"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

I don't recall the likes of the quoted poster or indeed anyone stating their concern at your own ridiculously unsustainable financial model back when ICT were handing out contract extensions to a squad it patently couldn't afford year after year though. Which is surely the least that you'd expect from those so interested in acts of 'high morality and civic rectitude', rather than some Dundee-esque after the fact crocodile tears.

Edited by vikingTON

44 minutes ago, virginton said:

I don't recall the likes of the quoted poster or indeed anyone stating their concern at your own ridiculously unsustainable financial model back when ICT were handing out contract extensions to a squad it patently couldn't afford year after year though. Which is surely the least that you'd expect from those so interested in acts of 'high morality and civic rectitude', rather than some Dundee-esque after the fact crocodile tears.

Little to disagree with TBH. If people weren't querying it before more are now. It's allegedly been cuts after cuts at ICT for a few years now and we don't seem any closer to breaking even or even reducing losses.

Edited by RiG

On 14/07/2018 at 14:47, sophia said:

Graham Rae's latest....

"Financial implications. A second season in the Championship has implications for the way we must run the club.    We estimate the loss of income this season was £1.2 million through smaller gates, fewer visiting supporters, the absence of television monies and reduced prizemoney.  In the coming season, our parachute payment will be reduced from £300,000 to £150,000 and we no longer qualify for the UEFA payment for Celtic reaching the Champions League stage – a payment of £374,000.  So the challenges are even greater.   More than £900,000 has been injected into the club and more is needed.  It is clear we need a more sustainable business model.  And significant savings are being made to all aspects of the operation in order to better balance income against expenditure."

and on the interminable land deal:

"we are now very close to securing an agreement"

With that type of backdrop, fielding what looks like a competitive team is an impressive achievement 

On 08/03/2018 at 21:40, sophia said:

In the face of received wisdom that without Tulloch the Inverness football world would have stopped long ago, I was interested in a Savage angle.....

With a £6m contribution it seems we must all be grateful, but with a £1.5m tax saving, £2m stand rental, £2m for stadium naming & advertising and £10m for the worth of the land, there is scope to question the Tulloch largesse.

I don't know where the truth lies but here was me thinking that directors have a duty to their shareholders and to simply sink £6m doesn't seem to square.

On 17/12/2017 at 21:01, sophia said:

What a load of simplistic guff I read about Duke Sutherland and Tullochs.

"If it wasn't for ...."

I care not a jot that they used the opportunity presented to them to use a new club for their own means.

The Duke got what he wanted, a bit of land bank and a heightened local profile.

Of course our history would have been recorded in a different form, but we would still be here with or without covetous companies.

On 21/08/2017 at 19:37, sophia said:

I made it my business to catch up with Alan Savage this morning and remarkably, not once did he disparage our Scottish government with his Godwin guttural.

Fair play to him I say.

He did have a go at the land banker who is holding on to ownership of the car parks, presumably for prospective personal gain.

He claimed the Muirfield Mills tranche has grown to 10 so perhaps the time is coming when we can put the recent management malaise to an end.

50 minutes ago, virginton said:

Well recall a little bit harder next time.

20 hours ago, RiG said:

Absolute no brainer move for Tremarco. He'll likely get paid more at County (even as a squad player), he doesn't have to move his family, he gets to play at a higher level and he gets to keep doing his football coaching gig that he's started up. The bigger issue for me is why we felt he wasn't worthy of any contract offer whatsoever.

Robbo took three years to assemble a really decent team capable of (potentially) getting us promoted only for it to grind to a halt with COVID-19 and then be pulled apart. It's going to be a hell of a task for him to do it all over again. Our entire defence, arguably one of the best in the league last season, is now gone. In its place Harper, McHattie, Toshney and Mckay. Jesus wept.

Toshney may surprise a few in the season to come for all the right reasons.

On 09/06/2020 at 08:24, RiG said:

The black and red top is a fan made effort from one of the Puma template kits. It will almost certainly be pink, a charity effort like Partick did a few seasons back. I would surmise that the club is finalising a tie up with whatever charity is involved to do a joint promo for the kit.

Quick reminder that you're all cat ticklers.
I've seen some appallingly bad patter on P&B over the years, "cat ticklers" is toe-curlingly dreadful though. Oosht.

29 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Think I'm right in saying that pink shirts are usually the biggest sellers.  I quite like it but I'm still not entirely on board with the honeycomb design.

Plenty of clubs have had pink kits and it hasn't harmed them. I'm sure that when Partick released their pink strip it proved very popular.

6 minutes ago, RiG said:

Plenty of clubs have had pink kits and it hasn't harmed them. I'm sure that when Partick released their pink strip it proved very popular.

Aye, pink camoflague as I recall.  It's good after all these years, we finally have an away kit that doesn't look like an alternative home top.  Think the orange one in the early 2000s was the last time we had something that was a different colour entirely.

Has it been said how much the club are donating for every strip?

Edited by Highland Capital

17 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

Aye, pink camoflague as I recall.  It's good after all these years, we finally have an away kit that doesn't look like an alternative home top.  Think the orange one in the early 2000s was the last time we had something that was a different colour entirely.

Has it been said how much the club are donating for every strip?

Nah I did scan the release for that info. Suspect it won't be that much. Maybe 5%? I can't imagine it would be beyond 10% anyway.

On 16/07/2020 at 18:45, virginton said:

It's a bit late for Inverness fans to try and seize the financial probity moral high ground when you were more than happy for the club to lose £800k a year in perpetuity until Covid sank your hopes of promotion. As financial doping goes your club's buy now, pay later stance under Robertson has been as bad as almost any sugar daddy run outfit in Scottish football.

I know hes only trolling, but you have to admire the sheer brass neck of someone who's slagging you off for overspending when the team that he and I both support has until now been saddled with £2.5 million of debt in the form of loans from our very own sugar daddy that were needed to keep the club plodding along at our current level of, errr, success. 

Still, maybe thats why he added the "almost" near the end. 

On 16/07/2020 at 19:27, virginton said:

Are you going to apologise or not?