"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

The Kevin Fraser thing is laughable. Surely we can't have expected Buckie to give up their player of the season for buttons especially when he was still under contract for another 3 years? What amateurs do we have at this club nowadays?

As for Lawton he's barely played in something like two years. He'd be a massive risk.

ETA: I see NorthStandRising was getting pelters over the weekend on Twitter again. I feel for the guy because I'm pretty sure it's only a 16 year old kid trying to be some kind of information source on Twitter but he doesn't half chat some total pish and changes opinions on a whim when folk start challenging him. Seems to be a lot of disproportionate hate for him though.

He seems genuinely happy that Liam Boyce has a brutal injury.

2 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

If our fans spent less time criticising our own and more time abusing fans of lesser teams we would not have been relegated, imo.

Naaah.....

We're just a close-knit, happy army of fans who, somehow just happen to hate each others' guts.

1 hour ago, alternative maryhill said:

Nonsense. We're far too mild-mannered and collegiate, and need more in-fighting. Look at Celtic: their supporters come to TCS and stab each other, and they always win the league. The guy from North Stand Rising and @Highland Capital should be madeto fight to the death in the centre circle before the Dundee Utd match, to inspire the players with their gladiatorial spirit.   

I like it, would probably draw a bigger crowd than the match itself. Sandy Cromarty v Sophia and RiG v ICT Chris on the undercard.

5 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

If our fans spent less time criticising our own and more time abusing fans of lesser teams we would not have been relegated, imo.

But we are a lesser team this season, so lets self abuse, have a feckin w**k and relax.

Is lesser even a feckin word?

3 hours ago, alternative maryhill said:

Nonsense. We're far too mild-mannered and collegiate, and need more in-fighting. Look at Celtic: their supporters come to TCS and stab each other, and they always win the league. The guy from North Stand Rising and @Highland Capital should be madeto fight to the death in the centre circle before the Dundee Utd match, to inspire the players with their gladiatorial spirit.   

What the feck is collegiate? is it a feckin apathetic mental disease.

You're far too feckin clever using big words that no fecker on here understands.

7 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

What the feck is collegiate? is it a feckin apathetic mental disease.

You're far too feckin clever using big words that no fecker on here understands.

Palsy-walsy better? In a strictly literal sense, collegiate doesn't even make sense in that context: I was just being a pretentious c**t.  

12 hours ago, dafcburty said:

Some pedantic points:

• Joe Chalmers has been missed from the preview. He'll contest for the left back / left midfield slot (based on what we've seen so far) with Calder, Tremarco (when fit November return apparently) and Mulraney.
  • We've recently signed Connor Bell to add to the list of strikers on the books
  • Doran, like Tremarco, is out until later in the year but in the wide areas we also have Zak Elbouzedi who was signed a few weeks back but is injured (not long term AFAIK)

You're right to pick up on the lack of depth in the middle of the pitch. And it will only get worse if County come back in for Draper and we accept their offer especially if it's late in the day and we have no time to find a replacement. I expect us to try and sign, once Fon Williams and this other senior player move on, a further defender (right back/centre back cover) and a central midfielder.

Edited by RiG

18 hours ago, dafcburty said:

Jordan, what's all this about? from what I read you've just scanned various reports and compiled your report, nothing original other than plagiarism there so please report on something we don't know, then you WILL get my attention.

Apart from Paul Chalk and Tom English all football journos in my opinion are freebooting freeloaders with free entry to games and free scran and keen to suck some type of sensational story to impress their editors and make it onto Sky Sports, (Dream On),and that includes Barley Chatterman.

Edited by SandyCromarty

20 hours ago, alternative maryhill said:

Palsy-walsy better? In a strictly literal sense, collegiate doesn't even make sense in that context: I was just being a pretentious c**t.  

I'm luvvin you more, and don't forget the fact that you can't boil the piss outta kidneys, so don't go ordering Kidneys Tobago on yer next visit to the chippie.

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

Apart from Paul Chalk and Tom English all football journos in my opinion are freebooting freeloaders with free entry to games and free scan and keen to suck some type of sensational story to impress their editors and make it onto Sky Sports, and that includes Barley Chatterman.

:lol: I'm seething that I've not benefited from the free food yet. Will I get that if I can get a press pass sorted for the TCS?

Word from the Extraordinary General Meeting last night was that someone is buying £1.1 million worth of shares in the club.  Would that someone then become the majority shareholder?