"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

8 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Wonder which of your players the biggest team in the highlands will be pinching this year, Allardice I’m potentially hearing , enjoy the championship again let’s hope for another top 6 finish eh 😘

We may be in the Championship but at least our manager isn’t a racist, misogynistic homophobe. 

Ross KKKounty 

According to Transfrmarket, players we have under contract for next season are

Mark Ridgers

Max Ram

Matthew Strachan

Cammy Harper

Zak Delaney

Lewis Nicholson

Sean Welsh

David Carson

Roddy MacGregor

Nathan Shaw

First team players whose contracts are expiring

Robbie Deas - confirmed leaving

Danny Devine

Wallace Duffy

Scott Allardice

Lewis Hyde

Ben Woods

Aaron Doran

Tom Walsh - I think he's been confirmed as leaving

Shane Sutherland

Billy Mckay

Austin Samuels

Steven Boyd

Ethan Cairns

Allardice will be off and I expect Boyd, Walsh, Samuels and Woods to be away too. Obviously Allardice will be a miss but the rest of those guys? Meh. Suspect that we'll see Devine, Duffy and Doran offered new deals and Mckay as well. Sutherland I am not so sure about.

Obviously the other one is Dodds but I'd be surprised if he isn't offered a deal and doesn't sign it.

Big summer ahead with another large rebuild...

Good to read that Billy McKay wants to stay.

Reminder on who is out of contract - Cammy MacKay, Robbie Deas, Danny Devine, Wallace Duffy, Scott Allardice, Lewis Hyde, Ben Woods, Aaron Doran, Harry Hennem, Tom Walsh, Robbie Thompson, Shane Sutherland, Billy McKay, Austin Samuels, Steven Boyd, Ethan Cairns.

Maybe there might be a couple of players that could be released from their contracts as well if they aren't good enough or want away.

Dan MacKay contracted to Hibs until 2025. Can't see him back here unless he's released from his contract. He's 22 now both Hibs and himself should decide whether he has a future there.

Sad to see Jay Henderson go, contract ending at St Mirren ending as well. His performances for us, the impact he made would have attracted attention from other clubs.

23 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Danny Devine 

Wallace Duffy

Scott Allardice

Lewis Hyde

Ben Woods

Aaron Doran

Shane Sutherland

Billy Mckay

Austin Samuels

Steven Boyd

Ethan Cairns

From that group, I’d like to see Duffy, Devine, Allardice, Sutherland, Mckay all stay. Maybe give Hyde another year aswell as a squad player. Would like to see Sutherland get maybe 6 months- 1 year to support him through the injury. 

Woods hasn’t played enough for me to have a strong opinion. Not fussed on Samuels, had a strong finish to last season but doesn’t look like that player anytime I’ve seen him. Boyd can get fired out a cannon back to the seaside leagues. Not seen enough of Cairns to comment either way.

Think I said the same last season, Doran’s time is up. He’s been a great servant for us but I just don’t think he’s at the level required anymore. 

I would put money on Dodds being the manager for the next 2 seasons. He’ll get another 2 year deal and the only way he’ll not be manager of us is if we get relegated or he resigns. 

3 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Can't blame Deas for moving on as if Dodds gets a contract the club is going nowhere, and I'm not alone with that as it has been evident over the last weeks on both forums.

He gets the chance of playing in the top flight and a better contract than we could offer, I would say that rather than anything to do with Dodds.

Kilmarnock are a bigger club and have always been a bigger club than ours even when we were successful in the top flight. It would have been a tough ask to keep him regardless of whom is our head coach or manager.

I agree though we need a change of ideas in the management department.

Deas is a top class player - easy to imagine him performing well at Killie and then moving quickly on to bigger and better things.

We are going to need to bring in a reliable CB. What do we think the odds are of Reghan Tumilty? Can’t imagine he’ll stay with Hamilton in league one.

21 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Deas is a top class player - easy to imagine him performing well at Killie and then moving quickly on to bigger and better things.

We are going to need to bring in a reliable CB. What do we think the odds are of Reghan Tumilty? Can’t imagine he’ll stay with Hamilton in league one.

Tumilty is a right back? I expect us to sign 2 CBs, can see us letting Ram go.

Edited by NorthStand10

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

According to Transfrmarket, players we have under contract for next season are

Mark Ridgers

Max Ram

Matthew Strachan

Cammy Harper

Zak Delaney

Lewis Nicholson

Sean Welsh

David Carson

Roddy MacGregor

Nathan Shaw

Danny Devine

Wallace Duffy

Scott Allardice

Lewis Hyde

Ben Woods

Aaron Doran

Shane Sutherland

Billy Mckay

Austin Samuels

Steven Boyd

Ethan Cairns

Lewis Hyde has signed an extension. 

1 hour ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Why not ?

He was apparently bored of playing the same 9 teams in the championship , the seaside league gives him an entire new set of teams to play against.

Also don't think hes a huge improvement on our current right backs (unless Carson is moved back into the middle of the park)

Edited by Jaffa

5 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Wonder which of your players the biggest team in the highlands will be pinching this year, Allardice I’m potentially hearing , enjoy the championship again let’s hope for another top 6 finish eh 😘

Aww that’s nice. I hope you get good results this summer in your Nationals 🙂

Going to do a bit of a Shaun here and suggest since we had some success at this level with ex Aberdeen players or maybe loanees in the past it might be a good route to go down. I see Marley Watkins is out of contract there and a young striker called Alfie Bavidge (Son of Martin) might benefit from a loan spell at a lower level.

Watkins might still be out of our range but you never know.