"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Wait until Savage comes back and we start signing over-the-hill Romanian superstars again.

I'm not sure that I'd be over enthused at the prospect of that Man Utd fanatic being involved again.

I recently read a particularly ranty piece by him in a local journal and he can't seem to avoid the temptation to revert to Goodwin's Law whenever faced by a constitutional settlement that doesn't agree with him.

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

What was posted on the twitter?

Also nice touch that you've got the entire league in alphabetical order on your website aside from Inverness, who are top :lol:

What word does the first four letters of your team's name spell?

4 hours ago, sophia said:

I'm not sure that I'd be over enthused at the prospect of that Man Utd fanatic being involved again.

I recently read a particularly ranty piece by him in a local journal and he can't seem to avoid the temptation to revert to Goodwin's Law whenever faced by a constitutional settlement that doesn't agree with him.

Alan Savage's main core business is agency hands recruitment in the oil and gas industry and that particular business has nosedived over the last two to three years, so I would reckon that his revenue stream has dried considerably and I cannot see any significant financial contribution coming ICT's way.

I hope some of youngsters get a chance this year, guys like Foy, MacRae, MacDonald and possibly Mackay the GK.

To be honest, if we get in the 2-3 that Robbo wants (Fraser, Bell and Lawton) then I think we are all good for season ahead, then its a case of holding on to Draper plus trying to get OFW and Raven (sounds to be away going by Northstandrising Twitter) off wage bill.

Any chance someone can post our squad as it stands just so I can see the number of players in the squad (I'd imagine it is about 20+) and If we're covered in all positions?

12 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

What word does the first four letters of your team's name spell?

Dumb. But you knew that and you've done this intentionally as to set up a wonderfully witty joke where you insinuate that Dumbarton fans are dumb. Great humour, it really is.

So this is going to be a season where we find stability and finding new players that will become regulars in the push to return to the top tier rather than getting a swift return like last time. Can't see us doing it this season against bigger more seasoned clubs at this level such as Dundee Utd, Falkirk, Dunfermline and St. Mirren, its going to be a struggle to start of with to turn around our form which so far looks to have continued on from last season especially with a team that hasn't really got its head back up and a number of new faces who will take time to fit in or mature.

I will be pleased rather than delighted or disappointed at the end of the season if we can make the play offs, that would mean the slide has been halted and gives us something to build on for season 2018/19.

I've been off of this site for some years now but I am surprised at how few postings there have been, I see that Ross County have over 440 pages on here compared to ICT's 24, has there been some sort of restart or do ICT fans find the site boring?

38 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I've been off of this site for some years now but I am surprised at how few postings there have been, I see that Ross County have over 440 pages on here compared to ICT's 24, has there been some sort of restart or do ICT fans find the site boring?

Apathy?

As it stands, in my opinion, the players we have fit just now are not enough for us to win the title. Still think we could scrape the play offs but it would be 4th at best.

The worst thing is, I still feel we have a full squad that could challenge for the title. Right now we seem to lack any real creativity up top (hence why we have only scored 1 goal that hasn't been from a set piece so far this season) but if you look at our injury list, we have Mulraney, Doran and that boy from WBA. Can't talk about the new lad as I haven't seen him but apparently he looked very good from when he did play. If that's the case we have 3 wingers who should stroll this division, it's just a matter of getting them fit or in Mulraneys case get an attitude transplant. If we can get them all firing, granted that's a massive if, I reckon we would all be a lot more optimistic about this season. Hopefully we can get the whole team fit and ready for a majority of the season.

Got to say I'm not sure about the new guy we got today. He did look very good against Clach but I thought he looked a lot more like a No.10 who would sit between the midfield and strikers. Don't know how that would really work in a 4-4-2 unless Robbo plans to go for more of a 4-4-1-1 in future

Apologies if that doesn't make sense... had a few but it makes sense in my head

Edited by PB1994

6 hours ago, The Mantis said:

That's a real mystery, although it just might be something to do with the C(o)unty thread being six years old where ours is about six weeks. That Dumbarton fan will be after you.

Fair comment Mantis but looking over the site in general I note that since May, Ayr United, who were similarly relegated and have a similar fan base, have 132 pages of posts and Edinburgh City, again since May, have 110 pages.

Why do our fans not populate the site?

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Fair comment Mantis but looking over the site in general I note that since May, Ayr United, who were similarly relegated and have a similar fan base, have 132 pages of posts and Edinburgh City, again since May, have 110 pages.

Because you don't have any?

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

They never have done, many prefer the safety of CTO or chat on Facebook. I don't think there is any downward trend in numbers of posters over the years though some names don't post as often including myself, there's just less interest in posting as much probably because there is very few bants between ICT supporters and other club's supporters on match threads, we had been largely accepted by most in the top division and generally thought of as good guys, not likely to offend, refusal to bite etc, even our match threads with County are quite polite and neighbourly. Most of the opposition fans who used to go on ICT threads and go on the wind up or troll are gone, the 'flat earthers' who used to gloat at the merged club at the slightest failure are gone too, you would think they would be all over a thread like this.

In there you might see one of the reasons why we are now playing in the 2nd teir.

Edited by CityDave

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I don't really bother looking at threads for other clubs but I can tell you the Edinburgh City thread is only 110 pages because of Craig Thomson.