"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

On 05/06/2023 at 09:45, RiG said:

Allardice will be off 

Why do you think that out of interest? Always liked the look of him from what I've seen and would be pleased if we could get him, but not sure he's quite good enough for a premiership side to come in for. 

16 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Why do you think that out of interest? Always liked the look of him from what I've seen and would be pleased if we could get him, but not sure he's quite good enough for a premiership side to come in for. 

He is more than good enough to play in the premiership. I’d be shocked if he isn’t playing at that level next season.

Yep, Allardice staying in the Championship seems highly unlikely.  Unless United throw money at him.  He was excellent on Saturday against the best midfielder in the country, Hatate.

We can speculate all we want on players coming and going but the crucial determination by players and other managers will be our final league position which was poor, managers seeking to cherry pick the championship for squad players will obviously look at the likes of Partick Thistle etc not us.

The cup run was good and beneficial financially and also produced the best game by far against Livingston, but teams are judged on a season not four games.

A £280,000 return on 36 games is abysmal, to continue with that could well mean part time football.

The only solution to beef up our opportunities and attract decent players for next season and start with a bounce is a change of management.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

The only solution to beef up our opportunities and attract decent players for next season and start with a bounce is a change of management.

@Juanjo Nostalgia @approximately dave @SandyCromarty @TheScarf @Highland Capital @PB1994  etc

Genuine question to all those who want new management.

Who would you like to replace Dodds? Surely after all this time some names have crossed your minds so please feel free to share, you must have thoughts?

23 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

@Juanjo Nostalgia @approximately dave @SandyCromarty @TheScarf @Highland Capital @PB1994  etc

Genuine question to all those who want new management.

Who would you like to replace Dodds? Surely after all this time some names have crossed your minds so please feel free to share, you must have thoughts?

I mentioned a change of ideas, I said nothing about a change of management.

Of course that could come down to the new signings.

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

We can speculate all we want on players coming and going but the crucial determination by players and other managers will be our final league position which was poor, managers seeking to cherry pick the championship for squad players will obviously look at the likes of Partick Thistle etc not us.

The cup run was good and beneficial financially and also produced the best game by far against Livingston, but teams are judged on a season not four games.

A £280,000 return on 36 games is abysmal, to continue with that could well mean part time football.

Are you still boycotting buying a season ticket for next season?

Didn't you do this before?

14 hours ago, approximately dave said:

Are you still boycotting buying a season ticket for next season?

Didn't you do this before?

Never not bought a season ticket even when I spent a year overseas, but if Dodds and Robertson remains then, like others, I will not renew or purchase merchandise as I refuse to sit and watch the shite football than has been on offer the last two seasons.

Don't get me wrong I have no beef with the players and greatly admire the likes of Ridgers and others but I refuse to finance shite games and a £150,000 salary.

Don't forget we have DU who will spend big then Dunfermline and Airdrie on a roll with big support and QP out to avenge their season, to work with that we need a new management team with new ideas and not games of hoofing balls up the park.

Edited by SandyCromarty

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Don't get me wrong I have no beef with the players and greatly admire the likes of Ridgers and others but I refuse to finance shite games and a £150,000 salary.

I’ll clarify this for everyone. Nobody at the club and I mean NOBODY makes over 6 figures - the numbers this person consistently claims are laughable.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Aye, no bother Cameron.

I’m not sure Dodds junior could provide you the same level of footballing education I have. I would prefer to debate and discuss our club but unfortunately you’ve resorted to insults. I appreciate it’s difficult to beat me in debate (100% win ratio.) You could always join Bdu who slipped away to CaleyThistleOnline if that’s easier for you?

2 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

I’m not sure Dodds junior could provide you the same level of footballing education I have. I would prefer to debate and discuss our club but unfortunately you’ve resorted to insults. I appreciate it’s difficult to beat me in debate (100% win ratio.) You could always join Bdu who slipped away to CaleyThistleOnline if that’s easier for you?

A '100% win ratio' because everyone fucking ignores you.

2 hours ago, NorthStand10 said:

It brought a tear to my eye hearing the singing section chant Dodds’ name at the final, brought some to yours too I imagine!

Dry eyes at the final whistle for me Cameron. Understandable that you’re proud of your old man though. 

15 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

I appreciate it’s difficult to beat me in debate (100% win ratio.) 

F4CDE872-68A5-4A5D-AB2D-76B9789D65F9.gif.668941b780002658279fc3e118253978.gif