"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

2 hours ago, Jaffa said:

Also apparently we have offered Billy Mckay a contract with reduced wages.

what a fucking shambles. 

He is our highest paid player by some distance apparently. And a bit of a pay cut, if he's being offered a 2 year deal at his age, is the right call financially imo. As long as its not too drastic a cut. 

The club have been terrible at handling things like this for far too long. It’s a terrible look and certainly doesn’t help recruiting new players or keeping those who could leave. 

I’d reduce McKays deal in the second year due to his age but not the first, he was great last season but he won’t be great forever.

https://ictfc.com/club-statement-15/

I have no idea who to believe. On the one hand if Shane is completely right then he has “an open and shut” case as the club put it. Then we’d have to pay out no doubt. 

On the other hand, if the club is telling the truth and Shane is fibbing/stretching the truth then I don’t understand what he gains from it? 

Like most of things like this, no doubt the truth will be somewhere in the middle. Not a great look for the club though I must admit. 

'It is sad when a player cannot or does not accept the reality of due process or of football life but it doesn’t change the facts.'

hahahaha

A statement full of seethe 

Edited by Jaffa

Absurd statement - clearly drafted in a hurry and not checked over by anyone remotely sensible.

British employment law does not allow our club, or any other for that matter, to do anything outside of UK employment law.

No shit, Sherlock.

Most clubs are unaware of this fairly recent UK employment law development

What they’re referring to is procedurally unfair dismissal, failure to comply with the ACAS code of practice on disciplinary and grievance procedures. That code was published in 2015.

More fundamentally:

- Even if you have to invite him to a meeting, etc. that doesn’t stop you having an unofficial conversation. You know, like a decent human being.

- The accounts don’t line up. Did they tell him he wasn’t being kept on by email, or did they invite him to a meeting by email? If the second, why did he think/tweet the first?

Sounds to me like he's in denial, he's 33 this year and by the sounds of it his knee is still far from match fitness after a year of treatment. Suggesting retirement as an option isn't as cruel as he's making out imo.

That has Gardiner's hands all over it. I'm sure Sutherland probably did exaggerate some things in frustration but this is the man that forgot to order seats for Hearts' new stand and pissed off our shirt sponsor to the point that our chairman at the time had to step in and sponsor us himself.

No surprise to see stuff like this.

That statement from the club is so classless. Sadly the cup final money has served to top up the jobs-for-the-boys slush fund for another year or two so we won't be being run as a proper business for a while yet.

What is Panos Thomas actually doing as a director? As a former knee surgeon you would think he would have been all over sorting this out properly. 

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I have no idea who to believe. On the one hand if Shane is completely right then he has “an open and shut” case as the club put it. Then we’d have to pay out no doubt. 

On the other hand, if the club is telling the truth and Shane is fibbing/stretching the truth then I don’t understand what he gains from it? 

Like most of things like this, no doubt the truth will be somewhere in the middle. Not a great look for the club though I must admit. 

I could take both at face value, and see the clubs view. And also see the email as a copy paste job. That from it's generic nature Shane has taken too literally. 

The ICT response makes it out to be a legal requirement, that every club does the same. And I've heard plenty of players from other clubs coming out with the same complaints. 

Still. Club should really have told him this was likely well in advance. 

2 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Gardner came with previous from Hearts and Dundee.

We were well warned.

So who do you believe? a chancer or a player that gave his all in games.

We all know that the clubs footballing management does not give a toss for the fans who they see as a malice/ nuisance for saying how they see it on on social media, but now it seems the same applies to players.

If the board wants our money then they have to deal with the three clowns on the football side.

We were great once with an appreciative fan base now we are on a slippery slope with three wankers who will walk away and we will be left with the mess.

Edited by SandyCromarty