'm not sure why that offended you.
Walsh could easily play top flight imo. Decent player but as already stated he is quite injury prone.

Not sure why you got such a hostile response tbh.

On 06/07/2020 at 20:25, RandomGuy. said:

You wont be out the Championship regardless so I dont see why its affecting you?

This quote on the 6th of July when Snafu questioned if Hearts were relegated so that ICT can get on with recruitment build up.

And then followed by his post on Walsh playing in his 'top flight' bottom tier team.

The inference was clear with his arrogant attitude towards ICT.

That is why I acted with a hostile response, as that what his posts deserved worktheshaft.

Edited by SandyCromarty

24 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

This quote on the 6th of July when Snafu questioned if Hearts were relegated so that ICT can get on with recruitment build up.

And then followed by his post on Walsh playing in his 'top flight' bottom tier team.

The inference was clear with his arrogant attitude towards ICT.

That is why I acted with a hostile response, as that what his posts deserved worktheshaft.

🤣

What?

I said you wouldn't be out the Championship for season 20/21 because there's no possible way you could be after reconstruction was voted down, so I didn't understand why you were waiting for the court case to be resolved before making moves.